ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-14-2022, 03:57 PM   #5141
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

The past Spideys were the biggest secret in cinema history. No way was Marvel risking a leak so that Hasbro could get toys out early.

And, yeah, Hasbro won't have any trouble selling more Spidey figures. Even after the inevitable complaints that it'll be a super expensive 3-pack, with a barely repainted Integrated Suit Spidey right in the middle.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:24 PM   #5142
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
The past Spideys were the biggest secret in cinema history. No way was Marvel risking a leak so that Hasbro could get toys out early.

And, yeah, Hasbro won't have any trouble selling more Spidey figures. Even after the inevitable complaints that it'll be a super expensive 3-pack, with a barely repainted Integrated Suit Spidey right in the middle.

That has probably been the biggest problem for toy companies in the past decade. (At least in regards to Movie/streaming media) Movie makers have become so secretive that even their merchandise partners can't get access to files early enough to make product. Otherwise they end up having to go off early designs that may be changed before release. Then the toy companies are stuck with what they made, which isn't accurate, or wait and release at a much later date.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:42 PM   #5143
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
That has probably been the biggest problem for toy companies in the past decade. (At least in regards to Movie/streaming media) Movie makers have become so secretive that even their merchandise partners can't get access to files early enough to make product. Otherwise they end up having to go off early designs that may be changed before release. Then the toy companies are stuck with what they made, which isn't accurate, or wait and release at a much later date.
Personally, I'd prefer they wait to get the figures right, like Bandai and Mafex, and also to avoid spoilers. I don't even watch trailers anymore, because they give so much away.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:29 PM   #5144
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
They're secretive cause if they reveal too much, hype is gone and they need hype to fill Seats these days.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:47 PM   #5145
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
They're secretive cause if they reveal too much, hype is gone and they need hype to fill Seats these days.
This is basically the same argument as others have had about the figures. There were plenty of leaks about the old actors returning and the movie still made a shitzillion dollars, adding toys to the mix wouldn't have taken away any hype.
Also, if not for the new movie, why not have started work on some figures of Tobey and Andrew for the Spider-Man 60th anniversary they hyped up and then showed less than nothing for?
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:54 PM   #5146
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
This is basically the same argument as others have had about the figures. There were plenty of leaks about the old actors returning and the movie still made a shitzillion dollars, adding toys to the mix wouldn't have taken away any hype.
Also, if not for the new movie, why not have started work on some figures of Tobey and Andrew for the Spider-Man 60th anniversary they hyped up and then showed less than nothing for?
I think they should have released them sooner.. I wasn't arguing that. I simply just said why they are being secretive. I don't agree with it. I don't like the trend now where film makers rely on hype to sell tickets. If the movie is good, people will see it regardless.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:03 AM   #5147
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I think they should have released them sooner.. I wasn't arguing that. I simply just said why they are being secretive. I don't agree with it. I don't like the trend now where film makers rely on hype to sell tickets. If the movie is good, people will see it regardless.
I mean they've been doing this since the original Star Wars, so the trend isn't really new....
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:13 AM   #5148
wesperino
Mutant

Well with them already showing off what the next Spider-Man mcu movie is about, the hype train continues.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #5149
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I mean they've been doing this since the original Star Wars, so the trend isn't really new....
You have a point but it wasn't the same as it is now. The entire MCU is built on hype, big reveals and tie ins. It's all about setting up for that big team up movie which will make them billions. No Way Home and Infinity War/ End Game are the best examples of what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-15-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:53 PM   #5150
4lott
Master of the Universe

Any chance we’ll get the Walmart Dr. Strange up here?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote