ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Toys “R” Us continues normal business operations across Canada

With the news that Toys"R"Us in the United States is closing, the Toys"R"Us Canada facebook page...

More...
Old 03-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #2
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: Toys “R” Us continues normal business operations across Canada

Well, I spent my gift card just in case.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
Xtreme987
Jedi Knight

Good news for Canada. Not so much for U.S. however at least they still have Target.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #4
lunchbox83
Clonetrooper

Can Canada get the US' exclusives that never showed up here? Is that even a possibility?
lunchbox83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #5
SkitchDC
Clonetrooper

Lol it wont be long our countries investors are just naive..... Hasbro and Mattel fucking killed Toys R Us theres literally stacks and stacks of figures and girl dols from both brands that have been sitting for years. Everytime i step foot in a Toys R Us i see the following:

Stacks(50-100) of beat up dusty black series
Pegs full of shitty transformers
Stacks of shitty multiverse figures
Giant racks of 100+ crap like electronic figures rc cars and stuff like millenium falcon giant playsets
Tons of new deformed style barbies you cant dress or customize
The list goes on and on

Its just crap they receive by the truckload from mattel and hasbro like wtf did nobody in their stores notice this crap wasnt selling and to stop buying it.....

Action figures for example why keep buying these assorted boxes from hasbro that repack figures nobody wants just refuse to carry them.....The toymakers will adjust.....

Their online is so garbage and terrible it looks like something i could make on wix or shopify.....

Their stores are constantly mismanaged by people who have no idea about toys.....

All easy fixes that toys r us just seemed like they didnt give a fuck. Its very sad but I saw it coming I actually said this last year looks at all the crappy star wars saying hasbro is gonna drive away all their business and they did....... Use your giftcards guys it wont be long.
SkitchDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:33 AM   #6
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Yeah I'm also inclined to think that TRU Canada isn't far behind. The writting is officially on the wall in the US and UK , so how they think they can sustain here in Canada is a bit of a mystery to me. My local TRU looks full but they are full of the same inventory month after month that just looks like it's not selling through. The old stuff is never discounted deep enough to make me think twice about picking up anything I have ever passed on. ML for example: there are some figures id consider picking up to complete some BAFs but not for the fractional discounts they have offered...and this stuff has been sitting for a good year at least.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 03-16-2018 at 07:36 AM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #7
SkitchDC
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Yeah I'm also inclined to think that TRU Canada isn't far behind. The writting is officially on the wall in the US and UK , so how they think they can sustain here in Canada is a bit of a mystery to me. My local TRU looks full but they are full of the same inventory month after month that just looks like it's not selling through. The old stuff is never discounted deep enough to make me think twice about picking up anything I have ever passed on. ML for example: there are some figures id consider picking up to complete some BAFs but not for the fractional discounts they have offered...and this stuff has been sitting for a good year at least.
^ This exactly. Like i said as well they have no curation or people who care about toys they just like distributors send them tons and tons of crap. I remember when i was young beast wars was hot but there was lots of pegwarmers. I specifically remember this flyer that had a sale on them which was crazy but it was literally on listed figures so certain figures from assortment were different prices. THIS WAS GENIUS! All kids of things like that TOYSRUS invented preordering games another good way to nap early money. It just seems like they dont care so why would their customers......
Old 03-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #8
Gphalen
Reviewer of Stuffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
I`ll Just repost this right here...

March 15, 2018

To our valued Canadian customers,

Toys “R” Us, Inc. announced the difficult decision to seek court approval in its Chapter 11 proceedings to wind-down its business operations in the United States. Our team members in Canada are very saddened to hear of this outcome and we are all keeping our U.S. colleagues in our thoughts during this very difficult time.

In Canada, all 82 stores remain open for business to serve you, our customers, honouring all our policies, warranties, Baby Registry, Gift Cards and RClub loyalty programs without change. We are taking the necessary steps to ensure the iconic Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us brands live on for many generations to come in Canada.

Our team continues to work hard at strengthening our competitive position and making the improvements necessary to ensure that we have the products when, where and how you choose to shop with us. Our Canadian operations are continuing in the normal course and we continue to partner with the trend products you want from the brands that you trust.

For the past 34 years, we have proudly served Canada as the trend authority in toy and baby and we remain the champions of play and trusted advisors helping people become parents.

Thank you for choosing to say “yes” to shop and support Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us Canada! We are proud to continue to welcome you in Canada coast to coast in store and online at www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca for all of your toy and baby needs.

Melanie Teed-Murch, President
Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us Canada
Gphalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Not sure why people are so negative. We get to keep all our stores yet everyone is just so pessimistic.

TRU Canada is being bought by MGA Entertainment, they make Bratz and Little Tykes along with other stuff. They want our stores because they are extremely profitable in Canada. It is because we still like shopping at brick and mortar in this country.

Online accounts for 3.4% of all retail sales in Canada. In the USA it's almost 40%.

I'm happy to have them continue here and so long as the stores continue to be profitable as they are then we should be good.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:31 AM   #10
SkitchDC
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
Not sure why people are so negative. We get to keep all our stores yet everyone is just so pessimistic.

TRU Canada is being bought by MGA Entertainment, they make Bratz and Little Tykes along with other stuff. They want our stores because they are extremely profitable in Canada. It is because we still like shopping at brick and mortar in this country.

Online accounts for 3.4% of all retail sales in Canada. In the USA it's almost 40%.

I'm happy to have them continue here and so long as the stores continue to be profitable as they are then we should be good.
We arent pessimistic its just most TRU suck they dont stock the things that the majority of us buy. They have a bad site.

I think it could be an improvement to get rid of them to be honest. There isnt that many stores they have exclusives that are a pain. Its a chance for local hobby and toy shops to get more business. TRU is just like a girlfriend/boyfriend you think is really gonna change but she/he never does......at some point you gotta just be like I am done with this place.

Again some people here like TRU and some dont. What can you do?