ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #21
Nomad
Furry Valiant
Re: Boxing Week Zellers Facebook Coupon

Yeah, this became a pretty big story online, what with the corp "claiming" the coupon to be an error & not accepting it on already discounted items as a result.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #22
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
yeh I heard the cashier refuse to honour the wording on the coupon and insisted that was an error for the guy in front of me buying a leather jacket. They have posted correction notices at all checkouts...
Yeah, we got blocked today as well from using the coupon. The weird thing is that the item scanned at regular price even though the flyer showed it was on sale. They were willing to give us the sale price, but said no to the 50% off coupon. They wouldn't even forgo the "sale price" and just take the 50% off the regular price as it was originally scanned at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yeah, this became a pretty big story online, what with the corp "claiming" the coupon to be an error & not accepting it on already discounted items as a result.
Yeah, I took a look at their facebook page. The comments on those correction posts skyrocketed! Customers aren't too happy about it especially when they were allowed to use it earlier in the week.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 12-30-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #23
cobralegion
Decepticon

Yeah a major screw up there..They should just honor it and be done with it. Reminds me of back in the 90s when I worked at A&W and they had a scratch and win promo. For some odd reason they made all the tickets a free item....and didn't limit the number a person could use. People were getting free meals all week long until they stopped it. You'd think they would know this stuff by now?
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #24
tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Pickup myself up a Lego Tie Defender for $35!

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #25
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Not having a printer to actually print this coupon out, the only thing I did at Zellers today was chat with one of the employees about this whole coupon fiasco... he told me that a lot of the Zellers stores around the GTA lost bucketloads of money due to this bungled promotion - and when I was standing near both the customer service area and later, the cash registers, man, I could hear the staff really getting loud with customers who were insisting on getting their deals even though signs had now been posted limiting the use of the coupon.

The manager was out there and it was pretty clear she'd lost her patience trying to tell one customer that no way no how was she going to get the 50% off on the sale item no matter how long she argued.

Normally I believe strongly in the customer-is-right principle, but man some of those customers were just downright coming off as being cheap and greedy. I think once the store catches on to their mistake, your window has closed and there's no point in arguing about it... a store isn't going to let itself go out of business because someone at head office majorly screwed up (and is probably being fired right now as we speak).
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #26
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I got half price baby formula today
Old 12-31-2011, 12:09 AM   #27
aznpnoy
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
I got half price baby formula today
Same here, I've gotten 2 Formulas and 1 diaper pack. Will go back tomorrow to get another diaper pack.
aznpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:32 AM   #28
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post

Normally I believe strongly in the customer-is-right principle, but man some of those customers were just downright coming off as being cheap and greedy. I think once the store catches on to their mistake, your window has closed and there's no point in arguing about it... a store isn't going to let itself go out of business because someone at head office majorly screwed up (and is probably being fired right now as we speak).

It's a really tough situation, but I'm with you. Zellers screwed up, admitted they screwed up and have taken steps to correct this error.

One thing to keep in mind, as you suggest, is that in all likelyhood people have already lost their jobs over this situation and more people are likely too. Thats way to high a cost.

I mean even if we look at it from Zellers POV, the coupon does say one per customer - yet we know tons of people used way more than one. At this point Zellers needs to get control of the situation.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
FETT1
Agent of Shield

ZELLERS DOES SUCK most of the time though!!!
After being down in the STATES last week and going to a couple of TARGETS it will be very very refreshing to see this AMERICAN GIANT come to CANADA....
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #30
protoform_ironhide
Cobra Trooper

Found the new MU comic pack, the Bullseye vs Daredevil, the Quicksilver/Wonderman at a local Zellers! Got both sets for 12.50 each! And then got a Sentinel for 30 dollars at another Zellers! What a good day today. This sale is just awesome Wish they had more Sentinel though.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote