ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 03-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Quantum
Agent of Shield
JLA or JSA?

Just curious, who are you partial to? Which team are you most excited to see completed in DCUC? And then more specifically, which era of which team are you excited about?

Watchtower league with Zatanna coming out?

Founding JLA with Martian Manhunter coming out?

Golden Age JSA with Alan Scott and Hourman coming out?

Modern JSA, would you put Alan Scott there?

And why are you most excited for that team?

I've gotta say that I've always been a Justice Leaguer, and I'm sooooooooooo excited to finally get J'onn to finish out the original 7. I grew up with the League, am a total DC whore, and Justice League will forever be one of the titles on my pull-list, no matter how broke I am. This team is what I am most excited for.

Having said that, I'm very excited for more JSA, which is even cooler, since before I started collecting DCUC, I had no interest in the JSA at all. Now I'm chomping at the bit for any and all JSA to come out. I also bought my first JSA trade, and loved it. Will buy more. Super-stoked to get Alan and Hourman and Obsidian (not sure if I'll put him on the Hero or Villain shelf yet) and Ultra-Humanite (some company for Grundy).

Having said all of that, Zatanna's just pure win, and can't wait to her on the shelf as well with Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Black Canary (did I miss anyone?).

What about you?

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!
Re: JLA or JSA?

Dude im totally there with you whoring it up with DC!!! Just totally cracked out bro.

Im also more of a Leaguer at heart. Now did i just read you correct??....They're making Martian Manhunter??? This is news to me. Please say this isn't a dream Quantum because i have been struggling trying to use different versions of MM for my original 7 and fail everytime!!!

Being a DC fan i am interested in JSA stuff as well. But only if the character, shelf space and budget fits. Dont' get me wrong the JSA figures look amazing!! But i will be Leagueing it up till the day i die.

But right now it feels like my DC collection is slowing to a crawl. Just looking fwd to a few more things to get. Zatanna, Supergirl/Lex pack, Superboy.

Last edited by Autobot Prime; 03-11-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Autobot Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe

They're officially doing MM? Dang!

I'm a strange DC fan. I was never into DC comics that much as a kid beyond Batman, though my favorite superheros since a child has always been Superman and Batman. I'm more of a fan of the tv and movie incarnations over the years, from the original movies and animated shows in the 80's and 90's till the newer DC direct to video movies.

That being said, I'm a Justice League baffoon at heart. Must have MM. no doubts.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Justice Leaguer all the way! Oh man, Quantum, I hope I read this correctly, J'onn J'onez is being released!??! Man, it's about time! Been waiting forver for good 'ol Martain Manhunter!

Mind you, I also enjoy the JSA, but even though Hawkman and Dr. Fate are wicked awesome, these guys can't hold a candle to the Dark Knight and his buddies if you ask me!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post

Mind you, I also enjoy the JSA, but even though Hawkman and Dr. Fate are wicked awesome, these guys can't hold a candle to the Dark Knight and his buddies if you ask me!
QFT. Seriously, when it comes to the DC heavies, nothing else compares.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Quantum
Agent of Shield

Yeah guys, the list as it stands for wave 15 has Martian Manhunter and variant, Raven, Starman and variant(I think), Jemm (dude from Saturn, MM enemy), OMAC (no one knows I it's the classic or from the Crisis), Golden Pharoah (super powers stand) and SC Batman (that many people think means Sinestro Corps Batman, from that single panel when a yellow ring tries to pick Bruce.

Not confirmed yet, but an old leaked list was confirmed by the Wave 14 announcement, so it's safe to assume this is the line-up we're getting.

Also good to see so many Leaguers around! Nothing beats the Original 7!

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Here, Here!

Facebook
Old 03-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Yeah guys, the list as it stands for wave 15 has Martian Manhunter and variant, Raven, Starman and variant(I think), Jemm (dude from Saturn, MM enemy), OMAC (no one knows I it's the classic or from the Crisis), Golden Pharoah (super powers stand) and SC Batman (that many people think means Sinestro Corps Batman, from that single panel when a yellow ring tries to pick Bruce.
So glad we're finally get Martain Manhunter!!! I wonder what SC Batman really is? I am intrigued!

Facebook
Old 03-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!

whooooooooaaa!!! cooooooooool!!!!!!!
Autobot Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
pud333
Master of the Universe

I hope MM's cape is detailed well. I mean, I'd get him regardless, but a well defined cape would make or break MM for me in terms of whether I love him or just like him.

Question: Do you guys prefer capes to be molded so they look like its an action or flying pose (eg: Superman or Supergirl cape), or do you prefer the basic no action cape (eg: Batman)? I prefer the action poses. Nothing too dramatic, but just enough so it looks good standing there or flying. As for SC batman, it'll probably just be a repaint.

Last edited by pud333; 03-11-2010 at 06:25 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote