ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 04-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo - April 27th - 29th, 2012

The annual Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo kicks off this Friday at the BMO Centre.

Specials Guests include Stan Lee, the principal cast of Star Trek The Next Generation, Robert Englund, plus tons more! 3-Day Passes are $50 and 1-Day Passes are $25 at the door. Purchase your tickets in advance to save.

The event's schedule is:
Friday: 3pm - 8pm
Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm

Visit CCEE's website for more details on the event!
http://www.calgaryexpo.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCEE.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	5551  
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo - April 27th - 29th, 2012

Get there early! This event is going to be packed!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

Starts tomorrow folks! Say hi to Jean Luc for me

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Wow, I must say I did not expect the lines to be as long as they were. Line-up to get in for advance ticket holders stretched all the way to the other side of the building to where the ticket purchasing was. I think it took us about 30 min to get in, though we did arrive 15 min after it opened. Haha, plan is to arrive 30 min early tomorrow, no doubt it'll be much busier for the weekend.

The photo op line for Stan Lee was pretty crazy too, there was maybe about 300 people or so. We arrived about 35 min early and were at the end of the gate to get in, haha, line up stretch beyond that before they did a cut off. Surprisingly Stan Lee was standing for the photos, that was super cool of him.

And man, autograph charges are pretty high. Stan Lee is $50 (same price as a photo op!), Patrick Stewart is $75. I was gonna get my copy of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow signed by PS, but $75 is just too much. I might jump at the Stan Lee one though, if we're allowed to have more than one thing signed (I wanna at least get our photo signed).
Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
Wow, I must say I did not expect the lines to be as long as they were. Line-up to get in for advance ticket holders stretched all the way to the other side of the building to where the ticket purchasing was. I think it took us about 30 min to get in, though we did arrive 15 min after it opened. Haha, plan is to arrive 30 min early tomorrow, no doubt it'll be much busier for the weekend.

The photo op line for Stan Lee was pretty crazy too, there was maybe about 300 people or so. We arrived about 35 min early and were at the end of the gate to get in, haha, line up stretch beyond that before they did a cut off. Surprisingly Stan Lee was standing for the photos, that was super cool of him.

And man, autograph charges are pretty high. Stan Lee is $50 (same price as a photo op!), Patrick Stewart is $75. I was gonna get my copy of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow signed by PS, but $75 is just too much. I might jump at the Stan Lee one though, if we're allowed to have more than one thing signed (I wanna at least get our photo signed).
Did you manage to get a photo or an autograph from Stan Lee?
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
Hantei
Master of the Universe

I did, both photo and autograph. Unfortunately, they only allowed one item to get signed, so I had our photo with Stan signed. The way they had it set up, it was like an assembly line. I gave my item to the helper on Stan's right, he slides it over to Stan, Stan signs it, then a helper on Stan's left slides it away and gives it back to me. I think it was like a 10 sec window of one-on-one time with Stan, so I couldn't get it personalized. Haha, at least he looked up and gave me smile after signing my photo, enough time for me to thank him. Seemed like everyone brought in a book, graphic novel, poster, or comic to have him sign. I may have been the only person who brought something so... personal, haha.

Saturday was awful, the Fire Marshall shut down entry into the place at around 1pm. After which there was a controlled entry into the event, about 100 people at time. Ticket sales to get in were cut off at about 12.30pm (it opened at 10am). Probably for the best, cause it was pretty crowded in there.

Sunday was a little better, they actually had the Stampede ground staff controlling the line-up to get in. I think people must have started lining up 2 hours before, cause when we arrived about 30min before opening there was already a line that snaked around the grounds. I heard ticket sales were cut off, about 30 min - 1 hour after opening.

Of interest I found some videos people uploaded of the Spotlight panels they had on Saturday and Sunday. I think I even saw the TNG Exposed one, the 25th anniversary reunion event for the TNG cast. That one you actually had to purchase a separate ticket for.

Here's the Stan Lee one:
2012 Calgary Expo Stan Lee Panel Part 1 Of 3
2012 Calgary Expo Stan Lee Panel Part 2 Of 3
2012 Calgary Expo Stan Lee Panel Part 3 Of 3
Old 05-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
I did, both photo and autograph. Unfortunately, they only allowed one item to get signed, so I had our photo with Stan signed. The way they had it set up, it was like an assembly line. I gave my item to the helper on Stan's right, he slides it over to Stan, Stan signs it, then a helper on Stan's left slides it away and gives it back to me. I think it was like a 10 sec window of one-on-one time with Stan, so I couldn't get it personalized. Haha, at least he looked up and gave me smile after signing my photo, enough time for me to thank him. Seemed like everyone brought in a book, graphic novel, poster, or comic to have him sign. I may have been the only person who brought something so... personal, haha.
You met Stan Lee! That's so awesome!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 05-12-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calgary, calgary expo, comic, convention, entertainment