ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #2671
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicpac View Post
Damm scalpers, I cant find Star Wars Black Series Mandalorian Super Commando anywhere near me. I hate exclusive merch.
I agree and as far as I’m aware, Hasbro will not be putting these out anywhere else. But they will probably do a major restock near Christmas.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #2672
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Well my Mando SC pre order was cancelled today. Between Amazon and Walmart I’m getting real tired of this crap.
Me and you both. I still don't understand why it's so hard to collect domestic figures, especially exclusives. As someone who used to only collect imports I find it crazy how much easier it is to get my hands on imports and web exclusives in Japan than it is to buy something that's sold at Walmart...
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:52 PM   #2673
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Me and you both. I still don't understand why it's so hard to collect domestic figures, especially exclusives. As someone who used to only collect imports I find it crazy how much easier it is to get my hands on imports and web exclusives in Japan than it is to buy something that's sold at Walmart...
It’s beyond ridiculous. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode about the reservation. They know how to take the pre-order. They are really good at taking the pre-order, they just can’t fulfill the preorder, which is the most important part.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:59 PM   #2674
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
It’s beyond ridiculous. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode about the reservation. They know how to take the pre-order. They are really good at taking the pre-order, they just can’t fulfill the preorder, which is the most important part.
So true.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:56 PM   #2675
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

As I just posted in the Marvel thread, I was on phone with WM CS regarding my lost preorders.

For Ahsoka wave... not good news as items with dates gone by seem to be OOS. My Ahsoka MIGHT ship in November. My Loyalist may also ship. No clue. My 332 trooper is gone. Ahsoka on order page says Expected Arrival Date Nov 5.

Phone is: 1-800-328-0402 and it may be better calling later like I just called before they closed at 11 EST.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #2676
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Checked Stocktrack and one store shows three 332nd Clone Troopers and -3 Mandalorian Super Commandos at a Walmart far from me.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:41 PM   #2677
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Toys'rus had Padawan Ani up on their website but he's sold out now. Does anyone have ANYYYYY idea why it's so damn hard to get Black series in Canada now? I NEVER see any new waves of Black series anymore unless they are Anniversary and Archive figures. All I've seen is one Storm Trooper, An Admiral Akbar, and a Snow Speeder Luke from the new wave. Which is just sad. I really feel like this has something to do with retailers overstocking the sequel trilogy figures just to have them not sell well and peg warm. So a lot of these stores are hesitant to even bother getting new waves on the shelf unless they will sell like Original Trilogy figures. Prior to and leading up to Force Awakens I could actually find Black series figures and stores would get new waves.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-21-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #2678
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Toys'rus had Padawan Ani up on their website but he's sold out now. Does anyone have ANYYYYY idea why it's so damn hard to get Black series in Canada now? I NEVER see any new waves of Black series anymore unless they are Anniversary and Archive figures. All I've seen is one Storm Trooper, An Admiral Akbar, and a Snow Speeder Luke from the new wave. Which is just sad. I really feel like this has something to do with retailers overstocking the sequel trilogy figures just to have them not sell well and peg warm. So a lot of these stores are hesitant to even bother getting new waves on the shelf unless they will sell like Original Trilogy figures. Prior to and leading up to Force Awakens I could actually find Black series figures and stores would get new waves.
That’s a big part of it. All these stores have buyers and the toy buyers will make deals with Hasbro for product. But, they’ll base their purchasing on sales of previous product and how many inventory turns they go through. I’ve personally seen three cases of the new wave (with the Mandalorian) pass through my Walmart. Other underperforming stores will receive less however. There’s also a fever pitch among toy buyers of slower restocking, more opportunistic selling on the third party market and general disinterest. Add to that the financial crunch a lot of families find themselves in and it’s difficult to justify buying a $30 toy for your kid.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:12 PM   #2679
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

After receiving both Cad Bane and The Armorer, I can say she’s a better buy for the money. I like TODO-360, but her armorer tools are so cool display wise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8B7A53C2-7ADA-4A32-9E26-189A69A7F14E.jpg (19.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #2680
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
That’s a big part of it. All these stores have buyers and the toy buyers will make deals with Hasbro for product. But, they’ll base their purchasing on sales of previous product and how many inventory turns they go through. I’ve personally seen three cases of the new wave (with the Mandalorian) pass through my Walmart. Other underperforming stores will receive less however. There’s also a fever pitch among toy buyers of slower restocking, more opportunistic selling on the third party market and general disinterest. Add to that the financial crunch a lot of families find themselves in and it’s difficult to justify buying a $30 toy for your kid.
I'm just tired of Canadian retail now days. Low availability, unreliable, nothing goes on clearance. Stores would rather sit on 20 peg warming Yavin Ceremony Lukes instead of just putting them on clearance dirt cheap to make room for new stuff. Even Canadian online stores are just as unreliable and shipping costs way too much (I know it's Canada posts fault not theirs) but it's still frustrating when I can order an import figure from Japan and pay less to have it shipped to me than it does to have something shipped to me that's coming from within my own country.