ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-22-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Plastic free packaging may not be going away completely

So I saw this mentioned during the Full Force Youtube stream earlier today, and then it was also posted on Yakface:

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2022/...-bubble-stays/

So it looks like they are backtracking a bit, and most of their classic/retro 3.75" lines will maintain plastic bubbles.

Specifically Star Wars Vintage & Retro, Marvel Retro and GI Joe Retro. Basically saying that those lines have the bubbles as part of the "product experience" and they are usually retained by fans for display. They will also be switching to either plant based, or recycled plastic for the bubbles going forward.

So I guess we won't be losing all plastic in the future. However they seem to be specifying 3.75" as keeping the plastic. What does that mean for 6" Retro going forward? I hazard a guess that they will also maintain the plastic bubble since that is part of the "product experience" for fans, especially ML Retro, and maybe GI Joe.

Otherwise it looks like we will have to settle for cardboard boxes for everything else. Although they have conveniently left themselves some wiggle room for the future. I mean why not shrink the plastic windows like they have already been doing and then switch to recycled plastic, or plant based alternatives? I guess sales, and any possible future problems will dictate whether or not they go back on that part of the plan.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:01 PM   #2
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Plastic free packaging may not be going away completely

Consumers need to keep up the pressure for Hasbro not to switch to window-less boxes.

I just got my order of 3 Dragstrips the other day and all 3 had crappy paintjobs that I never would've accepted had I seen them in the store. Another reason why I don't like online shopping and prefer going into the store to see the paint apps before buying.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote