ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 04-27-2022, 06:14 AM   #471
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
That's how I feel about Battlecat. That thing's been rotting for years (pre pandemic) and not only is it not clearanced, the price increased by $5.

It is strange how the line has been handled by retailers. The Sky Sled has rarely gone on sale, excluding recent Walmart.ca pricing. Battle Cat has been $19 at a lot of places, and I have seen it at $15 (and $5 thank you Gamestop). However now it seems to be back up to full price at most places.

It almost seems like they are just sitting on the product to have it on shelves. I guess I think of it like the bad old days (and possibly future) of TRU when you could find product still on shelves, at full price, that was 5+ years old.

Anyway, I am just seemingly salty about the Sky Sled not getting to a lower price that I like.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:56 AM   #472
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah I have seen the Sky Sled online at $26, but I am still not interested. I will wait for it to drop below $20.

As an aside, that is another thing that kind of bothers me with Walmart. They love to put things on "clearance" but their idea of clearance has more, and more, become a bit laughable to me. In my mind clearance means you want to get the product out of your store and Walmart, in an increasing number of cases I have seen, seems to think clearance is 10-20% odd.

Anyway, like I said just my personal opinion.
I miss target clearance. They knew how to get rid of stuff fast lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:23 AM   #473
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

My local Walmart must be a mutant abberation, because it's had Sky Sleds for $19 for months. It's been slowly trickling down, and if it dropped any lower I'd probably pick up more, but I already have a couple.

I'd offer to help out, but the cost of shipping would kill any savings.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:34 AM   #474
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
My local Walmart must be a mutant abberation, because it's had Sky Sleds for $19 for months. It's been slowly trickling down, and if it dropped any lower I'd probably pick up more, but I already have a couple.

I'd offer to help out, but the cost of shipping would kill any savings.
Ah yes the joy of store specific clearance prices.

Someone posted about seeing the Battlefield Warriors 2 pack (chromed He-Man/Battle Cat) at their local Walmart. I think it was in BC, and they were on sale for some crazy price like $30. Yet here in Ottawa I only ever saw it once, at full price, and never saw it again.

So I can believe it when you say you have had them for $19 for awhile because it just sticks it to me.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #475
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

I hear that! I had to have a helpful soul in the States get me a Rise of Evil and Battlefield Warriors set when they went on clearance at Target. Shipping ate most of the savings, but at least they were "available". I have to say that the vac-metal chrome is worth every penny. Hope you can get your hands on one soon, and that this isn't salt in the wound.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:14 PM   #476
DarthMoose
Super Friend

Wave 8 of Origins (Anti Eternia He-Man, Clawful, Sun-Man, Horde Trooper) are out in Canada. Picked mine up in Ottawa. $14.97 still.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220428_192123.jpg (107.9 KB, 37 views)
DarthMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:18 PM   #477
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
Wave 8 of Origins (Anti Eternia He-Man, Clawful, Sun-Man, Horde Trooper) are out in Canada. Picked mine up in Ottawa. $14.97 still.
Ugh lucky, I still never found these guys , and my pre-order ended up shipping from the states, wish I had found these guys for 14.97, but I didn't want to risk never finding them, oh well.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:01 PM   #478
soundwaves
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
grabbed some from Port Coquitlam (Vancouver area) wally this morning.
soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:07 PM   #479
Murf Dawg
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Ugh lucky, I still never found these guys , and my pre-order ended up shipping from the states, wish I had found these guys for 14.97, but I didn't want to risk never finding them, oh well.
Walmart at Billings had them again today. Took the horde figure I missed out on.
Murf Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:21 AM   #480
Latefox
Red Shirt

Okay, does anyone know what’s actually happening here with distribution?
Barely any waves are hitting us. Then when you look to the states, they are already having fun with Barbarian Skeletor from the Masterverse line.
Did our stores here just stop carrying motu? Lol everything seems to be on clearance. Clamp Champ and Ram Man still line the shelves. Any thoughts on what’s happening?
Latefox is offline   Reply With Quote