ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #101
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
More info on the X-Men Legends is up here: http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?c...2&itemid=17526

Will be a TRU exclusive, so at least you can get it at retail. That is IF it comes to Canada. Looks like 5 figures total, plus the BAF Jubilee. Wolverine doesn't come with a BAF part, so no need to buy him thankfully. Who thinks he will be 4 per case? hahaha
Entertainment Earth has these listed as "Previews Exclusive" now - like the Wolverine Puck wave. Seems like X-Men Legends figure collectors just keep getting screwed.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #102
Hantei
Master of the Universe

The case assortment kinda blows. There's only one each of Magneto & Storm, while it's double of everyone else. Haha, Magneto is really the only must have of the wave for me.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #103
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
The case assortment kinda blows. There's only one each of Magneto & Storm, while it's double of everyone else. Haha, Magneto is really the only must have of the wave for me.
Yeah, I agree. I think it would have been better if they had doubles of everyone else in the wave and got rid of the Wolverine figure.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rapidrundowns

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 05-29-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #104
PegMan
Non-stick coated

I call foul play on Hasbro.

Why not just give us the maskless head in the Puck wave? I'm not sure I'll be picking up Wolvie this time around. How many copies of one figure do we need?
PegMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #105
cloud
Master of the Universe

Because the logic is the lead character sells better. I think 2 per cause isn't that bad. But it seems like it's not working in Hasbro's favor. Look at the peg warmers at TRU right now. It's the Captain Americas(movie WW2,Now) and Spidermen(movie, superior)
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #106
Icetron
Master of the Universe

I'm not sure why they even bothered to make 2 Superiors in each case though, they shouldn't have made the eyes muted brown colour. I think that's probably partly why we see him warm much more than Movie Spider-man. I like the suit so I got my Superior Spidey online way before we even got them in stores though.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #107
cloud
Master of the Universe

Well, the movie Spidey probably sold better because it's actually in the movie and it looks really close to the comic.
Both Spidey looks really cool. It's the price that's keeping me away and seeing how available they are. It's just a matter of time before I can find a sweet deal.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #108
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I always wonder why they short pack any figures in the first two waves. It always leads to problems finding figs and shelf warmers.

A simple case of say 2 of each might be the best bet to begin with, especially a movie line. Then do a revision case to offset the shelf warmers and replace hard to find figures.

Personally I think the big companies are just stuck going through with the same practices, with little research. I mean does anyone really think Hasbro is doing "research" with the ML line and kids?? At the price point they are selling for now from retailers I can't see too many kids, or their parents, picking up even one figure.

Anyway, enough with the rambling rant.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #109
cloud
Master of the Universe

A friend explained to me that it has to do with packagin and shipment.For the current line for example. ASM2 line has 5 figures in total: Movie Spidey,Superior Spidey, Electro, Boomerang/Beetle, Blackcat/Spidergirl, Carnage. The case can fit 8 figures so there's 2 extra figures and the logical choice is the main character. I don't know the statistics but usually the Spider-men or Batmen would attract casual buyers more often than the villains or supporting characters.

Hasbro could have packed in another Carnage or Black cat but they don't think they would sell more than Spidey.
IMO both Spidey figures are pretty impressive. The sculpt and articulation is really top notch and is close to what Toybiz used to offer minus the sloppy paint jobs.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #110
viciousmaturity
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
A friend explained to me that it has to do with packagin and shipment.For the current line for example. ASM2 line has 5 figures in total: Movie Spidey,Superior Spidey, Electro, Boomerang/Beetle, Blackcat/Spidergirl, Carnage. The case can fit 8 figures so there's 2 extra figures and the logical choice is the main character. I don't know the statistics but usually the Spider-men or Batmen would attract casual buyers more often than the villains or supporting characters.

Hasbro could have packed in another Carnage or Black cat but they don't think they would sell more than Spidey.
Historically, the female figures and the villains were often the last to sell. One of my local shops here still sells Onslaught figures for a ridiculously low price, and they still haven't gone down in stock.

That's probably the mentality that Hasbro using. This gives them time to plan revision cases. But now, what happens is we end up with high demand specifically for figures that come 1 a pack, and a wasteful line of doubles/triples.

Other companies, like FUNKO are a bit more daring. Series 2 of their Game of Thrones Legacy has 3/6 females, as well as their Magic the Gathering legacy. We'll see how they compare to Hasbro's strategy. Cuz I definitely think there is a shift in the type of collectors today compared to 10-20 years ago. Many of us have grown up and many have become less selective... but I understand Hasbro's strategy. There is much at stake when it comes to developing a wave, and if one doesn't sell well (see Epic Heroes, Hit Monkey), it ruins the planned swaps and future waves.

They said that the price increase in ML was due to their factory demands, but I think they did that to cover their losses from the prior year.

Also, a small correction: Carnage has a swap- Toxin. There are 9 figures in total in the ASM2 line, as well as the CA2 line.

I would love it if they had the balls to release an all female line, even if as an exclusive. There are many females getting shafted, specifically villains. Even A-lister females in the comics aren't getting the action figure recognition they deserve (Many of the X-Ladies, Ms./Captain Marvel, and as mentioned, villains).

How many female villains have we got so far?

The two Madames, Lady Deathstrike (terrible mold), Danger, Moonstone (both sort of a villain), Mystique, Dark Phoenix, Spiral... is that it? Interesting that most are X-Men related. Where are Selene, Amora, Titania, Diamondback, Sin, Callisto, Lilith, Silver Sable?

Hehe, sorry. I get excited about a wave based on the female(s) being released. I think I won't bother with the GOTG line with that horrid Gamora figure, unless it's gonna be sold on sale.
viciousmaturity is offline   Reply With Quote