ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #1241
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
I'm fine with the shoulders if it's just a difference between the male and female figures.

And even though it's not accurate, the gold collar paint on yellow kinda works for me. Reminds me of Psycho Ranger Black having a gold collar for no particular reason.
They'll re release in Space Red again and most likely it will have the corrected paint apps. I'm going to just wait for that. I'm in no rush to own these things.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:29 PM   #1242
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Just gave up and purchased MMPR Black Ranger from Amazon.com. Sure, it came up to $58 CAD (with shipping and the import fee), but I'm sick and tired of trying to track down these figures at retail. Out of all of Hasbro's figure lines, the Lightning Collection has to be the worst when it comes to distribution.

Probably going to regret this purchase when I see MMPR Black in the store, but oh well.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:01 PM   #1243
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Shoulders inconsistent too sadly. That's funny about Dino Thunder. I'm thinking about only just getting Dino Thunder Black to go with my white and calling it a day with that team. I don't remember being THAT big of a fan of that season but I do remember having the Dino Thunder Black, White, Red, Blue and Zeltrax figure as a kid so I guess I liked it more than I remember LOL. I'm amazed by how quick they are putting out the DT team. Just did Red and now Blue? that means they won't do yellow for a while then, or if they do it sooner than later they will sit on Tommy and use him to boost a weak wave much later on.
Personally, I'm completing DT because it's one of the few seasons where I actually like all the characters. I can't say that about MMPR, or Space.

DT was the closest we got to a 'modern' MMPR. The dialogue was funny and sharp, the characters felt like real teens at the time. The only thing that worked against it was the goofiness of the sentai footage. It was tonally jarring. RPM had the same issue with the Go-Onger footage.

And yeah, I'll wager Dino Thunder Tommy is a lock for 2021. They're obviously going to release figures from previous Dino seasons to coincide with the marketing for Dino Fury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
And even though it's not accurate, the gold collar paint on yellow kinda works for me. Reminds me of Psycho Ranger Black having a gold collar for no particular reason.
That's true. He had the gold because he was the leader in the sentai version. Glad the figure kept that detail.

Last edited by Ksteel; 12-06-2020 at 07:03 PM.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:21 PM   #1244
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Just gave up and purchased MMPR Black Ranger from Amazon.com. Sure, it came up to $58 CAD (with shipping and the import fee), but I'm sick and tired of trying to track down these figures at retail. Out of all of Hasbro's figure lines, the Lightning Collection has to be the worst when it comes to distribution.

Probably going to regret this purchase when I see MMPR Black in the store, but oh well.
Wow 60 is steep. I'm just gonna wait on black, maybe I'll see him in the wild. If not I guess I'll have to wait months until someone restocks it. The figures aren't worth over paying for to me at least and I'm not really in a rush to own them either.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #1245
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Wow 60 is steep. I'm just gonna wait on black, maybe I'll see him in the wild. If not I guess I'll have to wait months until someone restocks it. The figures aren't worth over paying for to me at least and I'm not really in a rush to own them either.
I know what you mean. But the amount of stores that need to be checked (time and gas), maybe the premium isn't that bad. I can also keep it sealed and return it just in case I find one in store.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #1246
cli1ck
Articulation Junkie

Quote:
Out of all of Hasbro's figure lines, the Lightning Collection has to be the worst when it comes to distribution.
You must not collect GI Joes..
Old 12-06-2020, 11:28 PM   #1247
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I know what you mean. But the amount of stores that need to be checked (time and gas), maybe the premium isn't that bad. I can also keep it sealed and return it just in case I find one in store.
Yeah I get what you mean. Hasbro Distribution sucks and it's easier to just pay the premium. I'm just at the point where I can't even be bothered to put the effort into finding these in the wild anymore and I'll be damned if I over pay online for it. If I get it, I get it. If I don't, I don't. It is what it is. Like even now, the upcoming Wave is going to have Zeo Green as x1 per case, so it's going to be even more of a pain to get Zeo Green than it is to get MMPR Black. It's just too much of a hassle to be a completionist with this line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
You must not collect GI Joes..
I don't know how GI Joe collectors in Canada do it. I only see like 2 GI Joes at the most on pegs at any given time.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-06-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:55 PM   #1248
Webs
Man of Spiders

I was excited to finally get the delivery notification for my MMPR blue ranger, only for the postal worker to give me the wrong key for the parcel slot.
Hopefully tomorrow that person brings it to me.
Never had this happen, anyone know if I can get another sent out with no extra charge if they decide to steal it?

This line is cursed, fellas.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:08 AM   #1249
Ksteel
Mutant

I wouldn't worry about Zeo Green, honestly. I suspect it will be like Space Yellow and easily available on Amazon.

It's really only been the MMPR figures in crazy demand and challenging to acquire.

I'd wager that a significant portion of those who were game for hunting down the MMPR figures....don't actually give a damn about Zeo.

I suspect the next figure that everyone will be frustrated about is Hasbro Pulse Metallic Pink/Kat... that will sell out pretty fast and take forever to be re-stocked. It's not a figure I'm interested in, but obviously the MMPR completionists will need it.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #1250
erik352
Cylon Centurion

Quote:

ouch, thats expensive. you should at least tried some of the scalphers in kijiji, im sure you could get it cheaper than $58.

I was lucky i decided to try getting mmpr black at amazon usa when it was first announced. Price is a little higher than retail, but then again I never saw wave 6 at retail.
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote