ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #51
tfHunter
Mutant
Re: Marvel Universe Action Figures - Canadian Release Checklist

I recall seeing Puck briefly at Disney stores here in Edmonton and also LCS too.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #52
Major Destruction
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I'm pretty sure that Northstar has not been released in any form. He is rumored to be coming in a future wave of Infinite though. MU-Puck, I don't think he hit mass retail in Canada... I acquired him via ebay since he never showed up at my local hobby store either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfHunter View Post
I recall seeing Puck briefly at Disney stores here in Edmonton and also LCS too.
Thanks guys, for the feedback. I always forget about those damn Disney stores. Hopefully you're right about the future release of Northstar in the Infinite series, and if I'm lucky they'll release Puck again.
And on another note, wouldn't it be sweet if we saw the release of MU-Fin Fang Foom(which was sadly cancelled), in the Infinite series?
Major Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #53
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Now that Stall and Falcon are in charge of Marvel figures, you can forget about Fin Fang Foom... those two guys are busy masturbating to 6" Marvel to care any longer about what happens to 4" (which they clearly despise). I doubt we'll even get any Agents of SHIELD 4" figures at this rate, or if we do, they'll be limited articulation just to make sure we 4" collectors really feel like the red-headed stepchild.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #54
Major Destruction
Super Friend

Quote:
Now that Stall and Falcon are in charge of Marvel figures, you can forget about Fin Fang Foom... those two guys are busy masturbating to 6" Marvel to care any longer about what happens to 4" (which they clearly despise). I doubt we'll even get any Agents of SHIELD 4" figures at this rate, or if we do, they'll be limited articulation just to make sure we 4" collectors really feel like the red-headed stepchild.
I hope what you're saying about the 4" lines are wrong(but you may be right-just look at the crappy, limited articulated Avengers, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Thor figures they put out). They weren't all bad, but one of the worst things was having to settle for some figures that may not ever be released again, just to have them in your collection.
There are so many advantages to the 4" scale compared to the 6" scale. First off, more figures in a series/wave. More Accessories(G.I.Joe is a good example of this). Vehicles and playsets(how expensive is the 6" scale going to get-Black Series Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike/Jabba the Hutt-$50.00?-one of them is pretty cool(not Jabba), but too expensive for what it is).
I really thought that things were moving in the right direction when the 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe, Iron Man 2, and MU figures were released. For a couple of years, things were just great. And then they took all these steps backwards. I don't get it.
But as far Fin Fang Foom is concerned, he can fit into either 4" or 6" scale. So there may still be a chance for a BAF.
Major Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #55
Napseeker
Dark Knight

The one common thread that seemed to emerge from the last SDCC is that Hasbro is deliberately trying to steer all collectors to the 6" scale (where it has been suggested that they can charge more for the figures/vehicles, and thus command a higher profit margin compared to the 4" lines where they know that customers balk once the price starts to rise above $10).

There was a link posted to the Marvel presentation at SDCC, which featured Stall, Falcon, and the new guy now "in charge" of the 4" line (he's a sculptor I think, but he's not really the one making decisions really, Stall just tells him what to do and he does it, whereas you once had Vonner, who was the guy who really evangelized the 4" scale, then got laid off/fired to the horror of many 4" fans... Vonner was pushing for the offbeat stuff like Fin Fang Foom). In that video, you can clearly hear both Stall and Falcon openly mocking the poor 4" rep as he was doing his presentation...

Stall (and other Hasbro reps) have said that 6" is for the collectors now, and 4" will be aimed at kids/parents shopping for kids. That's why you're likely to see less articulation in future MarvelU figures (like Sandman, Black Cat, Bishop) so that they can keep the figures at the parent-friendly pricepoint of $10.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #56
Hantei
Master of the Universe

The lower articulation for new MU/MI's that they revealed during SDCC really ticked me off. I don't understand why they don't just keep using the current bodies. With the new bodies we lost waist, torso, wrists, and thighs. The biggest annoyance being the loss of a waist swivel or upper torso.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #57
Napseeker
Dark Knight

The argument made by Hasbro is they are trying to keep the pricepoint at $10 at retail. This fits into their desire to see parents/kids buy the 4" scale, and collectors are nudged into buying the 6" scale... parents are price sensitive, so keeping it at $10 makes it a more justifiable purchase.

That of course means sacrificing small things like... stands, accessories, poseability/super-articulation... all the things that we collectors are interested in... sigh.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #58
Definitely Not Blitz
Red Shirt

Quote:
The argument made by Hasbro is they are trying to keep the pricepoint at $10 at retail. This fits into their desire to see parents/kids buy the 4" scale, and collectors are nudged into buying the 6" scale... parents are price sensitive, so keeping it at $10 makes it a more justifiable purchase.

That of course means sacrificing small things like... stands, accessories, poseability/super-articulation... all the things that we collectors are interested in... sigh.
One of the main reasons I collect the 4" figures is because of the price. 25$ or more for a 6" Legends figure just isn't in my price range.
Definitely Not Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #59
jimbing
Cobra Trooper

I had every intention of buying the MU blue beast, however, when I actually saw it at Walmart and held it in hand, yes, it had a very good sculpt, but the lack of torso articulation just really made it seem out of place with Marvel Universe figures in general.
It looked like it would belong to the Wolverine series that was sold in dollar stores, definitely not a $14 figure!
I bought Ares from the previous wave,but if the Beast is a sign of things to come... I am most definitely not on board.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCyV_haa6n0AZS0dhYRwOpQ
jimbing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel universe