ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-20-2022, 10:56 PM   #5381
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Marvel Select Red Hulk. It’s a lot of plastic for the price.

https://toysnowman.com/products/marv...-hulk-preorder
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:01 PM   #5382
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Marvel Select Red Hulk. It?s a lot of plastic for the price.

https://toysnowman.com/products/marv...-hulk-preorder
It's amazing to see that DST can still sell us massive chunks of plastic for a reasonable price, if this was Hasbro this would be 70 bucks maybe more, crazy what greed does.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:53 PM   #5383
F0RMULA
Red Shirt

Marvel 80th Anniversary Thor for $25 with Platinum
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...-action-figure

I got mine a couple of weeks back so I guess they have some more back in stock
F0RMULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:27 PM   #5384
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Picked up Ulik today from GS. I was nearly going to return it, but after watching a review and seeing all the improvements over the Comic-Con release, definitely going to keep it. The lower jaw fangs are a bit strange; I don't remember him having those. Maybe the sculptor was a fan of Warcraft Orcs? Lol.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:26 PM   #5385
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

TRU exclusive Stealth Captain Carter on sale, in case you wanted one and didn't wanna pay over 40 bucks Ha

on sale for the price it should be 29.99 normally.
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Marvel-Leg.../E49BCA21.html
Old 05-24-2022, 03:42 PM   #5386
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
It's amazing to see that DST can still sell us massive chunks of plastic for a reasonable price, if this was Hasbro this would be 70 bucks maybe more, crazy what greed does.
I think its because Hasbrk took a bigger hit than DST.
For example Enternals ans Shang Chi toys didnt sell.
But DST skipped those movies because of the oandemic.
They didnt even do much for No Way Home despite how much they love Spiderman.

One key point I think ks because DST is specialty stores and etailers. Their business model is less affected. And they only release a number of products.

Where Hasbro has to hit street dates and have wide variety of tots for their IPs
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #5387
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Hasbro has had to deal with some stinker Movies/merchandise that Disney has put upon them. Also Hasbro has been very good at abusing their own stuff and making their own stinkers. Producing so many Snake Eyes movie figures for example. I am not very sympathetic. Hasbro is just jacking up prices for figures right now to what they think the market will bear. They will push until they stop selling and then do a random thing like cut the whole line.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #5388
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I think its because Hasbrk took a bigger hit than DST.
For example Enternals ans Shang Chi toys didnt sell.
But DST skipped those movies because of the oandemic.
They didnt even do much for No Way Home despite how much they love Spiderman.

One key point I think ks because DST is specialty stores and etailers. Their business model is less affected. And they only release a number of products.

Where Hasbro has to hit street dates and have wide variety of tots for their IPs
See I get that yes, but I also think that if all is true with the hits that Hasbro got, and the fact even Todd was talking about his toys taking a hit, and the supply chain problems, pandemic woes, oil/gas prices, a war etc, everybody should have taken a hit, everything is inflating in price, so shouldn't DST been just as hurt by the recent ongoings? why does it seem like it's just Hasbro with the massive price hikes, I don't know if I think I will be forgiving to them, just because what Shang Chi and Eternals didn't sell well, neither did Captain Marvel or tons of 10th anniversary or 80th Anniversary stuff, but yet now only Hasbro is blazing the prices up.

it's all whatever, but in reality I'd say a smaller company like Diamond with less profit and less shelf space would be hit harder then Hasbro, Diamond should have raised their prices, so should have Mcfarlane or Mattel, yet I can go to Walmart today and buy a Multiverse figure for 24 bucks and a MOTU Origins for 14.99, yet Hasbro is charging 47.99 for a Toad figure... it's greedy, and they are testing the limits of the collectors, while everybody else seems to still be sitting fair. even with say Joe products & Rangers (which Hasbro owns the licenses) , they don't need to pay to use the IPs, so why are they charging 45 bucks a Joe? or pretending a Green Ranger Shredder is a deluxe?

eh whatever in the end, I'm sure Hasbro is already seeing how many people are walking away from their Legends line because of the prices.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:43 PM   #5389
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Question: is Diamond a publicly traded company? If it's a private company, then they don't have this crazy obligation to shareholders to constantly demonstrate that they are growing their profits quarter after quarter.

They won't have executives like at Hasbro, which are greedily trying to maximize their own personal incomes by increasing share value so that their stock options will be worth millions once they can exercise them.

AFAIK, McFarlane is a private company and has none of these shareholder or stock option "pressures" so he can keep his toy prices fair and competitive. The same would apply to Diamond if they are also private, I suspect that they are, though I can't confirm it.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:57 PM   #5390
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
TRU exclusive Stealth Captain Carter on sale, in case you wanted one and didn't wanna pay over 40 bucks Ha

on sale for the price it should be 29.99 normally.
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Marvel-Leg.../E49BCA21.html
Fits in very nicely with comic Cap, especially if you have the 80th anniversary body. I've been using that and Cap as a duo together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Hasbro has had to deal with some stinker Movies/merchandise that Disney has put upon them. Also Hasbro has been very good at abusing their own stuff and making their own stinkers. Producing so many Snake Eyes movie figures for example. I am not very sympathetic. Hasbro is just jacking up prices for figures right now to what they think the market will bear. They will push until they stop selling and then do a random thing like cut the whole line.
I think Shang-Chi is more bad luck than the Eternals. I say this because Shang-Chi released at a time that no one was really ever going to movie theatres, which is why you saw streaming releases. Shang-Chi had a fair amount of hype considering it was the first Asian protagonist in a Marvel movie.

Eternals released shortly after but no one was hyped for the movie, so that was a huge error on Disney's part. I even struggle to find out why Eternals was a thing considering how small they were in the comics compared to the recognizables (although tht speaks to how random Phase 4 has been relative to the previous phases).
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote