ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #4471
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah weird, mine still have not shipped, wonder what's going on here.

Gamestop has been out of wack, they still never call me anymore about my in store orders, I went yesterday and they had 3 things I ordered in store on the shelf, never got a call, what they hell man.
Employee's don't care anymore at most retail now days.. big difference between 10 years ago and today when it comes to service quality.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:09 PM   #4472
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Employee's don't care anymore at most retail now days.. big difference between 10 years ago and today when it comes to service quality.
Yeah I get that, but I've been a regular at my local store for years, and am on friend terms with the employees who are all the same since I started going, all of a sudden since the stores re-opened this year, I never get a call ever, and they insist "we always call you when we get something in" no they don't , I've gone into the store many times and seen my pre-orders on the shelves, I don't even want to bother ordering in store anymore, no point I won't get my items.

just curious if this is happening with anyone else? is there some computer mess or something?
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:24 PM   #4473
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Yeah I get that, but I've been a regular at my local store for years, and am on friend terms with the employees who are all the same since I started going, all of a sudden since the stores re-opened this year, I never get a call ever, and they insist "we always call you when we get something in" no they don't , I've gone into the store many times and seen my pre-orders on the shelves, I don't even want to bother ordering in store anymore, no point I won't get my items.

just curious if this is happening with anyone else? is there some computer mess or something?

Sounds like a garbage store honestly. You may think you're on friendly terms with them, but clearly that isn't the case on their end.

The 2 EB/GS (whichever you prefer) that I frequent up here are great with great employees. At least in my experience. My regular place is run by a guy who knows his stuff and I get a call every time for my preorders. Also he is proactive is asking me about other preorders coming out. Also he will check for me about stock at other stores for something I may have missed.

The second store, which I don't frequent all that much has a woman who is great at customer service. She is friendly, helpful and went out of her way to help me find a Pulse Zartan at a store that actually had it in stock, and not on hold. Then put it on hold for me to get it. She also gave me some tips about their $5 Friday deals that could be helpful if I could remember to check. Now this store is much better now than it was even just a year ago. So staff clearly make a big difference.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:07 PM   #4474
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Some of the retro carded F4 made their way to shelves at TRU.

Grabbed Reed and Susan. Just need Johnny and Ben.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:56 PM   #4475
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:

The store is just poorly run now I guess.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:17 AM   #4476
ghostlurk29
Mutant

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Marvel-Leg.../A41FE83B.html

Carter - $35

Rest of the wave is up for order too
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:43 AM   #4477
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Marvel-Leg.../A41FE83B.html

Carter - $35

Rest of the wave is up for order too

I want a Captain Carter to go with my Hydra Stomper, but I just can't pull the trigger on $35 + tax anymore unless it is a character I absolutely want no questions asked. Unfortunately for ML that is few and far between now. Also they are releasing a stealth version of her as well, so there are going to be more available, but I prefer this version to the stealth version.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:37 AM   #4478
Ksteel
Mutant

Yeah I saw this whole line in TRU stores a few days ago. They look nice. Decided to skip it though. You would be paying near $40 per figure after tax.

If I'm going to spent that money on a Hasbro action figure, it should be for a character that I really care about..

If the Spider-Man NWH rumors are true regarding certain returning characters, those characters may be enough to justify that pricetag.

The random variant characters in What If... they seem like 'flavors of the week' that will be forgotten in 2 years.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #4479
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I want a Captain Carter to go with my Hydra Stomper, but I just can't pull the trigger on $35 + tax anymore unless it is a character I absolutely want no questions asked. Unfortunately for ML that is few and far between now. Also they are releasing a stealth version of her as well, so there are going to be more available, but I prefer this version to the stealth version.
She's probably going to be hard to get down the road and go for double the price. If you're on the fence you could always buy it and keep it sealed. If you still feel like keeping it before 30 days then open it. If not just return it before 30 days.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:29 PM   #4480
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
She's probably going to be hard to get down the road and go for double the price. If you're on the fence you could always buy it and keep it sealed. If you still feel like keeping it before 30 days then open it. If not just return it before 30 days.

Yeah I kind of feel that way, but then I look back at just the last few years and I have a bunch of figures I thought of the same way. And almost all of them haven't appreciated much, if at all, in value. Or they have had another release (either a straight reissue, or a new version).

Or as Ksteel has mentioned, they are sub-line types of figures who probably won't be remembered much 5 years from now.

So while I would like her to go with the Hydra Stomper I think I can wait to see if there is a sale. I have been bitten quite a few times recently paying full price because it might be hard to come by, only to have a lot more stock show up later, outside of the return/price adjustment window. So I'll probably be patient, and if I miss out, oh well. Someone will probably sell her loose for less than retail in the next year anyway.