ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #121
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I see a lot of talks about Hasbro being greedy. I don't know what make you guys came to that conclusion but it's just business.
They nneed to make money and that's it.
And on the contrary. They have a price point they want to set but also they are aware if it's too expensive, they will lose sales.
The HasLab projects exists for a reason. They don't fit the retail model. Or as exclusives.

At the end, don't like it don't buy it. Just feeling too much negativity here.
It's not negativity. It's just discussion. We understand that it's a business but it doesn't mean we can't be skeptical or disagree with the price they set. The Rancor is $350, for what it is,it really should be $250. Especially if the tiers they are offering for backing it aren't worth paying what Hasbro is asking for the Rancor. I really don't see how the Rancor wouldn't fit a retail model. Hasbro in the past has done huge toys like these and put them on retail shelves like the Snow Speeder and First Order Tie Fighter. Is Hasbro really aware though that if it's too expensive they will lose sales? They're already losing backers every day at $350 price point. Just because people don't agree with how this Haslab is being handled doesn't mean that they are being negative...

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-22-2021 at 02:38 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 03:53 PM   #122
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

Personally I don't think there's enough negativity.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:01 PM   #123
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

The proton pack is still selling fast even tough the unlocks are not too great, the hose should have been included at first, the lilttle puffs are cute, the sticker sheet...meh, only the stand is a worthy stretch goal if you ask me. Can't wait to get it tough. Going to have to buy an alice frame too, might as well go for a fully accurate cosplay at that poimt.
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #124
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
Personally I don't think there's enough negativity.
You think there should be more?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:43 PM   #125
Ksteel
Mutant

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:11 PM   #126
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

Adam savage takes a look at the proton pack on tested
https://youtu.be/Uc2jXrxI1SU
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:38 PM   #127
kentf
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPower View Post
Adam savage takes a look at the proton pack on tested
https://youtu.be/Uc2jXrxI1SU
I’m about halfway through the video and it has made me so freaking excited to receive my pack in 2023.
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:41 AM   #128
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Most of the Haslabs, and kickstarters/crowd funds, in general have what I call the "bump, slump & jump."

They all start with a bump in the first couple of days. Then they hit the slump in the middle where usually there is a slow addition. Finally in the last few days the jump where they add a lot more backers.

Ever since the Sentinel the Haslabs have had a pattern of a big bump at the beginning. Then a slow period in the middle and in the final days another large jump. They can vary, but recently a lot of them had a jump at the end of at least 8,000 backers.

I don't imagine that the Skystriker will be as big as those, but if it can get close to 7,000 backers before the final few days it should see another big jump due to FOMO. That will put it over the top for funding, and possibly even get them up to at least the first tier.

The Rancor is another story. There is no precedent for this Haslab. None of the Haslabs have ever lost this many backers during the campaign. They may have been slow, or had a blip here or there, but to lose hundreds of backers over the course of a few days is unprecedented. This flips the whole Haslab model on it's head for the first time. Cookie Monster is the only Haslab to fail and it was anemic from the beginning (in regards to backers). The Rancor got off to a good start, but has always lagged behind the other 2 projects the entire time. Now with the large number of cancellations there is real fear that it may not fund. I still think there will be enough to get it across the goal line in the end, but I can't be certain anymore.
Thanks canprime. Its interesting that so many people wait until the end. Hopefully it makes it for the people who want it and hopefully next time Hasbro spends a little more money to give Joe fans something special.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:38 AM   #129
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
Thanks canprime. Its interesting that so many people wait until the end. Hopefully it makes it for the people who want it and hopefully next time Hasbro spends a little more money to give Joe fans something special.

There is always those people who wait until the last minute. Whether it is FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out), or other factors such as having the funds to pay. It has been a pattern since the beginning.

Also Hasbro is partly to blame for this as well. They are too stringent on their payment model. Pulse takes a bunch of different payment formats, but with preorders they only take credit cards. As well they expect the payment in full up front. So the day the backing period ends is when you have to pay the full amount.

When you have smaller retailers and other kickstarters that allow pay on delivery, or payment plans, it makes it even more nonsensical that Hasbro doesn't have something similar for their projects.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #130
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,629 / 10,000 (+9)
Rancor: 4,763 / 9,000 (-62)
Proton Pack: 10,006 / 7,000 (+650) !!!!!!

So the Skystriker had one of, if not the worst, days of the project only adding 9 units. At least it was still a gain on the day.

The Rancor. Man it lost more backers than the day before by a wide margin. Unless there is some miraculous turn around soon I am calling it a day for this project.

The Proton Pack really came out swinging from the Fan First Monday. 650 more backers!!! I'm sure the 1,2 combo of the movie coming out and the Fan First helped bump those numbers. However I also think they might have had an international orders bump as well. Either way it is now over 10,000 and should easily make all the tiers. I can see this one even going over the 20,000 number, unlike the other 2 projects.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote