ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 01-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I.Joe Skyfighter $20 at Walmart Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
does Canada Walmart just Hackjack other retailers' exclusive toys stocks recently ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Skystriker was a Zellers/Target exclusive. It was just that Zellers & Target got the items first before the other retailers.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Skystriker was a Zellers/Target exclusive. It was just that Zellers & Target got the items first before the other retailers.
true, TRU in the states carried the skystriker
Old 01-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
Morgardee
Super Friend

The Skystriker was not intended to be a Target / Zellers only item. Zellers was the only store in Canada that agreed to carry the full line of G.I. Joe toys. Walmart only wanted the figures and I forget what TRU was but it was a very light load. Hasbro Canada said this at the last Canadian Joe Convention.

I am surprised to see that Walmart has these, which is why I think Hasbro Canada is going to blow out their 30th anniversary inventory. Remember why the movie Night raven and wave 3 Alpha vehicles were on supper clearance prices a couple of years back? That is why I suspect we will see the same thing here. I really think there is a warehouse full of Crimson Hiss tanks sitting somewhere in Canada that needs to move asap. Watch the usually places, Walmart, Winners and Giant Tiger. One of those places is going to have those things show up in the next few months for $10 - $14.99. The tank is OK but the driver is GREAT.
Morgardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Oh boy, I hope these show up here too. I could use a few more to build a squadron.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #25
TTT
OutOfCommissionToys.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIT View Post
Have you checked either yet? let me know if ya see em and I'll do the same
Haven't checked but don't need anymore I'm good.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #26
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgardee View Post
The Skystriker was not intended to be a Target / Zellers only item. Zellers was the only store in Canada that agreed to carry the full line of G.I. Joe toys. Walmart only wanted the figures and I forget what TRU was but it was a very light load. Hasbro Canada said this at the last Canadian Joe Convention.

I am surprised to see that Walmart has these, which is why I think Hasbro Canada is going to blow out their 30th anniversary inventory. Remember why the movie Night raven and wave 3 Alpha vehicles were on supper clearance prices a couple of years back? That is why I suspect we will see the same thing here. I really think there is a warehouse full of Crimson Hiss tanks sitting somewhere in Canada that needs to move asap. Watch the usually places, Walmart, Winners and Giant Tiger. One of those places is going to have those things show up in the next few months for $10 - $14.99. The tank is OK but the driver is GREAT.
You are probably right. The Joes maybe sitting somewhere waiting to be put on the shelves, but with the movie coming out they may be trying to figure out what to do with them. I wouldn't mind if they sold us the Joes for cheap though.

Yeah, that Crimson Horseman figure is awesome! I wouldn't mind getting multiples of that figure.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
You are probably right. The Joes maybe sitting somewhere waiting to be put on the shelves, but with the movie coming out they may be trying to figure out what to do with them. I wouldn't mind if they sold us the Joes for cheap though.

Yeah, that Crimson Horseman figure is awesome! I wouldn't mind getting multiples of that figure.
I don't get why they didn't get these out before Christmas? Even at $45 we couldn't keep these on the shelf at Zellers. I'm sure they could have even blown them out at $30, now they will make nothing on them and then decide GI Joe doesn't sell and not get much in. Well hopefully they get in the Crimson HISS!! for like $10! Army building time.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #28
VIT
Arashikage Weapons Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
Haven't checked but don't need anymore I'm good.
I wouldn't mind having a second, maybe a third. I went to the T&C lactation yesterday, they had almost 3 cases worth of blowtorch and CC. Makes me worry that the 30th figs hasbro says we're getting won't be coming at all.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
Morgardee
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIT View Post
I wouldn't mind having a second, maybe a third. I went to the T&C lactation yesterday, they had almost 3 cases worth of blowtorch and CC. Makes me worry that the 30th figs hasbro says we're getting won't be coming at all.
You and me both. That's why I started to pre-order cases from HJL collectibles. I know the guy that runs that place and his mark up is minimal. That way I know I'll be getting everything. I just wish I did that with the Storm Shadow wave. Grrrr. Who would have guessed that figure was going to be a hot item?
Morgardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #30
TFtoys
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
I don't get why they didn't get these out before Christmas? Even at $45 we couldn't keep these on the shelf at Zellers. I'm sure they could have even blown them out at $30, now they will make nothing on them and then decide GI Joe doesn't sell and not get much in. Well hopefully they get in the Crimson HISS!! for like $10! Army building time.
I guest the transformers seem the be the first choice to go on the shelf first. so they put back regular price one week before Christmas for the deluxe and then put the metalic bb from costco on sale. Skyfighter just have to wait until those have shelf space.

so what's the reason of the costco metalic bb then ? skyfighter was not exclusive in US but seem to be exlusive at Canada, zellers though. When will Walmart get MP or Unicron for clearance?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote