ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-04-2022, 05:16 AM   #151
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
With all the other reputable options why do people keep ordering from this guy?!?
Sometimes you just have that benefit of doubt. Thinking it's all Canadian e-retailers. Same price and estimates. And NMC does have stuff in stock and have a physical store.
What you learn the hard way is NMC, unlike other stores, don't get stock the same time or have trouble fulfilling their pre-orders.

I sadly have some NECA stuff being delayed and Hasbro Power Rangers.
Even tho I have seen online stores in stock and local shops have them in stock. NMC still does not have them in stock. And you get the BS response when you ask about your order. Always tell you to go check the webpage.... How hard is it to answer a damn straight forward answer.

I end up just asking for store credit and canceled my pre-orders. It's taking too long. And don't want to deal with the 5% fee BS.

Lessons learned, just order another that's in stock. Do not pre-order with NMC. They take money up front.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:12 PM   #152
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

I don't think he even orders product most of time. It's some toy ponzi scheme probably.
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:56 PM   #153
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Thanks for sharing your experience and great advice. There was a guy on Facebook that was going to attempt getting a refund on a NECA Krang and will share this post with him.

Ridiculous that he is still in business.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 11:35 AM   #154
steveslites
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
With all the other reputable options why do people keep ordering from this guy?!?
I didn't look around at reviews before I bought from him, and I made most of these purchases back in the late 2020 / early 2021 time frame.

Plus, I lived in Toronto, so I could pick the items up and save the shipping costs.

My mistake and I look at tons of reviews now before I purchase anything.

I can only hope my reviews and comments help others realize this is a horrible business before they fall into the trap as well.
steveslites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 11:44 AM   #155
steveslites
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbaDee View Post
The PDF of his emails to you are amazing, and I've only read one of them haha

"stop terrorizing me and impacting my mental health"

"you are literally giving me a panic attack with this harassment"

How many times do you think this soup sandwich of a man has unironically called someone a snowflake?
Ya. I had a good laugh at most of his replies but kept my responses on point and professional. One of us had to be the adult.

I can only assume its his way of trolling and/or trying to take control of a situation by acting that way. I was very polite and mainly kept my emails to facts and what I required to consider the issue resolved. Clearly he didn't like that he couldn't get under my skin and I stuck to what I required.

If only he put a fraction of the time he spends on these insane replies into doing actual proper customer service and following up with manufacturers / distributors.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:45 AM   #156
steveslites
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience and great advice. There was a guy on Facebook that was going to attempt getting a refund on a NECA Krang and will share this post with him.

Glad the post was informative.

Hopefully that person is able to use the advice to their advantage and get a proper resolution that they are happy with.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #157
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

NMC is as bad as the Northman movie!
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #158
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post

Yeah. I still need a NECA Krang but I'll wait until he actual has stock.
I think NMC may have taken more than they can handle.
I've seen stuff in stock and At the end 80% of my NECA pre-orders have been fulfilled. Krang I've seen stores got him, come and gone. NECA's Super Shredder, same thing and yet he didn't fulfill my order so I'm canceling mine.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 11:37 PM   #159
NMCToyHate
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveslites View Post
\His eventual reply was that if I wanted the rest of the money then he would see me in small claims court. I am still deciding how far I am willing to take this over the small amount I am still owed.

\
I literally created this account to say take him to court! Seriously, do not let him keep a cent of your hard earned money after the abuse he threw at you and the headache he caused you.

Make him get off his ass and see you in court, and set a precedent with this for anyone else's money that he tries to take 5% of when he ultimately fails to deliver on his agreements. You had a contract with him, he broke it by failing to deliver. Even disregarding consumer protection laws, contract law has established this plainly. The contract is void as a result of him breaking it and as such his clause that states he gets to keep 5% is also void and of no effect.

Seriously, take him to court. You could easily represent yourself on this (the emails are damning enough and I'd love to see a judge give Austin a dressing down after reading how he not only twists and misconstrues the law but also his unhinged, abusive rants).

Or, go the route of seeing a lawyer for a free consult and potentially starting a class action with other people who have been wronged (this thread and the one on cybertron.ca has at least 100 plaintiffs).

Please don't give up on this. Defend your rights and the rights of others and take it to court!
NMCToyHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:32 PM   #160
steveslites
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMCToyHate View Post
I literally created this account to say take him to court! Seriously, do not let him keep a cent of your hard earned money after the abuse he threw at you and the headache he caused you.

Make him get off his ass and see you in court, and set a precedent with this for anyone else's money that he tries to take 5% of when he ultimately fails to deliver on his agreements. You had a contract with him, he broke it by failing to deliver. Even disregarding consumer protection laws, contract law has established this plainly. The contract is void as a result of him breaking it and as such his clause that states he gets to keep 5% is also void and of no effect.

Seriously, take him to court. You could easily represent yourself on this (the emails are damning enough and I'd love to see a judge give Austin a dressing down after reading how he not only twists and misconstrues the law but also his unhinged, abusive rants).

Or, go the route of seeing a lawyer for a free consult and potentially starting a class action with other people who have been wronged (this thread and the one on cybertron.ca has at least 100 plaintiffs).

Please don't give up on this. Defend your rights and the rights of others and take it to court!
Hey,

Sorry, I don't check this forum very often.

Thanks for the post.

I am still debating if I am going to take him to small claims court or not. Even representing myself, there are still costs associated with small claims, and though I know that I would easily win the case, there is no guarantee that the judge would award me costs as well. It would be great to see his face when a judge tells him he is wrong and has to pay me though.

If I do go to small claims and win, that is really just a slap on the wrist for him. What I really hope happens is that Consumer Protection Ontario gets enough complaints that they are able to open their own investigation into him. They would then have the power to impose terms and conditions on the business licenses and registrations, could suspend or even revoke their business licenses and registrations, and in some cases they could even give him a hefty fine and / or jail time. (though I am sure that is extremely rare)

That's why it is so important to get the information out there about Consumer Protection and encourage others to contact them and file complaints as well. Each contract (separate purchase) is able to have its own complaint filed against the business if they have broke the Act on that contract.

Please feel free to share anything I have posted so more people can be aware of their options and will hopefully reach out the Consumer Protection.