ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 07-21-2022, 12:58 PM   #511
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevan View Post
Eternia playset looks great but the price wont be. I dont expect it to be affordable.

It's hard to say either way. Mattel is definitely not Hasbro. They have somehow managed to keep their prices less inflated than Hasbro, especially in regards to MOTU:O.

So while this will undoubtedly be an expensive playset, it may not be as bad as we all fear (hopefully).

Can you imagine if Eternia comes in at close to the same price as the HISS? ($300)

That would be a complete kick in the nads to Hasbro, and collectors would undoubtedly start in again on how Hasbro is ripping us off.

I'm just hoping it does not exceed $400US, but not hopeful.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:03 PM   #512
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
It's funny how so many of us have come to the same conclusion about the Origins vehicles. Best to wait until clearance. I learned my lesson after paying full price for Battle Cat and the Sky Sled when the line first launched.

That was the same for a lot of collectors, myself included, when the line began.

Unfortunately it is still a bit of a crap shoot for some stuff. I passed on the Battlefield Warriors set (BA He-Man/BC) when I saw it one time at Walmart. Never saw it again, and now I can't find it anywhere except on the secondary market for dumb prices.

So yeah, there is still the chance that something might be a "blink and you'll miss it" item, but not as likely anymore so better to wait it out.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:49 PM   #513
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
It's funny how so many of us have come to the same conclusion about the Origins vehicles. Best to wait until clearance. I learned my lesson after paying full price for Battle Cat and the Sky Sled when the line first launched.
Agreed. I have bought every single vehicle on clearance.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #514
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Not sure if this is supposed to be a Walmart exclusive or not, but the Roton is up for pre-order:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/masters.../6000205306257
Let me guess. It was available for like 2 minutes like every other new MOTU Origins product on walmart.ca?
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:52 PM   #515
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Marshalls and Winners have the Landshark and Windraider at full price in stores here. Get them for around $15 @ GS.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:54 PM   #516
4lott
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Marshalls and Winners have the Landshark and Windraider at full price in stores here. Get them for around $15 @ GS.
Full price? Weird
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 06:30 PM   #517
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

^ They were both $29.99 and I didn't see their 'compare to' price printed on the stickers, so I believe that was their old retail before TRU raised them to $39? Still cheaper @ GS.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 05:08 PM   #518
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Just got an email from Mattel Creations that my Kol Darrs are being shipped, NICE!!!

Got my Wundars a couple weeks ago, and now the Kol Darrs.
Old 07-29-2022, 05:24 PM   #519
4lott
Master of the Universe

Yayyy! SDCC MC stuff is shipping to Canadians! Out of curiosity what method of shipping did you choose and do you have an estimated delivery date? I assume the days of the digital river fiascos are behind us.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 05:39 PM   #520
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Yayyy! SDCC MC stuff is shipping to Canadians! Out of curiosity what method of shipping did you choose and do you have an estimated delivery date? I assume the days of the digital river fiascos are behind us.

Kol Darr isn't an SDCC exclusive, just an MC exclusive. Which of course doesn't make it any better.

I chose their cheapest option, so it was only $12.95US for shipping. It means I really can't track it, even though there is a tracking number. However it is better than Hasbro's $30US.

I managed to snag Faker/Duplicat and 2 Mysteries Of Grayskull last year. The shipping for all of them was just $12.95US and they shipped out the Faker/Duplicat separate from the Mysteries Of Grayskull so it probably cost them a pretty penny.