ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-03-2022, 06:49 AM   #6301
lifedragon99
Decepticon
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Just got notification saying for doc ock and silk will be delivered today.

Noticed the price right now is$63 but I paid $96. Does anyone know if Amazon will refund the difference if I talk to them?

Last edited by lifedragon99; 11-03-2022 at 10:11 AM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:44 AM   #6302
Vchipp
Red Shirt

They are supposed to price match it if it drops in price when it releases and it's cheaper they refund you the difference automatically. I've never had that before and I don't trust Bezos.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:03 AM   #6303
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Just went through this - they will not adjust the price for a pre-order that has lowered in price since the original order was made. No Price Match policy. Even on their own prices which is pretty ridiculous.

For this set, you can still order it now (not in stock but will ship when there is) at the new price and cancel your original order. I think there is a low risk the new order won't be fulfilled. If you were concerned, keep your original order and return it when the second order at the lower price comes.

Last edited by Enforcer; 11-03-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 12:16 PM   #6304
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Anyone else still waiting on their HasLab Galactus?
I received mine last Friday. Shipped from QC to BC.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #6305
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Just got notification saying for doc ock and silk will be delivered today.

Noticed the price right now is$63 but I paid $96. Does anyone know if Amazon will refund the difference if I talk to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
They are supposed to price match it if it drops in price when it releases and it's cheaper they refund you the difference automatically. I've never had that before and I don't trust Bezos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Just went through this - they will not adjust the price for a pre-order that has lowered in price since the original order was made. No Price Match policy. Even on their own prices which is pretty ridiculous.

For this set, you can still order it now (not in stock but will ship when there is) at the new price and cancel your original order. I think there is a low risk the new order won't be fulfilled. If you were concerned, keep your original order and return it when the second order at the lower price comes.
Doesn't sound like they'll match, but if you somehow get them to do it, you should get them to match when it was $39.07 back on October 14.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 12:33 PM   #6306
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
The lack of "Pre-order Price Guarantee" is an exclusive Amazon Canadian feature.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 01:02 PM   #6307
lifedragon99
Decepticon

I just had them price match on a book I ordered months ago, that was delivered yesterday. But I've never had them do it for a toy, I thought to ask in case they were supposed to.

I'll still try and see if they will.

Last edited by lifedragon99; 11-03-2022 at 01:06 PM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:22 PM   #6308
Darth Cujo
Super Friend

They have a preorder price guarantee policy.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/custom...BRP7LCB9DSDNCR

But it seems they pick and choose what qualifies. I had an item I purchased that dropped in price. I contacted customer service through chat to see if it would be adjusted. I wasn't sure how it worked and i figured id see rather than cancel and re-order. I didn't want to get bumped down in the queue. The person said yes it would charge me the lowest price when the item shipped. I said okay. Luckily i asked for a transcript of the chat upon conclusion. A month or two later the item shipped and I was charged the higher amount.

I contacted customer service and the agent was flat out rude telling me the item didn't qualify and actually disconnected my chat abruptly before I could reference my previous chat. I followed up with another agent and I had to prove that I was told the lowest price was promised to me by referencing my earlier chat. The agent eventually confirmed my claim and apologized for the other agents rudeness. I will note I was polite throughout, and thankfully the second agent was much nicer than the first.

Point being, they only seem to apply it to certain items and it seemingly has to state the guarantee applies.

If they're going to have a guarantee, it should just apply across the board to all items shipped and sold by amazon. All these stipulations make it kind of deceptive.

Lessons learned, if you see a price drop, just order it again. If you end up with 2 return the expensive one at Amazon's expense. And always ask for transcripts of your chats. They'll email it to you.
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 09:06 PM   #6309
Stan
ToysAndCoffee
Stan's Ebay Auctions

For those interested, I found The Vulture Deluxe Spider-Man Homecoming at my local Toys?R?Us on clearance for 41.98$, witch is not a bad price for this figure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 932139B3-7BAC-42B4-A4DC-388F85D1D78C.jpg (18.7 KB, 16 views)
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 09:32 PM   #6310
heavyt93
Red Shirt

Happy day! Got my retro cel shaded Spidey!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20221104_011509845.PORTRAIT.jpg (95.5 KB, 19 views)
heavyt93 is offline   Reply With Quote