ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 03-23-2021, 09:55 PM   #211
Mudflap
Clonetrooper
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

I can't be the only one thinking Mattel really bungled the rollout of this line. I assumed that once it was no longer a Walmart exclusive we'd see Amazon, TRU, etc begin selling wave 1. Instead they just seem to be continuing with the newer waves, meaning a lot of us never got to purchase core characters from waves 1 and 2. If Walmart had stocked those waves like they have wave 3 (which seem to be collecting dust on the pegs) this wouldn't be such a problem. But I don't blame Walmart. It's Mattel's rollout and distribution that has made this budget line difficult to collect.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:37 PM   #212
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

It hasn't been easy. If the opportunity presents itself I'd go to bbts and preorder what you missed. I'm only missing 2 figures now as they've been able to fill what I missed.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:25 PM   #213
kentf
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
It hasn't been easy. If the opportunity presents itself I'd go to bbts and preorder what you missed. I'm only missing 2 figures now as they've been able to fill what I missed.
This is exactly what I did. Ended up being about $23.50 a figure after shipping and currency conversion (last time I ordered from BBTS I didn't get dinged with duties...fingers crossed that happens again). That's about an extra $6 a figure, but then you have to factor in the gas and time I'm wasting searching for these things.
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:42 PM   #214
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I have ordered He-Man and Teela from Amazon US and I have been eyeing BBTS, but I'm not thrilled about paying extra for figures from a budget line. These are not Marvel Legends and Black Series quality (nor are they meant to be). It just shouldn't be this hard or expensive to acquire them. I guess I'm speaking more out of concern for the line's future and bringing in new MOTU fans when figures of He-Man and Skeletor (the anchors of the line and characters that even a lot of the general public have an awareness about) are nowhere to be found at retail.

Last edited by Mudflap; 03-23-2021 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:59 AM   #215
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

I gave up and just ordered the wave 1 figures from Amazon.com for $14.99 US each. One benefit of having parents with a winter home in Florida. They arrived there yesterday i'm told. Just need Orko and Scareglow now. Those 2 seem hard to find in both countries at the moment. Without paying $30 or more anyways
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:36 AM   #216
Batman
Super Friend

I only found Wave 3 in a store. I saw He-man and Skeletor in the fall. I got Skeletor back then but it turned out he had two left bicep pieces so half of one arm was backwards.

I got the Skysled, Panthor and Battle Cat from Amazon.ca. I ordered Castle Grayskull from Amazon.ca but still hasn’t shipped. Says by April 9.

Otherwise looks like everything else is coming from BBTS. I’m waiting for Wave 2 and 4 to hit my POL.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:05 AM   #217
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
I only found Wave 3 in a store. I saw He-man and Skeletor in the fall. I got Skeletor back then but it turned out he had two left bicep pieces so half of one arm was backwards.

I got the Skysled, Panthor and Battle Cat from Amazon.ca. I ordered Castle Grayskull from Amazon.ca but still hasn’t shipped. Says by April 9.

Otherwise looks like everything else is coming from BBTS. I’m waiting for Wave 2 and 4 to hit my POL.
I was able to get Evil Lyn at Walmart last summer and encountered a similar issue. I realized after opening it that she has two right biceps. If I had paid double for her I would have been even more annoyed. As much as I love collecting anything MOTU and these are high in nostalgia factor, they really aren't worth more than retail price.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:32 AM   #218
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I can't be the only one thinking Mattel really bungled the rollout of this line. I assumed that once it was no longer a Walmart exclusive we'd see Amazon, TRU, etc begin selling wave 1. Instead they just seem to be continuing with the newer waves, meaning a lot of us never got to purchase core characters from waves 1 and 2. If Walmart had stocked those waves like they have wave 3 (which seem to be collecting dust on the pegs) this wouldn't be such a problem. But I don't blame Walmart. It's Mattel's rollout and distribution that has made this budget line difficult to collect.
My sentiments exactly - I kind of have a new philosophy about collecting: if they're easy to find at retail price, I'm in. If "they" make it difficult or I have to spend extra money to import them, then I'm out. I don't have any interest in starting to collect a line with wave 3 - what are these dummies thinking?
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:55 AM   #219
supervga
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantripod View Post
My sentiments exactly - I kind of have a new philosophy about collecting: if they're easy to find at retail price, I'm in. If "they" make it difficult or I have to spend extra money to import them, then I'm out. I don't have any interest in starting to collect a line with wave 3 - what are these dummies thinking?
Yeah same for me, availability and price was a big factor for even thinking I could do this.
Once the figures get close to 30 dollars, I'm not sure they are made well enough to justify the price. The horror stories about the joints breaking are really annoying. And I want my kids to play with them.
supervga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:00 AM   #220
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

I'm just glad they didn't shaft us on pricing via the exchange rate etc. This line is crazy affordable and the fact they are $14.99 on both sides of the border is a definate plus to Mattel.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote