ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 08-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
Robimus
Super Moderator
Toys"R"Us Exclusive 'Biggs Darklighter' X-Wing Released in Canada

Thanks to a report from AFN member dinga we now know that the new Toys"R"us Exclusive X-Wing based upon Biggs Darklighter's Red Three from A New Hope has now been released at Canadian Retail. Current prcie is $74.99.

The sighting was made at a Toys"R"us in British Columbia.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Wing.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	6744  

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive 'Biggs Darklighter' X-Wing Released in Canada

Just in time to pair up with that new Black series Biggs.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #3
cobralegion
Decepticon

Wow $75 and no figure or even a droid? Love the packaging and all but will wait until a sale hits.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 AM   #4
Napseeker
Dark Knight

The real price is $56+HST. Nobody buys these things at full retail do they? 25% off is what I consider to be the real price that TRU ought to be selling it at (but then without the hype of a "sale" how could they entice collectors to swarm the stores when it becomes "cheap" to buy?)

I'll wait for a 30% off sale I think. Or 40%. That horrible paintjob really irks me...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
The real price is $56+HST. Nobody buys these things at full retail do they? 25% off is what I consider to be the real price that TRU ought to be selling it at (but then without the hype of a "sale" how could they entice collectors to swarm the stores when it becomes "cheap" to buy?)

I'll wait for a 30% off sale I think. Or 40%. That horrible paintjob really irks me...
Yeah $56 is a bit better but I dont think its worth more then $40 with no figures or accessories. Although didn't Zellers have the same X-wing with a figure for $80 a few years ago? I see TRU has the Gunship online at $169.99..yikes I remember buying them for $40-$50 not too long ago. Again it looks great with the gunpods and vintage packaging but is it worth $175+ with tax? Maybe I'm just stuck in the past too much lol...figures aren't 2.99 anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pTRUCA1-16092280_alternate1_dt.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	6745  

Last edited by cobralegion; 08-09-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
Morg
Clonetrooper
Morg's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
Yeah $56 is a bit better but I dont think its worth more then $40 with no figures or accessories. Although didn't Zellers have the same X-wing with a figure for $80 a few years ago? I see TRU has the Gunship online at $169.99..yikes I remember buying them for $40-$50 not too long ago. Again it looks great with the gunpods and vintage packaging but is it worth $175+ with tax? Maybe I'm just stuck in the past too much lol...figures aren't 2.99 anymore.
That X-Wing from Zellers that you're talking about also came with a sweet yellow ladder to attach to it , a la Yavin base... but when I grabbed mine it was nowhere near $80 and I don't recall it being on sale.

The bloody thing didn't escalate madly in price until they packed it in with that shitty, out of scale, TIE Advanced (with the same horrible mold they've been reusing for years).
Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
That X-Wing from Zellers that you're talking about also came with a sweet yellow ladder to attach to it , a la Yavin base... but when I grabbed mine it was nowhere near $80 and I don't recall it being on sale.

The bloody thing didn't escalate madly in price until they packed it in with that shitty, out of scale, TIE Advanced (with the same horrible mold they've been reusing for years).
Yeah I cant remember the exact price on the Zellers one but remember it being $70-$80 and sitting there forever. The large wing Tie fighters were 79.99 at first to. Zellers was horrible for pricing. Half the time head office would either send incorrect signs or it'd be programmed wrong. So most likely yours was on sale it just wasn't signed right. It was great though if they messed up in a good way lol.Even with my staff discount on the X-wing I still thought the price was way too high and never did get one. and like you said it came with a base and accessories and 2 figures (Wedge and a droid).
Old 08-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Robimus
Super Moderator

That X-Wing at Zellers was at least $70. I recall scoffing at the price at the time

Old 08-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

I need this bad. I have Red 1 and 2 already, and of course Red 5 (in a number of versions), so Red 3 fits in nicely.

I don't hold out any hope of seeing the others (4, 6 and up) made, but the "name" guys at least will be covered now.

I only wish they went on a campaign of naming and making the Gold, Green and other squadrons properly, but that's unlikely to ever occur.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

This is an easy pass for me.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggs, red three, x-wing