ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #21
boywu1985
Red Shirt
Re: Revoltech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Revoltech are awesome.

I always order from Amiami's english site. http://www.amiami.jp/shop?set=english

This is, IMO, best place to order import toys from. When you preorder, you can get good discounts. For example, the Optimus Prime is 20% off. Shipping the slow SAL method usually costs approximately $10 per revoltech figure. The faster EMS method with tracking usually costs about $15.

Another site is HLJ.com. If Amiami is old out, I go there. You get discounts there as well, but not as good in general. You don't need any other sites than those two, really. Just don't cancel too many preorders, as they don't tend to like that much.

If you like female figures, check out the Figma brand. Figma Mari is vastly superior, IMO, to the Revoltech ones. Figma is also branching out into the North American sci-fi market starting with amazing looking Robocop.
Hi! I read your message and I am also very interested in these two online stores. What I would like to ask is that what kinds of and usually how much extra payments you should pay (such as the duties, GST, HST, PST and other related fees) for these figures? I'm also living in BC but just two months and not quite familiar with the related fees of international transactions. Thank you : )

And do you have any revoltech figures to sell?
boywu1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #22
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywu1985 View Post
Hi! I read your message and I am also very interested in these two online stores. What I would like to ask is that what kinds of and usually how much extra payments you should pay (such as the duties, GST, HST, PST and other related fees) for these figures? I'm also living in BC but just two months and not quite familiar with the related fees of international transactions. Thank you : )

And do you have any revoltech figures to sell?
1) You won't be taxed at source (when you buy/pay), but you may be caught with duties, which are basically like paying typical BC Taxes on it. How often will you be charged? I don't know. It seems random as to how Customs charges people. In over two years of ordering overseas, I have only been hit with duties maybe three times. So it's not THAT often, but be prepared for it.

2) Not at this time, but I will keep you in mind if I ever do.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #23
boywu1985
Red Shirt

Quote:
1) You won't be taxed at source (when you buy/pay), but you may be caught with duties, which are basically like paying typical BC Taxes on it. How often will you be charged? I don't know. It seems random as to how Customs charges people. In over two years of ordering overseas, I have only been hit with duties maybe three times. So it's not THAT often, but be prepared for it.

2) Not at this time, but I will keep you in mind if I ever do.
Thanks! I think I will also buy some Revoltechs from these shops in the future : )
boywu1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #24
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywu1985 View Post
Thanks! I think I will also buy some Revoltechs from these shops in the future : )
Hey, man. AmiAmi is awesome. Ordered from there three times in the last four weeks and no charges, and the packages arrived within four business days for my area.

BTW pictures are up in the action figure shoots thread!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #25
pud333
Master of the Universe

I was just hit with my first duties on an Amiami shipment. Customs got me on a $200 shipment. Yet they let my HLJ $700 shipment go through no problems. So strange. I have absolutely NO idea how customs picks which packages to charge duty on, and which to let through.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #26
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Quote:
I was just hit with my first duties on an Amiami shipment. Customs got me on a $200 shipment. Yet they let my HLJ $700 shipment go through no problems. So strange. I have absolutely NO idea how customs picks which packages to charge duty on, and which to let through.
That sucks man, and wierd too. I dont get Customs either...wierd system. Anyway Pud do you recommend both aliens figures? Or is the Warrior the superior one? Thinking about gettinga second warrior alien.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:04 AM   #27
pud333
Master of the Universe

Warrior is superior in terms of articulation. However, Big Chap is the original Alien, and he's very cool in his own right. Not as playable as the warrior alien, but like I said: he's the original, and if you're a fan of the first film, you definitely want him.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #28
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Got the skeleton Pud, I have a pciture up in the shots page. Hope you like!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #29
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah, looks good. The skeleton is one of those Revoltechs I always mean to get whenever there is a sale, but for one reason or another, I get something else or something comes up that bumps that purchase back. It's one of those toys where I'll have to be walking into a local anime store and find it on the shelf at a discount and just pull the trigger cause I'm in a toy drought. Looks good with the other thing though.

Kind of dissappointed with Revoltech offerings the past few months. Nothing coming out that I really have to get besides the Iron Man Mark II.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #30
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Yeah, looks good. The skeleton is one of those Revoltechs I always mean to get whenever there is a sale, but for one reason or another, I get something else or something comes up that bumps that purchase back. It's one of those toys where I'll have to be walking into a local anime store and find it on the shelf at a discount and just pull the trigger cause I'm in a toy drought. Looks good with the other thing though.

Kind of dissappointed with Revoltech offerings the past few months. Nothing coming out that I really have to get besides the Iron Man Mark II.
I know what you mean. I check every so often because some of the sold out revoltechs I want. Nothing currently availible strikes me. The dragon statue is from Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, great game. Has skeletons as enemies which is why I thought those two went prefect with eachother.