ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News

Old 01-10-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
McFarlane DC Multiverse IN-HAND Mega Gallery ? Part 1

We aren’t even 2 weeks into 2020 and the first major story for collectors has hit – McFarlane Toys DC Comics license is live.* They wasted no time, dropping on Jan 1 and showing up for purchase soon after.* Wave 1 of what is being called DC Multiverse (Mattel’s was technically DC Comics Multiverse) consists of 12 figures and 1 vehicle. Included are: Batman: Detective Comics #1000 Batman: Detective Comics #1000 Variant Chase Superman: Action Comics #1000 Batgirl: Art of the Crime Nightwing: Better Than Batman The Batman Who Laughs Batman: Batman the Animated Series Superman: Superman the Animated Series » Continue Reading.

The post McFarlane DC Multiverse IN-HAND Mega Gallery – Part 1 appeared first on The Toyark - News.

More...
Old 01-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
dbaso
Clonetrooper
Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse IN-HAND Mega Gallery ? Part 1

Looking to collect this line - what are everyone’s thoughts? I’m a bit hesitant after buying the Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero - they were terrible
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:13 AM   #3
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
Looking to collect this line - what are everyone’s thoughts? I’m a bit hesitant after buying the Mortal Kombat Scorpion and Sub-Zero - they were terrible
They’re very big. But that’s not necessarily a deal breaker for me. The Superman is actually pretty nice. I like it quite a bit. Batman I expected more for because he’s my favourite character. Good figure, a little awkward looking. I’m still waiting to get the Batman Who Laughs, but overall I think the comic based figures are pretty good, besides Harley Quinn. Not a fan of that one just based on looks alone. I wouldn’t even touch the animated series stuff. I think DC Collectibles animated figures are FAR superior.

I've always personally been a fan of the Mattel DC figures. My main collection consists of DC Universe Classics, DC Superheroes and DC Multiverse. The character selection was great in all 3 of those lines and all of the figures mesh well together regardless of which line they came from. Sure the articulation was outdated and the sculpts were reused a lot, but I think it worked. I'll admit, I was bummed to hear that Mattel was losing the license to make figures. I'm still on the fence with these McFarlane figures. I'm always down for new DC figures as I'm mainly a DC guy so I'll be interested to see what wave 2 looks like from McFarlane.

Last edited by MichaelScarn6969; 01-11-2020 at 01:49 AM.
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

The size kills it for me. I like all my figures to mingle on the shelves, so being out of scale with Marvel Legends and DC Multiverse is a dealbreaker.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote