ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #3081
vsquared
Red Shirt
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
It's funny how nostalgia for Hayden and the prequels has gradually elevated his status with fans, from outright hated to appreciated and accepted..

You know that's gonna happen with the terrible Sequel characters over time as well.. unfortunately.
I honestly believe with better writing Hayden would have been great. Like if he'd had Clone Wars writing but in live action.
vsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:57 PM   #3082
vsquared
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Well, one is ST based - the Rogue Squadron film.
Of course it's the one I was most excited to see the announcement about until I realized the time period it is set in. That felt like getting kicked in the gut by a horse. My all-time favourite novel & comic series from the EU era, and they're setting it as a follow-up to the ST.

I'm not sure what the Rangers of the New Republic show will be about, but hopefully it'll follow some of those X-wing pilots around from the Mando series. That would be an acceptable consolation.
I'm kind of glad they are doing this era. If they set it in the post RotJ era, they really couldn't do the Rogue/Wraith stories from the books without contradicting the now established canon. Doing it in this era, they could bring in Corran Horn, and do his story, without contradicting anything. I'm okay seeing what a new Rogue Squadron can do. Plus if you set it post RotJ, you couldn't really have Dennis Lawson playing Wedge, which would be strange, since 30 years later, he played Wedge.
vsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:56 PM   #3083
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
The prequels had a 'great story and memorable characters?' Lmao.

Check out the infamous Redlettermedia Mr. Plinkett prequel reviews if you want a laugh.
Lol dude at least gives your own thoughts on why you believe they aren't good instead of telling me to go watch a reviewer that is known to be cynical and overly critical of films. If you can't give me criticisms that are your own I'm not gonna bother entertaining this anymore.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-11-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #3084
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Went for a bit of a hunt. Literally no sense in hunting. No product on shelves. Not a single Black Series figure anywhere after going to 6 Walmart's smh
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:39 PM   #3085
heavyt93
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Went for a bit of a hunt. Literally no sense in hunting. No product on shelves. Not a single Black Series figure anywhere after going to 6 Walmart's smh
Saw on an FB group that there are many Walmarts in Ontario getting them, few more each day! Keep your head up and happy hunting! Perhaps in a day or 2 more will come up. Still awaiting a single sighting over in BC for that holiday edition snow trooper!
heavyt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:52 PM   #3086
Robimus
Super Moderator

This is Sequel Trilogy based?

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Well, one is ST based - the Rogue Squadron film.
Of course it's the one I was most excited to see the announcement about until I realized the time period it is set in. That felt like getting kicked in the gut by a horse. My all-time favourite novel & comic series from the EU era, and they're setting it as a follow-up to the ST.

I'm not sure what the Rangers of the New Republic show will be about, but hopefully it'll follow some of those X-wing pilots around from the Mando series. That would be an acceptable consolation.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #3087
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

The WM boxes have started appearing here. The 3.75" CC were mispriced at $24.97 at the store I found them at. Holiday trooper $24.97. Incinerator 3.75" scanned fine at $17.97. Sold out of the Din 2-pack in less than 30 mins.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #3088
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
Consider this: if they don't touch it, they can't f--k it up.
This is why I'm glad they haven't decided to make films for Shadows of the Empire or Dark Forces. Don't want to see those stories filtered through the disney committees.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:47 PM   #3089
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

The VC Mandalorian and Child is really nice. A little pricey, but lots of little details.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #3090
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
The WM boxes have started appearing here. The 3.75" CC were mispriced at $24.97 at the store I found them at. Holiday trooper $24.97. Incinerator 3.75" scanned fine at $17.97. Sold out of the Din 2-pack in less than 30 mins.
What price are the CC supposed to be?
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote