ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-21-2020, 12:57 AM   #1
Xtreme987
Jedi Knight
Think this is a good idea for the sightings at this time ?

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=79201

I certainly do.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:00 AM   #2
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Think this is a good idea for the sightings at this time ?

Nobody is forcing anyone to go out and toy hunt, sightings or not. That being said people are generally stupid, and there's alot of it going around right now...

Slight turn. I'm not sure whose dumber. The EB's executives that made the stores stay open to fill preorders, the idiots who lined up for their own self interests or the idiots on twitter saying now that now they're closed "but what about my game preorder in 2 weeks..."

Wasn't Walmart & Bestbuy also selling the same games today ?

Gah why can't people just weigh the options to the situation and react accordingly ?!

Last edited by sixshot1981; 03-21-2020 at 01:14 AM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

All I will offer is to encourage people to follow the rules set out by their regional governments.

Stay safe everyone.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:22 PM   #4
Gphalen
Reviewer of Stuffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Nobody is forcing anyone to go out and toy hunt, sightings or not. That being said people are generally stupid, and there's alot of it going around right now...

Slight turn. I'm not sure whose dumber. The EB's executives that made the stores stay open to fill preorders, the idiots who lined up for their own self interests or the idiots on twitter saying now that now they're closed "but what about my game preorder in 2 weeks..."

Wasn't Walmart & Bestbuy also selling the same games today ?

Gah why can't people just weigh the options to the situation and react accordingly ?!

Where to even begin.... You Old? a Toddler? got a pre existing condition? Then what is your issue? People are loosing their minds because their source of information had been delivering misinformation even though they had the facts. The Corvid 19 virus is a flu a bit stronger than usual but that's it, You get fever and chills and puke and in a few days it gets better. Its not say S.a.R`s or H1N1 that China has released upon the world in the past two decades its not going to kill you unless your in those three categories. People just need to take percautions. I mean its great you want to self isolate for your own safety HOWEVER, Costco Walmart every Grocery Store is still open still full of employees and they are by law not allowed to close they have to remain open to serve the public to ensure food supply, Distribution centers are considered an essential service they have on average 450 employees each that work 24/7 they all cant afford to sit home. Not everyone is cowering at home they can`t afford to!
Gphalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

It’s not a flu, it’s not just a bit stronger than usual. Trust me you don’t want to come to the hospital with me or my sister in law right now, put on what increasingly limited PPE is available and expose yourself during high risk procedures. It’s a rapidly spiralling nightmare. Stay home, minimize your outings to only the essential, pray for rapid drug development and better leadership. This may last a long time. Things have dramatically changed in the just the last few days.

Last edited by Marvellegendsguy; 03-21-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #6
MatrixPrime
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gphalen View Post
Where to even begin.... You Old? a Toddler? got a pre existing condition? Then what is your issue? People are loosing their minds because their source of information had been delivering misinformation even though they had the facts. The Corvid 19 virus is a flu a bit stronger than usual but that's it, You get fever and chills and puke and in a few days it gets better. Its not say S.a.R`s or H1N1 that China has released upon the world in the past two decades its not going to kill you unless your in those three categories. People just need to take percautions. I mean its great you want to self isolate for your own safety HOWEVER, Costco Walmart every Grocery Store is still open still full of employees and they are by law not allowed to close they have to remain open to serve the public to ensure food supply, Distribution centers are considered an essential service they have on average 450 employees each that work 24/7 they all cant afford to sit home. Not everyone is cowering at home they can`t afford to!
Can you please state for the class where you got your medical degree?

Stay the F*** home if you can.

You may not get symptoms but you might be a carrier for the virus and pass it on to someone who will get ill - or even worse - die from those symptoms. Like the high risk ones you mentioned in your post.

Please check the severity of the situation in other countries and how they are losing hundreds by the day.

We're not self isolating for the healthy, we're self isolating for the ones who aren't.

Once again.

Stay the F*** home.

Grow up.
MatrixPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #7
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
You a doctor or a medical professional? I'm glad we have your expert opinion now on the matter.

You self isolate not just for yourself but to stop community spread. What's the death for seniors and vulnerable people 10%?! What's the infection rate of vulnerable people exposed to others?

The issue is the government is trying to stop this from becoming something bigger than it currently is. We just need to look to areas like Italy and Iran to see the results when actions are not taken in time.

If those staying home are cowering than those who ignore common sense for their own selfish needs are just on the opposite end of that spectrum. Show me a serious medical professional taking this lightly as a slightly strong flu.

I mean if facts and professionals can't convince people to take precautions to help stop a young person who will recover from potentially spreading it to someone who it could hurt or kill them... Then I guess nothing will help.

Just so we're clear your defense is comparing my comments about a company that sells video games and toys being open to a grocery store that sells food which is essential? At this point why be informed when you can use your feelings as facts... Sigh

Anyways I'm not arguing with a random keyboard warrior - who isn't understanding the scope of my point on those who weren't taking your said precautions in a line which garnered my comment in the first place - on the internet. Good luck to you and your ignorance on the subject.

Last edited by sixshot1981; 03-21-2020 at 05:00 PM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:03 PM   #8
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Quote:
oh man, this guy...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #9
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

From the posts I've seen from him, Gphalen is someone known to talk more than a little bit out of his southbound end, and his latest post is no exception.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:44 AM   #10
ssjgoku22
Mutant

I agree, stay home unless you need something essential like food. We really have never seen an epidemic of this proportion ever, so to take such a chance just to get some toys is extremely irresponsible. Give this stuff a break for now and keep yourself and loved ones safe at home. There is no argument here. We care for each other, so take some good advice and do the right thing.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 03-22-2020 at 05:54 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote