ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #4701
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Thank you for the tip off about the flash sale. Finally was able to grab a figure I've been eyeing for a a year and some change now. It's normally always on sale whenever TSM has a sale but I kept passing on it and I'm glad I did. $99 for that Threezero Ultraman figure is damn near theft. Especially when it retails for $140 USD before shipping.
Glad to be of help. It was a great sale and I picked up some stuff I never would have otherwise. Wouldn't have happened if Wheelwave hadn't tipped us about Arvala-7 Mando, so my thanks to him as well!
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 03:17 PM   #4702
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

I was able to order the muddy mando and clone grevious before they went out of stock at Toy Snowman. Anyone have any insight to why we've been able to get these exclusives recently? What are the chances of getting Arc Trooper Echo? Also, what goes on with TRU exclusives - been watching carbonized Paz Vizsla as coming soon for months now and then all of a sudden gone from site - did I miss it?
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 03:25 PM   #4703
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyguy99 View Post
I was able to order the muddy mando and clone grevious before they went out of stock at Toy Snowman. Anyone have any insight to why we've been able to get these exclusives recently? What are the chances of getting Arc Trooper Echo? Also, what goes on with TRU exclusives - been watching carbonized Paz Vizsla as coming soon for months now and then all of a sudden gone from site - did I miss it?
We Normally get most exclusives if not all of them. So I'm unsure what you mean by "why we've been able to these exclusives". Arc Trooper echo as in the exclusive from last year? If so, he hit TRU stores last fall. TRU's website is terrible and doesn't work right. Paz will probably restock again online at some if it doesn't end up store shelves before that.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:57 PM   #4704
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyguy99 View Post
Quote:
We Normally get most exclusives if not all of them. So I'm unsure what you mean by "why we've been able to these exclusives". Arc Trooper echo as in the exclusive from last year? If so, he hit TRU stores last fall. TRU's website is terrible and doesn't work right. Paz will probably restock again online at some if it doesn't end up store shelves before that.
All I know is I'm relying more on Toysnowman and CMDStore for those store exclusives. Places like Walmart, Toysrus and Amazon can't be relied on anymore.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #4705
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
All I know is I'm relying more on Toysnowman and CMDStore for those store exclusives. Places like Walmart, Toysrus and Amazon can't be relied on anymore.
Fair enough on Walmart and Amazon they are a crap shoot but I'm still not really understanding the beef with TRU. TRU is actually pretty good with their exclusives and always has decent stock. If you cant find an exclusive with them it's either cause it hasn't hit their retail stores yet like Paz or the character is in high demand and wasn't given enough figures to a case like Echo, who was 1 to a case I think and that's Hasbro's fault not TRU's.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-03-2022 at 07:18 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:51 PM   #4706
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Fair enough on Walmart and Amazon they are a crap shoot but I'm still not really understanding the beef with TRU. TRU is actually pretty good with their exclusives and always has decent stock. If you cant find an exclusive with them it's either cause it hasn't hit their retail stores yet like Paz or the character is in high demand and wasn't given enough figures to a case like Echo, who was 1 to a case I think and that's Hasbro's fault not TRU's.
I got nothing bad about Toysrus. Only that I worry about their business. That they may end up like the US Toysrus, gone.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 08:18 PM   #4707
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
I got nothing bad about Toysrus. Only that I worry about their business. That they may end up like the US Toysrus, gone.
US TRU is rebooted and alive.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 12:57 AM   #4708
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
US TRU is rebooted and alive.
Not "alive" really. More like a Zombie.

The website used to just be redirects to Amazon, and now it's nothing more than a branded toy section for Macy's.

Same with their physical locations. All just the toy section at Macy's with the TRU name slapped on top.

It's nothing but a branding play, at this point.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 06:11 AM   #4709
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Not "alive" really. More like a Zombie.

The website used to just be redirects to Amazon, and now it's nothing more than a branded toy section for Macy's.

Same with their physical locations. All just the toy section at Macy's with the TRU name slapped on top.

It's nothing but a branding play, at this point.

Actually they opened a brand new store in a mall in New Jersey. So they are making the slow push towards expansion. However I don't see them being anything like their old selves but rather, at best, a FAO Schwartz type of chain.

Will it work? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it being too successful as the toy industry is in decline thanks to screens.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:54 PM   #4710
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Hey anybody interested in doing a trade?

I'm looking for Crosshair (clone force 99 outfit) , willing to trade a Archive 501st Clone Trooper
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote