ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-26-2022, 01:24 PM   #1411
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Thanks for the heads up.

Grabbed some Crimson Guards over a BBTS until GS gets them here. Also snagged Python Officer and Bazooka over at Target keeps going in and out of stock.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #1412
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

My pleasure! Ordering was pretty easy today for pulse members. Looks like CGs are already sold out on Pulse.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:33 PM   #1413
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Well I have to say I was feeling both disappointment and excitement throughout the stream.

Disappointed:

The Retro carded figures. I like the Sunbow-esque Zartan but not happy about the "exclusive" nature of trying to get him. Thankfully not a need, but a want. Storm Shadow? Really? We haven't even had the regular version released properly yet and you put this out there?

SE/Timber. While I like the alternate look lining up with the Renegades look, I just don't like the idea of another SE with only minor tweaks and a Timber that really comes from the ARAH toy instead of Renegades (though he didn't have Timber in Renegades right?). This sort of mix and match style in one 2 pack is weird, and expensive.

On The Fence:

Blue Ninja 2-pack - While I like the troop building, masks, and male/female distribution, I am kind of "meh" about this pack. I don't particularly care for either mold (red ninja, akiko). Though the blue is a nice colour, and something different. I'll probably get it, but not a must have right away.

The good:

PP/TF - While I am bothered by the lack of availability here in Canada (so far), I really do like these bad boys. They are great updates/homages to the original ARAH figures. While the Duke does nothing for me because of the mold, THAT RAM!!!! Man the TF paint scheme for vehicles is just killer, and the RAM is no exception. This is the one TF/PP item that I will definitely have to preorder.

Dusty/Zarana/CG - Man Hasbro is really hitting it out of the park with these three. Dusty is great, Zarana is great, and the CG is OUTSTANDING!!!! Can't wait to get my greedy little mitts on these.

And of course the best for last.......SGT. SLAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Man getting the man himself to introduce his figure was great, and so much fun to see, and hear, the man again. He still has it. The figure looks great, and it will be mine!!!! I guess this is what comes of owning your character rights and being smart about how you sign off on products. Three different companies get his character across 3 years?? Great work Sarge.

Also one more thing...

Hasbro, please, please, please, please release an art book for all the Classified packaging/art. It has got to be the best in the industry right now. Sorry MOTU:O you are a close second, but I wouldn't mind a book of your art as well.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:02 PM   #1414
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Tiger Force should *theoretically* be coming to Toys R Us, right?
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:11 PM   #1415
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

In theory, yes. The previous RAM did show up there. Haven't seen/heard of any TF/PP figures going up for sale there so far.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:13 PM   #1416
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Tiger Force should *theoretically* be coming to Toys R Us, right?
We would hope...however if the past is any indication...1 box per store ?! I just went with Target couldn't risk it...
Old 04-26-2022, 03:17 PM   #1417
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Was there any details on where Sgt. Slaughter can be preordered ? I'm guessing it'll be later down the road... is it exclusive ?
Old 04-26-2022, 03:21 PM   #1418
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
We would hope...however if the past is any indication...1 box per store ?! I just went with Target couldn't risk it...
Did they say it's one per store? I've had a few around my area that got multiple boxes multiple times for a few weeks last year (had seen 2-3 Major Bludds, Beachheads, etc on the shelves at the same time)
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #1419
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
Did they say it's one per store? I've had a few around my area that got multiple boxes multiple times for a few weeks last year (had seen 2-3 Major Bludds, Beachheads, etc on the shelves at the same time)
It was more me just being sarcastic on how distribution has been for GI Joe so far in my area
Old 04-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #1420
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Guess the Dusty, Zarana and Crimson didn't show up yet on Gamestop? I can't seem to see them. I saw Hasbro Pulse had the pre-orders for Tiger/Python exclusives, but seemed they sold out fast except racondo, but for like almost 60 bucks for 1 figure with Exchange and shipping, super not worth it, I'm still displeased with Canada not having our own Pulse, it's not a treat to pay exchange and 20 bucks shipping, it's wack. I don't know if I am even thrilled with the Bazooka, Racondo or Lime Viper, so I may just pass all together.

either way some cool reveals here, slaughter of course, the blue ninja 2 pack, and a bunch of meh stuff..yet another Zartan, pass, another Duke pass, another Snake Eyes pass, if they'd just sell me Timber on his own I'd buy that, another Storm Shadow..we don't even have the first one out yet.

Anyways more to pre-order, but nothing new on the shelves, I feel like the Joe line is looking more like a Super7 line, pre-ordering a year in advance.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote