ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-24-2023, 12:57 PM   #3851
usernameprime
Cobra Commander
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
Those trays are a great idea. Think I will have to go get a few. How is the price compared to average acrylic risers?
There are square cubes that wont lock together so it's limiting. A 3 pack was $2. You can see serpentor on one, the two snakes in the corner of the crimson shelf use them. I also have a short tray sitting on one to hold up CC in the trouble bubble.

Trays come in short and long size and stack (locks in place) well on each other. Long trays is what I used for the stair cases. They are $2.50 each. So it costs $7.50 to create a single 2 tier staircase. My shelves have 2 of them so $15 to fully deck out a shelf.

Shorter trays (about 2/3 the size of long tray) are $1.75. You can see the trouble bubble sitting on one which is sitting on a cube tray. Also using one for the throne which fits it perfect with no throne overlapping from it.

I spent $56.25 plus tax for everything you see plus 1 more short tray and 5 squares being used on my TF collection.

Pretty decent price to handle an entire collection. I cleared out 2 Dollaramas of long trays.

I can see myself spraypainting them black and some red or dark blue to blend/decorate better.

Stickers on trays are easily removable as well.

Last edited by usernameprime; 11-24-2023 at 01:34 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 01:30 PM   #3852
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Awesome! I'll do a little hunting. These Dollarama employees are going to think there's a new organizing trend going around, or something
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:35 PM   #3853
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Just picked up a few - they work great as riser! Thanks for the tip... will probably go back for more
Old 11-24-2023, 07:05 PM   #3854
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

I picked up a few of the trays last night to try them out. Unfortunately they are about a half inch too long to double up on my shelves where I have my Black Series figures and Wrestling figures but I can put 3 across on the shelves with my Classified, Transformers and MOTU Origins. They work really well and are more sturdy then the typical display risers. I'm gonna have to raid a couple of the local Dollarama's. Gonna need a lot of these.

They had some other types that weren't as long so I'll have to check those out for the other shelves.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 08:40 PM   #3855
Canukle
Clonetrooper

The one by me had a nice mix of sizes, so I'm playing around a bit. I've never been so excited for cheap plastic squares
Old 11-24-2023, 11:23 PM   #3856
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
Awesome! I'll do a little hunting. These Dollarama employees are going to think there's a new organizing trend going around, or something
Lol..I went back tonight to grab a bunch more and the cashier looked at me like I was an alien. She's like "It's usually women that buy these things." Well, thanks to usernameprime there'll be a lot of men buying them now.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 12:03 AM   #3857
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Got an email for R Club giving me an additional 20% off a Black Friday purchase (including sale items).

So I am going to apply it to one of the Joe items which, hopefully, means I'll get TF Duke & RAM for 70% off.
Not to burst your bubble...but it's 50% off then 20% off that sale price...so like 60% off overall I believe
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 08:24 AM   #3858
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Not to burst your bubble...but it's 50% off then 20% off that sale price...so like 60% off overall I believe

HEY@!!!@!!

I can add.....1+1=shoe!!

And this kids is why you should stay in school.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 02:17 PM   #3859
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

Only get the odd GI Joe figure now but at 1/2 price and then 20% off that price I had to pick up Sgt Slaughter. Plus the wife was picking some things up for Christmas presents so she paid and I got it for free. Toys R Us had some good deals this time.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:32 PM   #3860
philtastic
Master of the Universe

I wonder if they hired new management, or just saw the complete error of their ways. Their prices were crazy high until a few months ago. So of course they're going to have a glut of inventory that they have to push out the door.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote