ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Robimus
Super Moderator
Star Wars Black Collection Boba Fett Review

I'm so impressed with the 6 inch Star Wars Black Collection figures that I've decided to add some more reviews!

Lets take a look at the galaxies most notorious Bounty Hunter, Boba Fett!

The first thing that jumps out about this figure is the incredible detailing, from the Mandalorian sigils on the chest and left shoulder, to the incredible detail in the flight suit and armor, his weathered look right out of the films, all very well done.

The cloth cape is a nice touch, and while the Wookiee braids could have perhaps been cloth as well they still work well enough as plastic.

I enjoy how he can tilt his head to give himself all those little head movements from the films that portrays his attitude without saying a word.

In terms of accessories Boba comes across a little bit light to me in this regard. He has his blaster rifle, a hand blaster and his rocket pack. The rocket pack attaches in the rear much like a G.I.Joe figure might attach it's backpack, which is a little simplistic but still effective. The cloth cape is permanently attached.

What I might have liked to see in addition would be an extra head(like the Maul) so we could see Boba Fett unmasked. As well maybe a poseable scope on his helmet like so many of the four inch figures have come with. Maybe even a stand to he could appear to be flying would have been a nice touch.

He is a nicely balanced figure for sure, superior to the Maul or Snowtrooper that I have, if only slightly. His backpack doesn't throw off his center of balance at all and it is easy to pose him in many different ways without extra support. Standing, running, shooting, it all works fairly well.

With the aid of a Monster High base here is a shot of Fett in flight attacking Han Solo with his hand blaster. As I previously mentioned a flight stand would have been a thing of genius to include with the figure.

Last I wanted to touch upon my biggest pet peeve with the figure. The pouches on Boba's belt make it impossible for him to sit down(short of twisting them around to cover his butt), so he doesn't have quite the same complete freedom of movement that the Han or Greedo figures have. I don't think he could ride in a landspeeder, or ride a speeder bike, that type of thing.

This could have been easily fixed in multiple different ways, my favorite of which would have been making the belt removable like Han's. Minor, but worth a mention.

Overall a very cool figure. Definitely worth picking up for Star Wars collectors, or just Mandalorian fans in general.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
jacobot
clone179
Re: Star Wars Black Collection Boba Fett Review

...Most Impressive

Only figure I've grabbed a couple of... and one for Cobra!
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
Morg
Clonetrooper
Morg's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
...Most Impressive

Only figure I've grabbed a couple of... and one for Cobra!
Yeah dude, if I wasn't busy being a completionist on a budget, I would have grabbed multiples of him too - one of the greatest figures in recent memory.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

I would totally grab one if every place in town wasn't missing him. My targets got like 4 boxes of wave 2 and every fett gone, each store. Just leia and greedo.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

this one (boba fett) is really hard to acquired.....good thing i dont like the fig that much.....Han Solo or Luke will do for me.....but resale for this goes pretty much insane.....
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

Argh i have yet to see this guy at retail. I see everyone else but no boba. Boxes and boxes of the wave but fetts missing.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Robimus
Super Moderator

I'm surprised that the Han isn't more popular than he has been. That figure is nearly perfect.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
fishtifer
Cobra Trooper

I'm not much of Han Solo fan, that's why I passed on him. Waiting for Bespin Luke....
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #9
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
this one (boba fett) is really hard to acquired.....good thing i dont like the fig that much.....Han Solo or Luke will do for me.....but resale for this goes pretty much insane.....
i take back what i said.....im begining to like this figure!!!
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #10
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I just found one today at Target for $12.49!

Tags
black series, boba fett