ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-18-2022, 11:08 AM   #51
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!
Re: Outrun Collectibles - New Pre-Orders and In Stock

So last week I had a opportunity to go into outrun as I was in the neighbourhood. I probably spent a good hour in the shop talking with Chris.

I brought up concerns I had with orders and returns, and overall communication. I’ve seen to many small businesses like his get bad raps when customers start talking amongst each other rather than go to the source and issue concerns.

Let’s just say I was blown away by the outstanding passion chris and his team have in this tough retail market. To see first had the roadblocks they are going through right now allowed me to offer some suggestions but overall allow me first hand to understand what they offer and what they want to achieve. I was very lucky to take up chris’s time as others were shopping and even looking for employment.

I was very happy to actually go in and talk to him, rather than just speculating and growing and opinion on his business through low communication. I have to say I was very satisfied on my visit and really wish him and his team all the best. I will continue to support him and I hope to return to the shop again.

Thanks to outrun collectables for the opportunity to voice out concerns and also speak on the difficulties they are experiencing as we’re all human!

A+++++ to this small business!!!

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 07:23 PM   #52
OutrunChris
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
So last week I had a opportunity to go into outrun as I was in the neighbourhood. I probably spent a good hour in the shop talking with Chris.

I brought up concerns I had with orders and returns, and overall communication. I?ve seen to many small businesses like his get bad raps when customers start talking amongst each other rather than go to the source and issue concerns.

Let?s just say I was blown away by the outstanding passion chris and his team have in this tough retail market. To see first had the roadblocks they are going through right now allowed me to offer some suggestions but overall allow me first hand to understand what they offer and what they want to achieve. I was very lucky to take up chris?s time as others were shopping and even looking for employment.

I was very happy to actually go in and talk to him, rather than just speculating and growing and opinion on his business through low communication. I have to say I was very satisfied on my visit and really wish him and his team all the best. I will continue to support him and I hope to return to the shop again.

Thanks to outrun collectables for the opportunity to voice out concerns and also speak on the difficulties they are experiencing as we?re all human!

A+++++ to this small business!!!
Really, thank you SO very much for writing this. It honestly speaks to the community as a whole and why I decided to pursue this to begin with.

I haven’t been able speak yet publicly to the difficulties we’ve been having with our previous fulfilment centre and had really hoped things would be moving more quickly on their end to finalize everything so we could address all this.

I was extremely disappointed by the quality and care offered by this company, as were many people who reached out to let us know about their experiences. I had worked extremely hard from day one to make sure packages were prepared with attention and care, treating everything sold as if it was the one thing that person had always been looking for. After seeing a lack of commitment to quality service, along with a host of other issues around our order fulfilment, we made the decision quickly to end our contact with them. Needless to say, we had some very hard (and very expensive) lessons over the past month, but have come out of it more committed than ever to bringing our service levels to the highest quality possible.

I am extremely happy to announce that we are fully moving all fulfilment back in-house, and will continue to improve and add to what we offer as a store in the coming weeks and months. We’ve reinstated the Pile of Loot system, now called Save & Continue, and just today launched The Vintage Collection on Instagram, showcasing some of the retro and vintage pieces we have available in the store. We’ll also be bringing some people on as part of the team for the first time ever to give me a hand with running the store (something my fianc? is specifically very happy about!).

Ultimately the responsibility falls on me to make sure Outrun Collectibles is a reliable source for avid and casual collectors alike. I hope if you’ve gotten the opportunity to interact with me in the past, you would see that I’m truly dedicated to making this my life’s work. I hope that any experience that may have been caused by these services over the past few months is something I can address with you personally and do my best to earn back your continued business.

Please reach out to me directly here in this thread, DM or at info@outruncollectibles.ca if there’s anything you want to talk about! Thanks again for this really kind response, it’s been a major morale booster.

Last edited by OutrunChris; 07-18-2022 at 07:25 PM.
OutrunChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:14 PM   #53
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quick question. Any word when that TMNT Retro Blimp is coming in ?
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 05:24 AM   #54
OutrunChris
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Quick question. Any word when that TMNT Retro Blimp is coming in ?
We?ll be having a bunch of those going out this week! PM me your order number and I?ll make sure yours is taken care of. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2022, 05:19 PM   #55
OutrunChris
Red Shirt

Newest Hasbro drops straight from SDCC. Check out the latest Dragonzord from Power Rangers, the Transformers Deluxe DK-3 and of course, the one and only GI Joe Classified Sgt. Slaughter! Use Save & Continue to bundle your orders and save on shipping!

https://outruncollectibles.ca/collections/pre-orders
Old 10-11-2022, 11:23 PM   #56
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Leaving this here for those with outstanding orders...long story short he's closing up shop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjlXfV5O774/
Old 10-12-2022, 08:02 PM   #57
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Bumping this if you have outstanding orders you should look into the post above for info !
Old 10-17-2022, 11:06 AM   #58
Canonpipes
Red Shirt

Anybody have success getting a reply from them? I see the posts on their Facebook page and it seems like they've been hit with non-stop setbacks (walking boot and now Covid). I'm losing faith that this will have a positive outcome.
Canonpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:04 PM   #59
pandaprime
Master of the Universe

i did receive a reply 3 days after i sent my message and fortunately my item did end up being in stock and should be shipped in the next two weeks. *sigh of relief*

Per their website banner:
OUTRUN COLLECTIBLES IS CLOSED. IF YOU HAVE AN OUTSTANDING ORDER PLEASE CONTACT REFUND@OUTRUNCOLLECTIBLES.CA TO PROCESS. THIS WEBSITE WILL CLOSE AT THE BEGINNING OF NOVEMBER. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ANY NEW ORDERS AS THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CANCELLED.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:01 PM   #60
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I'm still waiting for them to respond as I did one order with them. I only did it cause of the coupon code to get a discount. Let's hope they respond soon and that they have everything I ordered in stock.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free shipping, orders, pile of loot, retailer, store