ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-30-2020, 10:34 PM   #11
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins

That sucks about the scalpers Stevan. Hopefully your luck turns around soon.

.....I was wondering about that Bigstrongboy. I’m assuming stuff going out the back door might explain stocktrack showing some store’s inventory as a minus? Or showing they have a case of 4, but saying out of stock at the same time?
Or it’s just a glitch, I don’t know...
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:13 PM   #12
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post

.....I was wondering about that Bigstrongboy. I’m assuming stuff going out the back door might explain stocktrack showing some store’s inventory as a minus? Or showing they have a case of 4, but saying out of stock at the same time?
The whole out of stock thing is just how seafish programmed the site. I would assume it's because when you get that low on stock it's in some cases a stock variance and 4 isn't a guarantee.

The whole minus thing is perhaps because stores may not be receiving stock properly or they're supposed to get 2 and instead get 4.

As for the scalpers it's a low percentage but as always whenever there's limited stock and it's highly collectible its just easier to blame the troll under bridge. The usual haves and haves nots. People here are clearly desperate they drive the 401 from London to almost Ottawa during a pandemic and its that desperation probably fuelling the mythical scalpers and their prices which nobody has to pay or pay attention to BTW...
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:20 PM   #13
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post

Well I am used to the fact that there always will be scalpers. I will continue my search as usual and hopefully I will hit jackpot one of these days.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:50 AM   #14
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Sixshot, I was simply referring to Stevan’s post about the kijiji and Canadian eBay listings for Origins he’s seen.

I realize there can’t be that many scalpers, as someone stated in an earlier post, there’s not that much product out yet for any of us. One lone case at a time with only one of each character per store for the majority of stores means these figures are going fast to whoever gets there first. Still got to be frustrating for someone looking to see those kijiji ads though.

Thanks for the info regarding stocktrack sixshot.
I’m new to trying it out and it’s been accurate so far for me in my area, so seeing one store just outside of my area in Ottawa say “out of stock -4” left me scratching my head. lol
Old 09-30-2020, 07:57 PM   #15
tfHunter
Mutant

Anyone see any signs of Walmart restocking these things
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #16
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Stocktrack shows that stores in the Ottawa valley area have 12 each on order now up from 4 for each store, so that’s something to look forward to I hope
Old 09-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #17
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Not collecting these, but while visiting WMs here, I saw a Battlecat appear after around a month long gap. Maybe more MOTU are coming?

Minis W1 arrived 2-per store at some WMs this week after a gap too.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:02 AM   #18
tfHunter
Mutant

Yeah, I saw a BattleCat, the Sky Sled and BeastMan and Teela. But all those sightings were maybe a month and ahalf ago and all within a weeks span probably. Since then, absolutely nothing. Pretty soon these things should hit, after all, Christmas season is almost here. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Last edited by tfHunter; 10-01-2020 at 02:05 AM.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #19
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Just remember, these will see wide release next year. It's entirely possible that WM Canada only got the one batch and won't restock, as is the trend with them.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #20
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Any chance you will be able to offer MOTU Origins come 2021? Either by the case or individually, or both? Would be great to be able to order online next year from a place like Canucktibles