ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-30-2021, 06:47 PM   #151
dawingster
Cylon Centurion
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I know Robo from the Fwoosh has said that his Unicron is still in box and he was using it as a coffee table for a bit.
dawingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:21 PM   #152
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

Rancor keeper is now included is the base offering of the rancor, hope it will turn the tides
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:39 PM   #153
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Rancor keeper now included. The damage control is strong with Hasbro. You guys really can't tell me now that Hasbro isn't testing the limits of the fans and what they'll blindly throw money at. If this was a couple hundred short of being funded Malikili would have never happened. "Rancors failing? We better add Malikili to save it that we should have had as a tier since the beginning but wanted to see if we could sucker fans into backing the Rancor without him"
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:52 PM   #154
Robimus
Super Moderator

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:09 PM   #155
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

For both the SS and Rancor, unless online stores have placed huge orders, it looks like neither are going to happen in the next week (or 6 days).
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:20 PM   #156
kentf
Red Shirt

Someone on the Instagram announcement made a good point: this sets a pretty interesting precedent. Moving forward, why should people back Haslab projects right away? Why not wait until close to the deadline for Hasbro to sweeten the deal with more free stuff upon initial backing and then surge through the stretch goals in the last couple of days?
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:18 AM   #157
Napseeker
Dark Knight

This is kind of what happened with the first Haslab, I recall that the numbers were fairly slow and I think Hasbro tossed in the carded Yakface didn't they?

I actually did wait until the last minute to back because I wanted to see if Hasbro would toss in one more reward if they were feeling a bit desperate, but sadly other people drove up the numbers pretty fast and I knew that squelched any chance of Hasbro offering any more enticements.

It pays to wait and make Hasbro sweat it out a bit. And quite frankly even with the Rancor Keeper, this thing is still overpriced. You need both Oola and Giran tossed in there too.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #158
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,873 / 10,000 (+40)
Rancor: 4,913 / 9,000 (+160)
Proton Pack: 12,046 / 7,000 (+212)

So the Skystriker was up a bit on it's daily average. It really needs the FOMO now if it has any chance of backing.

The Proton Pack is still movin' and groovin' so no worries.

It looks like Malakili got people's interest. Although not as much as I had thought it would. Still a triple digit increase is a good sign, and I guess we will see a big jump in the final days. Still I am giving a bit of side eye to Hasbro after adding Malakili as a base funding bonus. What kind of profit was there in the Rancor if they can add a wholly new tooled figure to this without a tier unlock? Hhmmm.....
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #159
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Don't kid yourself Hasbro probably is making bank off the Rancor with a huge profit margin. If there wasn't. Hasbro wouldn't be trying to save this Haslab with Malikili as a base reward
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:18 PM   #160
wesperino
Mutant

I think this is partly due to horrible timing. Money is tight for most of us around this time of year. People are buying Xmas gifts and things. They could have held off till the new year to try these out and perhaps seen higher interest.

They will both probably go through. Last minute buyers galore.

I don’t think hasbro is overly concerned with haslab projects for profits. It’s more of a marketing and promotional stream for super fans. They get their profits from the toys that children buy. Not so much collectors. We are a drop in the bucket for them.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote