ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 03-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: Toys "R" Us Exclusive Jurassic Park Toyline Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Yeah, that would be awesome!

All of the JP sets that have shown up at my local TRU, with the exception of the Dino Showdown sets, look like repaints. It was an easy pass on the rest of the stuff. I was so hoping the Dino Trackers would come with a franken Joe and a smaller dinosaur, but that wasn't the case. So I will only be concentrating on the Dino Showdown sets as the dinosaurs are new and have updated articulation plus it comes with a Jurassic Joe figure.
Might pick up the showdown sets too, if a sale on them happens. I sold everything Jurassic Park related long ago because things got to be too big and space issues were a concern, last to go was the Thrasher T-Rex at C4 a few years back, someone who was hunting for that for their collection went home very happy.

I still wound't mind a few key items like a decent sized poseable Rex to represent that series in my collection, but for now I'll content myself with the JPIII Lego set I own.

Perhaps Hasbro's Kre-O Craze will involve new JP sets in the future with some decent looking Dinosaurs. This stuff now is just some left over stock probable to cash in on the 3D Re-Release, when the rumored JP 4 finally hits, provided they ever get the damn thing started in the production phase of the equation, then maybe we'll get to see something new and impressive from Hasbro again.

They did just announce a re-license deal, maybe the anniversary or something for the original film will allow some of the toys to be produced.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

So I was looking online to see what the new JP figs look like and I want that Allosaurus Dino Showdown. Looks really nice but I plan on painting the Dino to look less....ugly.
Other than that, give me some Large more posable Rex's and Spinos and maybe some better Raptors...Yeah...won't happen
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #13
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Might pick up the showdown sets too, if a sale on them happens. I sold everything Jurassic Park related long ago because things got to be too big and space issues were a concern, last to go was the Thrasher T-Rex at C4 a few years back, someone who was hunting for that for their collection went home very happy.

I still wound't mind a few key items like a decent sized poseable Rex to represent that series in my collection, but for now I'll content myself with the JPIII Lego set I own.

Perhaps Hasbro's Kre-O Craze will involve new JP sets in the future with some decent looking Dinosaurs. This stuff now is just some left over stock probable to cash in on the 3D Re-Release, when the rumored JP 4 finally hits, provided they ever get the damn thing started in the production phase of the equation, then maybe we'll get to see something new and impressive from Hasbro again.

They did just announce a re-license deal, maybe the anniversary or something for the original film will allow some of the toys to be produced.
I caved and bought the Allosaurus Dino Showdown set today. I have to say Hasbro did a nice job with the new molds for the dinos. The added articulation on the dinosaur is pretty good.

Yeah, pretty much everything except the Dino Showdown sets are repainted/repacked stuff. I'm thinking the Jurassic Joe prototypes that have popped up over the past year or so are most likely the stuff for JP4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
So I was looking online to see what the new JP figs look like and I want that Allosaurus Dino Showdown. Looks really nice but I plan on painting the Dino to look less....ugly.
Other than that, give me some Large more posable Rex's and Spinos and maybe some better Raptors...Yeah...won't happen
Yeah, I agree. I passed on that set at first, but when I found it again and saw that the Allosauraus has much more articulation than the Pachyrhinosaurus I decided to buy it. It seems to be the one that everyone is looking for in my area as well. It doesn't really help when the local TRUs only get 1 of each set in per store. I hoping that Hasbro would give us a lot more articulated dinosaurs especially Raptors.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 03-20-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #14
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

TOYS R US HAMILTON just got them in. I was there just before close and scored the Allosaurus. They only got one or two boxes of the showdowns so go tomorrow morning if you can. Probably had the smaller ones too but...I really could care less. Give me another giant Rex and I will be happy.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
TOYS R US HAMILTON just got them in. I was there just before close and scored the Allosaurus. They only got one or two boxes of the showdowns so go tomorrow morning if you can. Probably had the smaller ones too but...I really could care less. Give me another giant Rex and I will be happy.
Congrats on the find! Totally agree with you! These will go fast! I suggest either going in the morning or give them a phone call and get the store to hold the set for you.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 03-20-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exclusive, hasbro, jurassic park, toysrus