ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-17-2022, 05:34 PM   #5771
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
It's not greedy, it's just business.
Hasbro is a toy company and they sell toys to make money. Simple as that.
When you have a few bad years you have to make it up somehow so that's why prices are going up and you can see waves are being more lackluster because of what I suspect as budget control. Similar to what Mattel did with their DC figures but not as terrible as what Mattel did.

At the end, customers can vote for their wallets but not sure if Hasbro will understand the meaning. After all they are just doing their job.
I recommend you can check out some Todd Mcfarlane interviews. He speaks geek but also understands the business. And also Super7 interviews.
I'm well aware they are a business. They also reported record profits the past few years, so they're not making up for any lackluster sales. It is greed. Corporate greed is still greed, whether it's driven by the CEO, the shareholders, or whoever.

MacFarlane is the perfect exception that proves the rule. He owns his business, and if he wants to be fair, he can. If he wanted to be an asshole, he could do that, too. Thankfully he doesn't. I just wish he'd make a decent Superman figure, for once.

Meanwhile Hasbro charges extra for Spider-Man or Boba Fett by calling them "deluxe" when there's nothing deluxe about them. And yes, I am voting with my wallet, but that doesn't mean I can't also point out when fans are being taken advantage of. Plus, it might enlighten some other people who might not be aware of how badly they're being taken advantage of.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:39 PM   #5772
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Maybe, but then it's an even more cynical move on their part. Why not just sell five figures individually if they're all full price? And full *exclusive* price, at that. Hell, most retailers offer a discount when buying full cases, or waves.

But not here. And if you just want one particular figure you have to buy all five. Fuck that. And, for the record, I don't even want any of these figures. It's just such a bald face, greedy move from Hasbro that I'm angry on principle.
They do the 5-pack because it's cheaper to do than sell individually. Especially when those 5 are niche characters that wouldn't move at retail. Also, even if you just want one figure from the 5-pack you can always buy the figure loose off someone. Alot of people will buy the 5 pack to get one character then flip the others to recoup most of the money back.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:44 PM   #5773
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Heads up, just got a shipping notice from GameStop for Toad
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:03 PM   #5774
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I'm well aware they are a business. They also reported record profits the past few years, so they're not making up for any lackluster sales. It is greed. Corporate greed is still greed, whether it's driven by the CEO, the shareholders, or whoever.

MacFarlane is the perfect exception that proves the rule. He owns his business, and if he wants to be fair, he can. If he wanted to be an asshole, he could do that, too. Thankfully he doesn't. I just wish he'd make a decent Superman figure, for once.

Meanwhile Hasbro charges extra for Spider-Man or Boba Fett by calling them "deluxe" when there's nothing deluxe about them. And yes, I am voting with my wallet, but that doesn't mean I can't also point out when fans are being taken advantage of. Plus, it might enlighten some other people who might not be aware of how badly they're being taken advantage of.
Core difference. Hasbro answers to shareholders. McFarlane answers to himself.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:58 AM   #5775
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Just got shipping notices for Speedball, Herald Thor, and Toad, finally the rest of the Controller wave from Gamestop is coming, kinda surprised by toad
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 03:09 PM   #5776
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

The Rhino headsculpt is amazing. The shift from painting to tampography is incredible. And even though the articulation may be hindered by its old mold, it's still able to pull off some of the classic Rhino rushing poses. My eyes also popped out at the oversized card.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:14 PM   #5777
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
The Rhino headsculpt is amazing. The shift from painting to tampography is incredible. And even though the articulation may be hindered by its old mold, it's still able to pull off some of the classic Rhino rushing poses. My eyes also popped out at the oversized card.
It’s a pretty fun redo. I kind of miss the shoulder pad from the older BAF, but I guess this fits the version they’re going for. I see what you mean about the articulation. Mine is currently doing some weightlifting on the bench that came with the Fortnite Meowscles deluxe figure and the knees look pretty bad when bent.

I kind of wanted them to pack in the roid rage head in as well though, haha

Last edited by Sharkdog; 08-18-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #5778
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Toad arrived today from GameStop. I think the figure looks even better in hand than from just photos.
Glad to add him to my Brotherhood figures.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:08 PM   #5779
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

She Hulk pre-order is up at Gamestop
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 03:58 PM   #5780
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

More stuff coming out, got a shipping notice today for Spider-Man & Spinneret 2 pack.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote