ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-13-2021, 08:23 AM   #21
DubbaDee
Super Friend
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Pre-ordered a bunch of stuff last summer after seeing their 4.4/5 score on Google, and I wish I had actually read the reviews first.

I experienced all the greatest hits: 6 months with no word on anything as hundreds of dollars were already paid, seeing the product show up in stores and on Amazon for weeks/months, multiple emails without a response, shitty & combative attitude, excuses and no accountability, offering store credit instead of refunds, etc. etc. etc.

Don't know how they are with actual in-stock items, but I sure as hell don't plan on finding out.
DubbaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:31 AM   #22
Scenario
Red Shirt

Never do business with NMC. I learned my lesson after making 2 orders in 2020 that were suppose to arrive in January 2021. Took a chance on a Canadian retailer after seeing good reviews on google. After waiting a few months, I started inquiring about them after reading about some of the horror stories others have gone through on another websites forums. Then the condescending emails started. So I just contacted my CC company and they did a reversal. Never again.
Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #23
ViktorVonGloom
Red Shirt
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentf View Post
Yeah, he’s totally fucking with you. I pre-ordered the Super 7 Leo (among other things) and months after they arrived in then hands of other Canadian suppliers/customers I still didn’t have mine. I finally did a Visa chargeback after months of him not replying to my messages, even getting to the point where I told him I’d be going through my credit card company if he doesn’t reply. Here is a copy/paste of part of the reply he sent when he realized I escalated and actually followed up on my work to file a claim with my credit card company.

"If you think I'm going to ship you the bebop and leonardo that arrived and are impossible to find anywhere now let alone the thundercats replacement pieces that arrived alongside them after you just cost us a 20$ chargeback fee, screwed us on the payment processing fee, circumvented our support queue, and left us hanging on the in-stock items? I've got some bad news for you.

Your information has been recorded and your account banned until you close this chargeback and reimburse us for the lost funds. Only at that point will I consider fulfilling these items and issuing the replacement pieces."

He’s an unhinged clown. Do whatever you can to get your money back and never use him again. I even forwarded all my correspondence with him to Super7 and they said they were going to take note and escalate on their end, because S7’s records showed that he signed for the shipment at the start of 2021. I was rightfully entitled to the Thundercats replacement parts but he was holding them hostage (and allegedly selling them parted out in stores). Can’t think Super7 was very stoked about that, either.

If the NMC clown is reading this: you’re a joke, buddy.
He just posted on his Facebook page that he got invoiced by Super7 and is figuring out shipping. This'll be fun.

Edit: are you saying he's withholding his stock forcing the customer to use store credit and make up the figure on a marketplace instead?

Last edited by ViktorVonGloom; 09-13-2021 at 09:54 AM.
ViktorVonGloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #24
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

The only indie Canadian retailers that are good to order from based on what I've heard and first hand experience is redshift7, Toy Snowman, canucktibles, Age3andup. New Wave collectibles may be ok too but I've heard nothing about them.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #25
kentf
Red Shirt
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVonGloom View Post
He just posted on his Facebook page that he got invoiced by Super7 and is figuring out shipping. This'll be fun.

Edit: are you saying he's withholding his stock forcing the customer to use store credit and make up the figure on a marketplace instead?
Not quite sure what you mean with that last part. Either way, I was just giving my story:

- I pre-ordered S7's Bebop and Leonardo from NMC.
- Figures started hitting retailers (including Canadian retailers) in January 2021.
- In April (I think) I finally emailed asking him about the status of Bebop and Leonardo, along with the Thundercats accessory pack they should have automatically sent out due to a previous purchase. No reply.
- I emailed Super 7's customer service to inquire about the status of NMC's orders. S7 confirmed NMC had received both TMNT Wave 2 and the Thundercats booster pack months earlier.
- I sent more unanswered emails/tickets, going as far as to warn that I would be filing a chargeback with my credit card company if no reply is received by a certain date.
- Visa chargeback was approved
- NMC finally emails me back with an absolute rant of an email calling me a terrible human, admitting that they have the items in stock (but for some reason never shipped them out to me?), banning me from his store, and saying the only way I would get the items I'd previously paid for was if I apologized, cancelled the chargeback, and reimbursed him for lost costs (restocking, chargeback fees and credit card processing fees).

Too late, Loser. By that time Super 7 had already sent me a Thundercats booster pack and I was able to find another retailer who happened to have both Bebop and Leonardo still in stock.

Bottom line: stay as far away from NMC Toys as you possibly can.
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:51 AM   #26
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

The owner is a complete clown. He had a coupon campaign for a while where customers who left 5 star reviews would receive a $20 off $100 coupon in an effort to bury bad reviews. It worked for a while, but negative reviews are bubbling back up. These reviews get tons of upvotes as well.

The owner is manipulative and rude. I would encourage even those who have had good experiences to not support a person that taunts and gaslights people looking for their paid product.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:51 AM   #27
ViktorVonGloom
Red Shirt

What's his rationale to withhold the products for so long and get bad Rep? It's utterly confusing.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #28
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
What's his rationale to withhold the products for so long and get bad Rep? It's utterly confusing.
He's understaffed and/or has insufficient operating hours. His store used to be open only Tues-Fri 12:30pm - 7pm. I think he's open more often now, but he doesn't work to fulfill orders outside of these hours. If I knew I had hundreds of orders waiting to be filled, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:05 PM   #29
ViktorVonGloom
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
He's understaffed and/or has insufficient operating hours. His store used to be open only Tues-Fri 12:30pm - 7pm. I think he's open more often now, but he doesn't work to fulfill orders outside of these hours. If I knew I had hundreds of orders waiting to be filled, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night.
I have been to his new store and he does have tons of boxes unopened, he isn't lying when he says he has a lot to go through, but he probably needs to fast track the ones that should have been sent out or fast track any of the people that are sending emails.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:35 PM   #30
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
Quote:
I have been to his new store and he does have tons of boxes unopened, he isn't lying when he says he has a lot to go through, but he probably needs to fast track the ones that should have been sent out or fast track any of the people that are sending emails.
Totally get where you guys are coming from, but what's with all the rude and condescending emails? I sent polite emails regarding my orders to him in the past and received nothing but angry rants, sarcasm, and him trying to explain to me how supply and demand works. Also from what I've read on here and the other thread on Cybertron.ca, he's making money off people that are unable to cancel preorders.

When I placed an order with him past year, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would fulfill my order. I would send him the occasional email (once a month, not that often) inquiring about my order. It would either get unreplied to or I'd get a novel from him filled with rants and excuses. I waited over 6 months for the order and tried to cancel. He told me that would be impossible as it's been too long. Like wtf? You just need to return the money I paid you, that's it. Clearly he wasn't getting the item (to this day he still hasn't received the item because it's still showing as a preorder on the website), so why is it impossible for me to receive a refund? This is where I tried the chargeback and was refused as it was too long. My fault for waiting too long, but I was giving numb-nuts a chance because I realized things weren't the best economically at the moment. Many people have had this same issue happen to them at his store and he's banking off the fact that maybe they will wait too long to take action and he can keep their payment without providing the item (he's stated that in some of his emails that apparently he's won many Paypal cases and chargeback incidents).

Don't feel sorry for him peeps, this guy is low. As stated in earlier posts, there are a lot of other small Canadian retailers that are excellent and won't do this to you.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 09-13-2021 at 01:38 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote