ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-25-2022, 10:25 AM   #251
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

I think Hasbro has too much pride to go back to the Rancor, cause them going back to it and succeeding would mean they messed up the first time and that it wasn't the fans fault.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 01:37 PM   #252
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I think Hasbro has too much pride to go back to the Rancor, cause them going back to it and succeeding would mean they messed up the first time and that it wasn't the fans fault.

I think like a lot of corporations, they don't have any pride when it comes to making money. I think of someone like Vince McMahon (WWE) who has had bad blood with many people (wrestlers) over the years. Each time you hear things like, "they'll never be in WWE again" and lo and behold, almost all of them show up again down the line. Why? Money talks, BS walks. The only one I have never seen return was Macho Man. Even Bret Hart returned after the Montreal screw job. Why? Money. Vince thought he could make money, and obviously so did Bret Hart.

So Hasbro is probably the same. I'm sure some people don't want to go back to the Rancor, and granted I don't see them doing it right after it failed, but if they thought offering it a second time would make money, they would do it.

As for the reveal, it is apparently the Inquisitor (Reva) lightsaber. Also it is $500US. There is nothing official yet on this so no idea about any of the tiers, extra, etc. However I can safely say that I am not going to be going in on this Haslab. It looks great, but I just don't care enough, especially at this price.

Hopefully it does spin though.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:18 AM   #253
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Forgot that they are doing another Haslab. This time is is Reva's Inquisitor Lightsaber. So I guess I'll keep track of it here.

Anyway if you are unaware, here is the link:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...ite-lightsaber

So as of right now it is sitting at:

907/5000 backers needed with about 39.5 days to go.

I don't know how this will do, but with the low backer count needed to fund it shouldn't be a problem.

Personally I would go in on this if it could spin, and had some kind of tier unlocks. However as it stands I am not interested enough to spend over $754CDN for this item.

The price I get is $500US, plus $30US shipping, plus tax $68US for a grand total of $598US, or $754CDN OUCH!!
Old 06-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #254
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

The pricing is nutty. How is this $100 more than a Proton Pack? Add in the Spengler wand and the whole Pack is only $25 more than a lightsaber. The Star Wars tax is at work here.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #255
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
The pricing is nutty. How is this $100 more than a Proton Pack? Add in the Spengler wand and the whole Pack is only $25 more than a lightsaber. The Star Wars tax is at work here.

Don't forget the pandemic, inflation, material costs, shipping costs, labour costs, cost of yachts, cost of dividends to shareholders, cost of breathing, and of course........reasons....

When you put it that way about a comparison to the Proton Pack from just 6 months ago, it really is crazy.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #256
lifedragon99
Decepticon

I didn't realize that was a Haslab, I saw the announcement on Instagram and just assumed it was another regular release, like rey's, Asohka's, or The Dark Blade.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:27 AM   #257
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Don't forget the pandemic, inflation, material costs, shipping costs, labour costs, cost of yachts, cost of dividends to shareholders, cost of breathing, and of course........reasons....

When you put it that way about a comparison to the Proton Pack from just 6 months ago, it really is crazy.
Maybe they're trying to recoup some of their costs from developing the 6" Rancor failure.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:25 PM   #258
cloud
Master of the Universe

Maybe there is a Star Wars tax.
Not sure how the licensing fees work.

Not a Star Wars fan but these are expensive.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:16 PM   #259
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Isn’t it basically two fx light sabers? I thought those cost like $400 each? I don’t collect those (my kids would destroy them) so I don’t know.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #260
Napseeker
Dark Knight

That's my assumption as well. Canadian retailers sell a single Force FX lightsaber for $400 these days (a crazy, crazy high price) so if Reva's double-sided saber has two blades, you'd expect it to be over $750 at the least.

My issue with this thing is that HasLabs should be geared towards items that fans actually have been asking for but that wouldn't be commercially viable at retail e.g. an X-Wing scaled to fit 6-inch figures.

No one was asking for Reva's saber because the show hadn't debuted (and even now, I'm not so sure fans would be asking for it anyway).
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote