ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-12-2023, 11:01 PM   #7261
Hoffman
Agent of Shield
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Saying we should have our own because the EU does doesn't make sense. The EU has ONE Pulse site for all of the included EU countries. Why would they create a second site for a country that is right next the US and has a relatively tiny population?

The global Pulse sites also have terrible prices when you look at how the currency converts. I can almost guarantee if they launched a dedicated Canadian Pulse, the base price + shipping could just as easily be more than what we pay today.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:29 AM   #7262
Robimus
Super Moderator

I don't disagree, generally speaking.

But if they are going to have exclusive product, after exclusive product, after exclusive product - maybe dozens of products you can only get from Hasbro Pulse going forward. I think thats an issue.

Let me rephrase. I know its an issue for me. And from the traffic in this thread, I'd say its not just me.

They should just make every Pulse exclusive available via pre order through Gamestop in Canada, like they have done in limited fashion in the past, specifically stating they did it because there was no Pulse in Canada.

More than most, I'm fine playing a longer game on this. And if I don't get something on my terms, I'm kinda fine with that. Like, I want to buy their product, but not at any cost.

So Hasbro Pulse Canada, or no Hasbro Pulse Canada, they need to find a way to improve this "Exclusive to Pulse" situation for their Canadian customers in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Saying we should have our own because the EU does doesn't make sense. The EU has ONE Pulse site for all of the included EU countries. Why would they create a second site for a country that is right next the US and has a relatively tiny population?

The global Pulse sites also have terrible prices when you look at how the currency converts. I can almost guarantee if they launched a dedicated Canadian Pulse, the base price + shipping could just as easily be more than what we pay today.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:09 AM   #7263
Robimus
Super Moderator
Smile Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post

The global Pulse sites also have terrible prices when you look at how the currency converts.
Just to focus on this one section.

Looking at a few Pulse EU items, 25% appears to be the additional cost per single item. Frankenstein was $9 usd than the US site. Snow Job was $12 more.

$70 a year, free shipping on all orders except Haslab for Pulse EU.

If I want to order a single Snow Job right now from Pulse USA, shipping would raise my cost by over 60%.

So there is a higher built in price, but it still doesn't offset the much higher shipping costs we are paying, if we aren't being as frugal as we can be and ordering $500 at a time.

Maybe like you say, its absolutely impossible for Hasbro to do something like that for us. But I would like to think options do exist to find a way to treat us close to as well as their customers in Finland.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 02:22 PM   #7264
sebastianduhra
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
To me Target is not relevant, they failed due to gross corporate incompetence. But thats kinda off topic. Hasbro Pulse isn't going to have a store front.

I think what people are looking at is that Hasbro has corporate offices in Ontario. A warehouse, where all the Pulse items reportedly ship from, in Quebec. I'm told we already get a break on shipping due to this.

I think its a topic of conversation because Hasbro is already here.

I'd be curious to know where people who order from Pulse(I never have as yet, until the Dragonfly comes in 2027) see their orders shipping from. Is it all from Quebec?
Target failed in Canada because of the weak Canadian dollar. It had nothing to do with managerial incompetence.
sebastianduhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 03:19 PM   #7265
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianduhra View Post
Target failed in Canada because of the weak Canadian dollar. It had nothing to do with managerial incompetence.
Your not wrong. However that and poor management are surface level at best. If a weak dollar was the cause they when the dollar was even weaker when Walmart came here they would've failed too.

There was the fact they decided to do their own inventory system from scratch which failed miserably. This meant empty shelves on launch.

Another fact was somehow it got out there that we were getting at par pricing which is total nonsense. Man I remember watching the news at people pissed at empty shelves and Canadian pricing.

It drove so many away they never came back. Which is a shame cause I loved target. Some of the best deals Ive ever found were in targets here in Canada.

But people are snobs, stuck their noses up and walked away. We still feel the effects of that today purely on weaker competition and allowing Walmart to dominate.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 10:40 PM   #7266
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Your not wrong. However that and poor management are surface level at best. If a weak dollar was the cause they when the dollar was even weaker when Walmart came here they would've failed too.

There was the fact they decided to do their own inventory system from scratch which failed miserably. This meant empty shelves on launch.

Another fact was somehow it got out there that we were getting at par pricing which is total nonsense. Man I remember watching the news at people pissed at empty shelves and Canadian pricing.

It drove so many away they never came back. Which is a shame cause I loved target. Some of the best deals Ive ever found were in targets here in Canada.

But people are snobs, stuck their noses up and walked away. We still feel the effects of that today purely on weaker competition and allowing Walmart to dominate.
I never really got the hate for target. I thought it was okay, I just ended up going to Walmart more often out of convenience as it was closer to me than Target and cause they had more stuff. Thats a good point about weaker competition. I miss when there were more choices for where you could shop. It's too bad Canadians managed to run all the competition out.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 01:00 PM   #7267
Eko123
Body without Organs

According to Marvelousnews.com, a Twitter user by the name of PhuCuong2212 posted an in-hand pic of the upcoming No Way Home movie Green Goblin figure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Green-Goblin-01__scaled_600.jpg (76.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Green-Goblin-03__scaled_600.jpg (93.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Green-Goblin-05__scaled_600.jpg (66.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Green-Goblin-04__scaled_600.jpg (85.4 KB, 25 views)
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 01:18 PM   #7268
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

This Green goblin looks real good. I just hope the price is too
Old 09-16-2023, 01:42 PM   #7269
Ksteel
Mutant

Probably the same price as the Hawkeye Skycycle or slightly more.

I'm good with that.

I'd rather pay for this than $55+ for a single 'Power Rangers Remastered' figure. Eff that.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #7270
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Probably the same price as the Hawkeye Skycycle or slightly more.

I'm good with that.

I'd rather pay for this than $55+ for a single 'Power Rangers Remastered' figure. Eff that.
I can agree with that lol. I hope this means we can get some Sam Raimi trilogy figures from this.