ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 12-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
Robimus
Super Moderator
Star Wars Black Series Wave 9 Released in Canada

Thanks to a report from StarwarsTF we now know that the Star Wars Black Series Wave 9 has been released in Canada. This wave includes Darth Revan, Sabine, Princess Leia, Snowtrooper, Obi Wan Kenobie and AT-AT Pilot.

Initial sightings of this wave are from a Walmart in Ontario.

Please share what action figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2079
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	9384  

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Obliterator999
Red Shirt
Obliterator999's Ebay Auctions
Re: Star Wars Black Series Wave 9 Released in Canada

I saw a Obiwan, Sabine and Leah at a Walmart in Quebec as well.
Obliterator999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I spotted parts of this wave at an EB Games here in Hamilton, ON, so check your local EB Games as well!
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #4
Gphalen
Reviewer of Stuffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I spotted parts of this wave at an EB Games here in Hamilton, ON, so check your local EB Games as well!

Eb has been a great source for Newer figures before everywhere else in Ontario recently. Also don`t forget to check out oddly Chapters, The Bay just started getting toys back. was Able to scoop up the Poe Dameron Riot Control trooper (Target Exclusive when first released) for $59 a few weeks ago when it came to me to check there.. Sears as well. But EB has been awesome they also carry Walgreens Exclusives. which is great since no Walgreens in . If we could get a Supplier of Target Exclusives in Canada that would be awesome.
Gphalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gphalen View Post
Eb has been a great source for Newer figures before everywhere else in Ontario recently. Also don`t forget to check out oddly Chapters, The Bay just started getting toys back. was Able to scoop up the Poe Dameron Riot Control trooper (Target Exclusive when first released) for $59 a few weeks ago when it came to me to check there.. Sears as well. But EB has been awesome they also carry Walgreens Exclusives. which is great since no Walgreens in . If we could get a Supplier of Target Exclusives in Canada that would be awesome.
Re: Target Exclusives...IF the Bay continues to sell figures post Xmas season they will be the ones to carry the Taget stuff, as they are actually owned by the Target company.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #6
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Re: Target Exclusives...IF the Bay continues to sell figures post Xmas season they will be the ones to carry the Taget stuff, as they are actually owned by the Target company.
I thought that as well, but it's actually not true. The Bay is owned by a Private equity firm called NRDC, who also owns Saks Fifth Ave and Target is its own thing.

I think that the Bay sold Zellers and the real-estate to Target to which they quickly shoreward it up.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #7
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I thought that as well, but it's actually not true. The Bay is owned by a Private equity firm called NRDC, who also owns Saks Fifth Ave and Target is its own thing.

I think that the Bay sold Zellers and the real-estate to Target to which they quickly shoreward it up.
Weird, I used to work for the Bay around the time of the whole Target drama. I was under the impression that Target (or whatever the company is that owns Target) had bought up everything under the HBC banner...so The Bay, Zellers and Home outfitters.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

I picked up this wave in full from Wal-Mart last week.

I lucked out and they were opening the case right there, I just took the entire box to checkout.

I got a Darth Revan off Amazon as well to have one to open. So glad I have this wave done with.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #9
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post

Yes. Target just bought the leases to the buildings Zellers were in. Zellers is still owned by The Bay(HBC) and I think they still operate 2 stores as discount outlets for The Bay. Target is still the biggest retail disaster ever in Canada lol. I miss Zellers! Now off to check if our Walmart have this wave in yet.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #10
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

There was talk a few years before Target came here about them buying HBC, but it never came to fruition. That may be where some of the confusion is coming from.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, darth, mandalorian, revan, sabine, snowtrooper, star wars