ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-01-2022, 04:58 PM   #1371
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Bless you, Edge Discount.
Geeeeeez. Even rocking an Onyx discount that price is still a giant middle finger to fans from Hasbro. Get three figures for the price of four. Thanks, Hasbro, but I can?t smash that NOPE button hard enough.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:29 PM   #1372
TheSwipe95
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Geeeeeez. Even rocking an Onyx discount that price is still a giant middle finger to fans from Hasbro. Get three figures for the price of four. Thanks, Hasbro, but I can?t smash that NOPE button hard enough.
There's also a bunch of blast effects included. Even still, too high a price.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:51 PM   #1373
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
There's also a bunch of blast effects included. Even still, too high a price.

No way, you guys are being too cheap.

I mean look at all you get, plus the surprise of a mystery box (will the figures have good paint apps? Will all the accessories be included? Who knows? It's a mystery........

All that for the low, low price of only $140 (approx.), or $46 each figure, after tax.

I mean you guys do understand that these are new paint decos right? NEW PAINT DECOS!!!! Plus the blast effects!!!!!

(Just ignore the mold reuse with no changes)

We should all be bowing down to Hasbro and thanking them for bestowing this wondrous gift upon us in today's market.

I mean what do you expect? That a multi-pack, of the same figure with, basically, only new paint decos would somehow be cheaper than buying 3 figures individually? C'mon, what do you think this is 2009?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:53 PM   #1374
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Hasbro clearly saw the TRU price increases and said, "Me too!"

I will be very interested to see what sort of profits they report in their next annual report.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:19 PM   #1375
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
No way, you guys are being too cheap.

I mean look at all you get, plus the surprise of a mystery box (will the figures have good paint apps? Will all the accessories be included? Who knows? It's a mystery........

All that for the low, low price of only $140 (approx.), or $46 each figure, after tax.

I mean you guys do understand that these are new paint decos right? NEW PAINT DECOS!!!! Plus the blast effects!!!!!

(Just ignore the mold reuse with no changes)

We should all be bowing down to Hasbro and thanking them for bestowing this wondrous gift upon us in today's market.

I mean what do you expect? That a multi-pack, of the same figure with, basically, only new paint decos would somehow be cheaper than buying 3 figures individually? C'mon, what do you think this is 2009?

It's called the Black Krrsantan effect, give less, ask for more, try little, want big.

Hasbro's new M.O. for 2022.

but really yeah the price for this box set is bonkers, just a big huge hit the hell no button for me.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:48 PM   #1376
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

still preordered, now where can I pre-order 10 Crimson Gaurds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (87.3 KB, 3 views)
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:13 AM   #1377
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Wink Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
It's called the Black Krrsantan effect, give less, ask for more, try little, want big.

Hasbro's new M.O. for 2022.

but really yeah the price for this box set is bonkers, just a big huge hit the hell no button for me.
The problem is all these mid 40s men army building. They know they can charge more as we will pay. Seriously set some limits people for yourselves. I only have 16 Cobra Infantry, 16 BATs and 10 Alley vipers. Also have lots of secondary market weapons including 50cals…what was my point again
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:16 AM   #1378
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
The problem is all these mid 40s men army building. They know they can charge more as we will pay. Seriously set some limits people for yourselves. I only have 16 Cobra Infantry, 16 BATs and 10 Alley vipers. Also have lots of secondary market weapons including 50cals?what was my point again
Hey! Some of us are still EARLY 40s!
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #1379
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
The problem is all these mid 40s men army building. They know they can charge more as we will pay. Seriously set some limits people for yourselves. I only have 16 Cobra Infantry, 16 BATs and 10 Alley vipers. Also have lots of secondary market weapons including 50cals?what was my point again

Oh man, I'm sorry. I didn't realize how tough it is for you and usernameprime. I forget not everyone can be as lucky as others. You guys having to settle for such small Cobra armies is tough. I'm sorry, I won't highlight your lack of army building anymore...

I'm actually interested to see what the end of the year will be like on the shelves. Emily stated in the Fan First that their plan is to wait until they get a set number of units before shipping. This is to try and prevent the empty shelves, and lack of desired product being available in sufficient quantities.

So if that is the case, will we see a glut of army builders at the end of the year, specifically BATs and AVs? I mean they will sell no matter what, but there are other army builders coming (CG, Viper 3-pack). As well by then scalpers will have moved on to the next hot thing, and army builders will probably have picked up quite a lot, and will also be looking to build the next wave. So I think we might see a similar situation to the Cobra Infantry where it becomes easier to get by the end of the year. Also it isn't going to be quite as easy anymore to say "oh well I might as well grab another" with the way prices have gone.

That and we should have about 1 MILLION Gung-Ho on the shelves for Christmas. Remember, it won't be Christmas 2022 unless every child gets a Gung-Ho in their stocking!!
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 10:47 PM   #1380
Robimus
Super Moderator

These are up for pre order on amazon.ca as of a minute ago.

For May, 2023, lol

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote