ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #221
Zone55555
Clonetrooper
Re: Star Wars Vintage Collection First Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Imperial Commando is kinda interesting, as is the trecnch run set. That one looks to be great fro MIB collectors.
I'm going to have to look very closely at the trench run set, as I already have everything in there unless they're updated the molds or the decos in any significant ways.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #222
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hey Star Wars fans! Fan's of Boba Fett will be able to get their hands on another exciting mail away of the galaxies most feared bounty hunter this year! The Prototype Armor Boba Fett, based off an early concept version of the character used for The Empire Strikes Back, will only be available through mail-away starting in late 2011-early 2012. As with past promotions, UPC's from mass retail figures from the Vintage, Clone Wars, and Saga Legends line will be accepted.

However, with the campaign not starting for a few months still, we still have some time to kill. Thus, our friends over at Sandtroopers.com were kind enough to pass on a nice packaged look at this future mail-away exclusive. This looks to be one beautiful figure, with the same great looking paint and detail that has been Hasbro's Star Wars line for quite some time.

So, while the figure campaign may still be a few months away, sit back and enjoy these beautiful shots of, what I feel, will be another hotly anticipated Star Wars figure for the coming year!

Thanks to Sandtroopers.com for passing these on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (39.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (52.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (69.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (81.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (41.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (38.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (38.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (45.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (55.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (59.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (30.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (73.0 KB, 5 views)

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #223
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hey Star Wars Fans!

Wishing you were in the States right now so you could grab the TRU Exclusive Delta Squad and TFU II packs? Well, according to TRU.ca, we'll be getting these sets in late August - early September.

I asked:

When can Canadian Collectors expect to find the TRU Exclusive Republic Commando Delta Squad and TFU II sets and here was their response...

Hi John, we have Star Wars Video Game figures that will be arriving end of August, start of September.

So, not much longer now.

Facebook
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #224
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Star Wars: Republic Commando set has been released in Canada!!! It was sighted at a TRU in British Columbia!!! Start keeping your eyes peeled for this uber sexy set!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RC%20TRU.jpg (16.7 KB, 6 views)

Facebook
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #225
Sam
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Star Wars: Republic Commando set has been released in Canada!!! It was sighted at a TRU in British Columbia!!! Start keeping your eyes peeled for this uber sexy set!!!
Just curious. How much are they priced at?
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #226
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Just curious. How much are they priced at?
I believe the regular price was $49.99 each.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #227
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Got some nice, new shots of the soon-to-be-released Vintage Collection Landspeeder from Yakface.com this afternoon. It features a beautifully weather-worn deco and includes Luke's rifle from ANH, that clips onto the side of the vehicle.

Got to love that vintage style packaging too!

Thanks for passing this on, Yakface.com!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (71.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (32.0 KB, 7 views)

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 08-31-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #228
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hasbro has just announced their next Fan's Choice Poll

From Hasbro:

Hasbro is pleased to once again invite you to help determine its next STAR WARS Fans’ Choice figure!

We will be polling our readers to again compile a top 10 list for submission on Wednesday, Sept 28, 2011. All polling result lists will be combined together (each outlet getting an equal voice) with the #1 character on each list worth 10 points, the #2 character worth 9 points, the #3 worth 8 points, etc. The resultant point values will be used to generate the final ballot of 20 choices, which will be announced in October by STAR WARS Insider.

Fans will then be able to vote on STAR WARS Insider’s site for their favorite character out of the Top 20, and the character with the most votes as of November 31 will be the new STAR WARS Fans’ Choice figure! The winning character will be announced at Hasbro’s 2012 Collector-Fan Media Day event at Toy Fair in New York in February 2012.

Please note: any characters selected from the current STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series would be done in a realistic style.

So, who do you want? Talon Karrde? Canderous Ordo? Derrick LaRone? Cast your vote today! More news at it develops! Thanks to Yakface.com for passing this news our way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fanschoice.jpg (51.5 KB, 1 views)

Facebook
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #229
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

An eBay auction surfaced today for a loose TVC Fan's Choice Bastila Shan, which has made its appearance known overseas and should be hitting retail in Canada and the USA in the coming months. So, today we have a nice looking loose shot of the figure thanks to our friends over at Jedi Defender!

Also, Hasbro has released details and the redemption form for this year's mail away figure: TVC Prototype Armor Boba Fett, on their site. 5-UPC codes are needed from Star Wars action figures, as well as a MO or cheque for $6.99 US or $8.99 CDN and all forms must be received by Mar. 31st, 2012.

So, start saving today! Get your redemption form and further details here:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US...boba-offer.cfm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011TVC_Wave8BastillaShanLoose01_Full.jpg (43.5 KB, 7 views)

Facebook
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #230
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post

So, who do you want? Talon Karrde? Canderous Ordo? Derrick LaRone? Cast your vote today! More news at it develops! Thanks to Yakface.com for passing this news our way!
I think Talon Karrde already has a figure and they would be too tempted to make Larone out of a generic Stromtrooper.

Canderous would be very awesome, but my first choices would still be Gilad Pellaeon and Kyp Durron.

Too bad the voting isn't compeletly wide open, but by website. It doesn't seem like we'll get a say.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 09-06-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote