ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-07-2023, 03:48 PM   #3941
Ozrein
Red Shirt
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
Completely fair points about shipping and duties. I tend to use the Pile of Loot and ship in smaller batches, so I don't usually get hit for much but 20% is rough when you don't expect it.

The price has been corrected now anyhow.

I'm only just starting to weigh the pros/cons between BBTS and Pulse with the shipping changes. Trying to figure out the following scenario: you place an order that qualifies for free shipping at Pulse, but they start mailing it out in pieces as it's ready. Do you get charged shipping on each batch then, or not at all?
None at all. Even if you?re paying a shipping fee with Pulse, you only pay that once per complete order, even if that complete order ships in multiple shipments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Huge boxes valued at high amounts is pretty hard to over look which is why I'm guessing most people have been getting unlucky? That is unless small orders with lower items get dinged often too.
I?ve only avoided customs on items around $50-60 or less. Anything around 100 or more will almost always get dinged. But it?s not unheard of to get customs charges on items around 50. You?re only really safe if it?s 20 or less since that?s the official value allowed with zero duties.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:58 PM   #3942
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
Completely fair points about shipping and duties. I tend to use the Pile of Loot and ship in smaller batches, so I don't usually get hit for much but 20% is rough when you don't expect it.

The 60th figure prices have been corrected now anyhow.

I'm only just starting to weigh the pros/cons between BBTS and Pulse with the shipping changes. Trying to figure out the following scenario: you place an order that qualifies for free shipping at Pulse, but they start mailing it out in pieces as it's ready. Do you get charged shipping on each batch then, or not at all?
Pulse charges the tax and shipping (if any) up front, and ships when items become available. No duties or customs fees from Pulse (but no avoiding taxes, either).
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:00 PM   #3943
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Yeah BBTS isn't worth it anymore, but I guess you could try your luck now since the holiday craziness is the best time to avoid customs/duties since they are so swamped a lot of things get passed along. (They just can't reasonably check every item)

My last order from BBTS was cleared without getting dinged, but that was about 2 years ago and the total was just under $60US. So it really is a crap shoot otherwise.

Pulse with free shipping is probably my go to now for US orders since they charge you the taxes up front. That means when it shows up I don't have to worry about a surprise hit to the wallet.

As for today's reveals.......I LOVE THEM ALL!!! Great reveals one and all. But c'mon Hasbro I thought you were going to slow things down in 2024? I'm already behind on Classified with the @#$% tonne amount of product you released this year. I was hoping for a breather going into 2024.

What a terrible problem to have right?

Oh and I kind of want that paint error Techno-Viper Lenny showed off. Give it to us as an exclusive variant!!
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:21 PM   #3944
Shatterstar
Cobra Trooper

Gamestop

Techno-Viper

Big Boa

Quick Kick

Airborne

Retro Duke

Retro Scarlett

Retro Recondo

60th Anniversary Infantry

60th Anniversary Recon Diver
Shatterstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:26 PM   #3945
Ozrein
Red Shirt

Sweet. Thanks for the links.

Now hopefully Amazon.ca posts their listings soon. Since GameStop upped their free shipping limit, I‘ve been leaning more towards Amazon these days.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:48 PM   #3946
billyblak
Super Friend

Thanks for the links. Funny how they don't show up on their GI Joe page.
billyblak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:50 PM   #3947
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblak View Post
Thanks for the links. Funny how they don't show up on their GI Joe page.
Yes thanks Shatterstar!

They show up if you search for "G.I. Joe" with the dots. Otherwise they don't. It's stupid.

Last edited by philtastic; 12-07-2023 at 04:54 PM.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:59 PM   #3948
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I preordered all of them. Since I have 15% off at Gamestop.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:27 PM   #3949
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I preordered all of them. Since I have 15% off at Gamestop.
I'm kinda curious if they'll honour Edge pre-order prices with the changes coming to the Edge program.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:28 PM   #3950
Tiffster
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
I'm kinda curious if they'll honour Edge pre-order prices with the changes coming to the Edge program.
I Pre-ordered a few and they better honor edge pricing on them as long as order was placed before the changes.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote