ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat
The LEGO thread

This is what is hopefully going to be the LEGO thread. I understand that with this site in relative infancy, traffic here may not pick up right away, but for any comments or questions about all things LEGO, be it the ever popular BIONICLE line, Castle, Power Miners or Star Wars, feel free to post here and discuss all things LEGO.

Myself, I just ordered the Clone Walker BP from TRU.ca five days ago, it should arrive tomorrow. I am excited. I'm also eager to post pictures of my custom minifigs and MOCs (My Own Creation) such as my Half-Life 2 Ep2 minifigs.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
4lott
Master of the Universe
Re: The LEGO thread

I just picked up Gresh. Pretty cool, but I'm stoked for the Mata Nui fig later this year. What I'm hoping to see at NYTF are more pics of the new Space Police line. I really like the look of the bad guy's vehicles and the new SP minifigs are awesome! Hopefully they'll also show more pics of the new Agents sets.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
jacobot
clone179

Not even on the main Lego site:
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Robimus
Super Moderator

Thats a sweet discovery! The Solar Sail, cool!

I've got a ton of Star Wars Lego myself, though I've fallen off a bit in recent years. I still really want the Star Destroyer released last year.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
4lott
Master of the Universe

I saw that today,too, but $75. is out of my price range.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

I have all six Glatorian and I must say, there is more win there than there has been in BIONICLE for quite some time. I also have the Agori, and while neat, they're mostly nothing to write home about. Much better than the Av-Matoran and I really love Tarduk. (for his character and design)

I have to remember to copy my reviews from TFW here. Once I finally get the Clone Walker I can finish my Half-Life minifigs and post them, too. (I really just need the driver's dark grey arms for Freeman, but the main reason I got the set is for the clones)

I also have the Assasin droids pack and Stormtrooper pack. Both are really funky. I love these little battle packs.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
4lott
Master of the Universe

Yeah, when I first got back into Lego about 10 years ago they had those nifty 3 packs w/ an "exclusive" minifig. Each came with a base and a backdrop. I'm happy minifig packs are back in the form of army builders.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Aha, here we are. I posted these on TFW and TOYARK, so I might as well post them here too for all my fellow Canadi-cans to view.

I actually used decals from this[/URL] Brickshelf page for Gordon and Alyx, merely changing Gordon's skin tone to match the head I used. Alyx was more modified though, to match the Ep2 look I was going for. Dog's face was custom.
Gordon Freeman and his crowbar:

With machine gun:

Gravity Gun, health and suit battery packs:

AR2 and Shotgun:

Revolver and RPG Launcher:

Alyx Vance and her pistol:

DOG:

Gordon and Alyx were chillin' in Freeman's ride...

...When suddenly HUNTERS attacked...

...Then a Strider showed up...

...And it was on.

I forgot to mention. Alyx's hair peice is the same peice as Gordon's, dremeled into shape and painted.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 01-30-2009 at 11:28 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
4lott
Master of the Universe

Excellent work! Are the torso and leg designs stickers? BTW, have you seen these?
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/inde...howtopic=25304 Beats Lego's own design hands down!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Yes, I have seen that. It's freaking you should mention it 'cuz I found it just browsing yesterday and was all like "that's hot shit". The only problem is the feet. It tried something like that and those parts broke after a while. The praise for it is a little crazy, though.

And If I had sticker paper, they would be stickers. As is, they're just printed paper with clear tape over them to hold it on and make it shiny.

While not LEGO related, has anyone heard that MEGA, makers of Megabloks is going to make LEGO style HALO WARS sets? Badassery. And yet still no official LEGO Half-Life.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 01-31-2009 at 10:04 AM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote