ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #251
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I'm not sure how these are coming to Winners as there doesn't seem to be a typical case assortment. Makes it sort of a luck of the draw. But I have to imagine that there will be a few more rounds.

If you would be willing to pay the shipping (prob $20) I'm sure I could find one for you at cost.

As much as I appreciate the offer, the $20 shipping pretty much puts me on par with buying it online from Walmart or finding one in store.

Thanks though.

...pretty sure Winners is just getting the overflow that Walmart and TRU aren't buying so I wouldnt be surprised if the Winners/Marshalls DC is cutting cases in half or randomly packing figures before shipping them to their retail outets.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 04-07-2016 at 03:58 PM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #252
Obliterator999
Red Shirt
Obliterator999's Ebay Auctions

Um, has anyone else noticed on TRU.ca that the latest ML figures (Red Onslaught) are now priced at $29,99? Which is odd seeing as they were the normal price before ($24,99). WTH. I hope it's not a sign of price gouging to come...
Obliterator999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:58 PM   #253
iammingy
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterator999 View Post
Um, has anyone else noticed on TRU.ca that the latest ML figures (Red Onslaught) are now priced at $29,99? Which is odd seeing as they were the normal price before ($24,99). WTH. I hope it's not a sign of price gouging to come...
Well, I guess it's because they were flying off the shelves. Every TRU I go to only has one or two on the pegs, whereas Sentry and Machine Man ($17.99) are peg-warming like crazy.
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #254
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

The $24.99 had to be unsustainable, even at whatever TRU's cost is. I've been saying that there had to be price increases coming on Hasbro stuff for a while now

They probably could have gone with $27.99 like SWB, but who knows.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:26 PM   #255
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

$30 is a lot to ask for on these figures, especially for a mass retailer. Price of oil and the issues in China alone should be enough to offset the higher US dollar.

Also, scarcity and prices were never an issue when they just made one "line" of toys that were intricate for collectors and fun enough for kids. Just say'in.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #256
DanM
Aquanaut

DST's Marvel Select figures are looking better all the time.
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #257
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
DST's Marvel Select figures are looking better all the time.

What's sad is that Silver Snail (comic shop) just recently dropped their Legend down to $29.99. Excluding high demand figures of course.

When you are at the same price point as independent stores, then there is a problem.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #258
Obliterator999
Red Shirt
Obliterator999's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
$30 is a lot to ask for on these figures, especially for a mass retailer. Price of oil and the issues in China alone should be enough to offset the higher US dollar.

Also, scarcity and prices were never an issue when they just made one "line" of toys that were intricate for collectors and fun enough for kids. Just say'in.
Yeah, if that price is gonna stick I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking... Even with the $25 price tag, I would always buy figures when on sale, except for high demand figures which I was willing to pay full price for. But $30...? As you said, Marvel Legends was the line of toys good enough to collect and fun enough for kids. Now it's stepping into a price range that belongs more to DC Collectibles but without having the quality to warrant such increase, and it's now too high of a price for kids... A huge misstep IMO.
Obliterator999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #259
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Let the returns begin, saw a guy at customer service at a Walmart returning 7 marvel legend figs no receipt. I was standing at the counter when he claimed they were a gift. He got 20$ for them on a gift card as they all scanned through. Good thing it was the hulk buster line that winners put out for 10$ each. Now you can buy them for full price at Walmart! Lol

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #260
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
Let the returns begin, saw a guy at customer service at a Walmart returning 7 marvel legend figs no receipt. I was standing at the counter when he claimed they were a gift. He got 20$ for them on a gift card as they all scanned through. Good thing it was the hulk buster line that winners put out for 10$ each. Now you can buy them for full price at Walmart! Lol
Full price and probably missing the BAF parts.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote