ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-21-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
lifedragon99
Decepticon
New Wave Collectibles

Does anyone have any information why this site is down?

I preorderd a couple Bad Batch Figures in may that I thought would be here by now. Stopped getting emails from them in the middle of August. Facebook messages are sent but not delivered.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #2
Hangfest
Super Friend
Re: New Wave Collectibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Does anyone have any information why this site is down?

I preorderd a couple Bad Batch Figures in may that I thought would be here by now. Stopped getting emails from them in the middle of August. Facebook messages are sent but not delivered.
I don't have any experience with NWC myself, but I remembered seeing a post about them recently on the "Star Wars Black Series Canada" FaceBook group...

Here's what was posted to the group on Sep. 30:

"Re: New Wave Collectibles/Eric Parsons
I made my first order with NWC about one year ago. I’ve made several orders since. Dealing with Eric has been a pleasure. They’ve been responsive and customer service has been very good. I’ve received 18 items from them over the last year, and I have an additional 22 items currently on order (approx. value of $825).
On August 6th NWC sent out an email addressing delays.
On August 13th they made their last Instagram post about stock arriving. (posting had been at least every few days for the last year).
Last week a post here got a lot of attention. The thrust of the post, is that the vendor (NWC) has gone silent, with zero response or visible online activity since mid-August.
You can no longer log into your account on their website.
At this point, It is not, where is my product, it is where is my vendor?
There are several posts and comments on both the Facebook and Instagram pages for NWC of people expressing their dismay at the lack of communication suddenly in the last few weeks. Myself, I’ve sent a few emails over the last month, as well as reaching out directly via Instagram and Facebook to no response. This silence has not been in keeping with the person I had been dealing with over the last year. I do not think I am being scammed, rather that perhaps something has happened to them.
There is no phone number to call, only an email address, and a street address. This person could have been injured, fallen ill, or worse, died. We would have no way of knowing. After discussing with a few people, I called the OPP for a wellness check.
The OPP being very helpful got back to me within an hour. They spoke directly with Eric. So this is what was relayed to me by the officer: Eric had stepped away from social media/the business due to stress. He claims that all pre-orders will be shipped when the product becomes available.
Okay…
Yes, we should all be patient with delays given the current global situation. However, as a vendor, your obligation is to the customer. Going silent is not an option. It may be disheartening to have no good news, but you’ve got to keep responding with “no news” rather than not responding at all. That is not acceptable.
So this is what I know. Perhaps he will make a statement, or see this and respond. I don’t know what I will do, I can’t tell anyone else what they should do, I just wanted to let anyone else in the same boat as me know what I’ve uncovered so they can make a decision that is right for them."
Hangfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Wow… we all try to help the lil guys and not have our money to big corps, but time and time again these lil guys have no knowledge or support to handle the customer. At the end of the day the big corps have policies and support to handle situations. But to walk away and ghost the customer to the point where police are now being used. Time to rethink your business strategies.

This seems like this is happening a lot to these small businesses, where they can’t handle it.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #4
ssjgoku22
Mutant

This is why I'm weary of preordering anything that's a few months from releasing from small shops. Paypal and credit card companies won't help you with transactions past a certain amount of time (6 months for Paypal and it varies with credit cards). Amazon does screw you over a lot for not getting figures, but at least they don't charge you up front and getting a refund from them isn't too much of a hassle.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:17 PM   #5
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

I definitely sympathize with his situation, if not the approach being taken.

Hopefully he can come through and offer proper resolution for everyone.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:48 PM   #6
lifedragon99
Decepticon

That's disappointing to hear, I may have to do a charge back then. Just to be safe. I don't really want to rely on someone that can't communicate they are stepping away.
(I just saw it says New Hope Collectibles on my statement, I hope this isn't going to make things complicated.)

Unfortunately it was the only place I could find a pre-order for of Wrecker, and of course I just saw him in store. Hopefully he is still there in the morning.

Last edited by lifedragon99; 10-21-2021 at 09:53 PM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:21 PM   #7
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

I remember when something like this happened with Juggernaut toys, although I believe all orders were fullfilled before they just closed the website and shut the doors, but there wasn't much communication, I think they couldn't keep up with demand and it probably got stressful, I remember they used to actually drive the product to my door and not even deliver it, they were good people. I'd imagine the whole online collectible retailer thing is extremely difficult, look how many companies we have seen fall for various reasons.

I hope everything works out for the people who purchased from this site, and the owner finds themselves peace of mind.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #8
Blazzinbone
Red Shirt

Unfortunately I have been waiting since March were I ordered 3 figures 2 of which were preorders that I now see everywhere. I understand that there is problem due to the pandemic but atleast give ur buyers some insite to what's going on. I really wanted to support local but seems like that won't be happening again. Seems like NWC and NMC have completely made me not to preorder anything online lesson learned too bad its an expensive lesson
Blazzinbone is offline   Reply With Quote