ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-13-2022, 05:50 PM   #1
4lott
Master of the Universe
Are Winners and Marshall?s part of your toy runs?

Lately I’ve been including winners and Marshall?s on my regular toy runs. Having found ML at $9.99 and the MODOK at $39.99 I feel compelled to check regularly for deals. With prices skyrocketing finding a good deal on recent product is extra sweet.
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:20 PM   #2
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Are Winners and Marshall?s part of your toy runs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Lately I?ve been including winners and Marshall?s on my regular toy runs. Having found ML at $9.99 and the MODOK at $39.99 I feel compelled to check regularly for deals. With prices skyrocketing finding a good deal on recent product is extra sweet.

I usually forget to check there unless someone posts a finding. Then I'll check them out. Unless it is around Christmas time, then I usually check on a regular basis. I have lucked out there over the years, but it is so hit and miss that I don't want to waste the gas anymore.

However my hunts have shrunk quite a lot this year. Now I do most of my hunting online, and only really check out stores if I am going there for some other reason (Walmart), or they are close to somewhere I am going (Gamestop, Winners, etc.)

TRU is the only store that has really suffered. I have been there a total of 3 times this year, and only spent money twice. One time it was 2 ML figs for $10 & $12 each. The second time was to pick up a gift. They have basically lost my business due to their pricing. I'll still pick up something exclusive if I have to, but otherwise it will have to be a big discount to make me go in and buy anymore.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I would love to add Winners and Marshalls to my toyruns but the Winners that is nearest to me only stocks toys at XMas time (and even then, it's kiddie stuff that I don't care about). They used to stock toys like other Winners, but I get the impression they didn't sell well and the store manager probably told HQ to stop shipping his store any toys and focus on ladies apparel instead.

The only Marshalls that I go into is the one across the Eaton Centre and that one also has zero toys to offer.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:25 PM   #4
Robimus
Super Moderator

Yes, but my toy runs are not that frequent these days.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:26 AM   #5
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Only when someone posts about stuff being in stock there.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:56 AM   #6
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I'll pop in if I'm in there area or am shopping there for something else - i.e. gluten-free pretzels lol
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 12:34 PM   #7
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

No. I never even bothered looking in there until the other day, but found nothing except some Marvel legends Katy's for $15. I don't think I'd add it to my toy runs though. But yet again, I barely even do them anymore if at all these days. With high gas prices and the fact I almost Never find anything new it's not really worth it anymore to bother.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #8
4lott
Master of the Universe

I guess I should say I’ve replaced some stores with Winners and Marshall’s because at least there might be a slight chance of finding something fun. I call my closest TRU every week on truck day and there hasn’t been anything interesting so I don’t bother going in. Walmart’s are so hit and miss that I wait to hear what you guys find before going there to see for myself.
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:36 PM   #9
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

My local stores in Barrie, Ontario never seem to get any of good stuff that people report finding there, so I never bother looking unless we are headed there for something else. The only time I was ever ecstatic about a Winners purchase here was finding one of the Masterpiece Optimus Prime redecos for $80 around six years back.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:28 PM   #10
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention HomeSense: I found the Black Series Remnant Stormtroopers for $14.99 back in November/December of last year
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote