ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-14-2020, 04:59 PM   #191
Jamikaze
Red Shirt
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Online/Pre Order Sightings Thread

I just picked up my Metalhead yesterday from EB Games, I'm not seeing any stock information online about Casey and Ralph at my local EB store over the past month. I don't want to take a chance so I called another store nearby and gonna pick up from that location tonight.
Jamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:52 PM   #192
DarthDarko
Super Friend

My Tokka and Rahzar arrived today. Got charged $19.49 when I picked them up at the post office. Despite that I’m happy with my purchase. They are excellent figures!
DarthDarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:22 AM   #193
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDarko View Post
My Tokka and Rahzar arrived today. Got charged $19.49 when I picked them up at the post office. Despite that I’m happy with my purchase. They are excellent figures!
Same with me. Kinda surprised at the charge, since the set was under $150, but I'm sure there's some legal BS explanation for it lol.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:27 AM   #194
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Same with me. Kinda surprised at the charge, since the set was under $150, but I'm sure there's some legal BS explanation for it lol.
Why would you be surprised? Anything over $20 is subject to tax and duty. Just YMMV depending on who inspects the package coming in is all.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:29 AM   #195
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Why would you be surprised? Anything over $20 is subject to tax and duty. Just YMMV depending on who inspects the package coming in is all.
I thought there was some new provision where anything under $150 wasn't hit with duty fees. Guess I'm wrong on that!
Old 12-16-2020, 12:37 AM   #196
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I thought there was some new provision where anything under $150 wasn't hit with duty fees. Guess I'm wrong on that!

From an article which is pretty good at explaining what's happening:

Quote:
Canadians who buy online from stores in the United States or Mexico will get a bit of reprieve from taxes and duties next week but only if their packages are delivered by a private courier.

If Canada Post is the one tapped to drop the package in the mailbox or on the doorstep, the old rules will still apply, leaving a two-tiered tax system for the same goods.
and

Quote:
It used to be that any goods purchased and imported by mail or courier would be subject to duty and GST if the total value was anything over $20. On July 1, that threshold is rising to $40 before GST gets applied and $150 before customs duties are added, for all packages delivered by couriers such as FedEx or UPS.

The changes do not include Canada Post, for which all tax and duties will continue to be applied after $20. It means if consumers have a choice in how their package is shipped, they can choose to avoid paying the GST by picking a private courier. But consumers don't always have that choice, said Stairs.
And you have to remember it's $20 Canadian. Hope that helps!
Old 12-16-2020, 12:51 AM   #197
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Very helpful, thank you!

"The changes do not include Canada Post, for which all tax and duties will continue to be applied after $20. It means if consumers have a choice in how their package is shipped, they can choose to avoid paying the GST by picking a private courier. But consumers don't always have that choice, said Stairs."

That makes sense then. This package was delivered by Canada Post so those changes would not have applied.

Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2020, 01:06 AM   #198
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

You're welcome. It was a little confusing when it was first announced and just fell off the radar with the pandemic.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #199
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Just got mine today but the delivery slip arrived yesterday. Also had a $19.49 customs charge. But it's a nice set.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:19 PM   #200
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Yup Tokka and Rahzar I just picked up from the post office and Indeed it was 19.49 custom fees...
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote