ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-10-2023, 05:09 PM   #7431
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
VHS aunt may and Doctor octopus released at GameStop. 75.99 before edge.

https://imgur.com/a/HgtmFPJ
Just goes to show that buying from Hasbro Pulse is a scam. And yes, I got scammed.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 05:39 PM   #7432
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Just goes to show that buying from Hasbro Pulse is a scam. And yes, I got scammed.
It's a gamble for sure. I bought the toy colour version Dinobot, Terrasaur and Worlds collide all in one because at the time it didn't look like we would get many of them. Yeah they have been on clearance for months now and I could have saved hundreds.

But at the end of the day if it's a figure I want, I'd rather pay a bit extra and guarantee I will get it, than not get it.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 10:07 PM   #7433
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
It's not a scam but at this point when it comes to Hasbro. It's not worth rushing out to buy most of what they have to offer that's pulse exclusive as it will almost always end up elsewhere at some point.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-10-2023 at 10:32 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #7434
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I hated how they didn't update the lower half of the new Black Widow. I broke down and got it since it's on sale. I put it on one of my older Black Widows cause I really like the new heads and upper torso and arms.

nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 04:08 PM   #7435
Ksteel
Mutant

I still find the Blonde Natasha from the Infinity War line as the best ScarJo figure. I saw this one at Gamestop and something looks off.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 04:19 PM   #7436
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It's not a scam but at this point when it comes to Hasbro. It's not worth rushing out to buy most of what they have to offer that's pulse exclusive as it will almost always end up elsewhere at some point.
I'm amazed that toy collectors haven't clued into the fact that if Hasbro can't get (trick) collectors into paying $$$ for some exclusive from the Hasbro Pulse website, that unsold stock will end up on the fan channel or at some outlet (not always Canadian necessarily though). It's not like Hasbro will just bury it in a landfill, they'll just sell it to a retailer at some discounted wholesale price.

So the lesson is, don't buy from HP unless it's on massive sale or just skip getting it entirely, and if more collectors did that, we'd get this stuff on the Fan Channel more often.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 07:58 PM   #7437
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I'm amazed that toy collectors haven't clued into the fact that if Hasbro can't get (trick) collectors into paying $$$ for some exclusive from the Hasbro Pulse website, that unsold stock will end up on the fan channel or at some outlet (not always Canadian necessarily though). It's not like Hasbro will just bury it in a landfill, they'll just sell it to a retailer at some discounted wholesale price.

So the lesson is, don't buy from HP unless it's on massive sale or just skip getting it entirely, and if more collectors did that, we'd get this stuff on the Fan Channel more often.
Hasbro pulse is more or less a marketing tool and a way for them to sell excess inventory that retailers didn't pick up.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 03:05 PM   #7438
sebastianduhra
Clonetrooper

Marvel Legends First Ninja Clea and Luke Cage on sale on Amazon for $29

Sale includes Infinity Saga figures as well
sebastianduhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 06:40 AM   #7439
Vchipp
Red Shirt

Quote:
What's worst is that this set is even on Amazon.ca for even cheaper than Gamestop even with the Edge discounts at $62.17 right now.

I don't know if this links it since I'm on mobile.
Spider-Man SPD Legends VHS DR OCK Aunt May 2PK https://a.co/d/8p0uLPL
It's temporary out of stock.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:52 PM   #7440
Webs
Man of Spiders

Wow, I feel like a stooge for buying that set before now, and it was just before they started showing up on Canadian retailers. Damn.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote