ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-26-2022, 07:18 AM   #311
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Update:

1123/5000 (+/- 0) Uh oh, first 0 day so far during the funding period, not a good sign. Yes it was the weekend when things are always slower, but still no one backed this? Hoo-boy.

Now the question is....If/when do backers start to bail on this once it becomes clearer that it won't fund? The Rancor lost backers on a regular basis for about a week after terrible tier reveals. So with nothing to promote this further (media is over, no tiers) what happens next? I'm sure there are a lot of backers who are holding out hope, but I would think there are a few backers that might be thinking it is time to cut bait. Even though it doesn't matter if they keep the order or not because Hasbro doesn't charge you until the funding period is over.

Anyway, still 22.46% of the way to funding with 15d 16h left.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:56 AM   #312
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

1126/5000 (+3) The slow crawl continues.

Now 22.52% of the way to funding with 14d 18h left.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:33 AM   #313
cobralegion
Decepticon

I think they honestly thought Reva would be a popular character and she ended up being the opposite. And there wasn't really anything new in the show that screams "must have toy!"
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:47 AM   #314
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

It's quite a space hog at 6.5 feet long. Plus with the cost of living going through the roof and figure prices on the rise a $500 lightsaber of a character that isn't everyone's favorite might not be people's biggest priority right now.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:06 PM   #315
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

I don’t think action figure guys and light saber guys overlap that much too. You would have to be a real light saver completionist to want this.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:05 PM   #316
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
I don?t think action figure guys and light saber guys overlap that much too. You would have to be a real light saver completionist to want this.

See that is something I thought about the Ghostbusters Proton Pack last year. However there was a huge cosplay element that was yearning for something like the Proton Pack. Especially because it was far cheaper than anything comparable on the market at the time.

So I think Hasbro/Disney thought they would get the same sort of market share so that if the toy collectors weren't in, the cosplayers/Lightsaber collectors would more than make up the slack.

WHOOPS!!!!
Old 06-27-2022, 02:11 PM   #317
philtastic
Master of the Universe

I'm in the lightsaber + action figure venn diagram crossover, and if this was retail, I'd probably buy it, cuz it is a cool design, and since all the Inquisitors have the same lightsaber, it doesn't have to be "Reva's lightsaber." That being said, if this doesn't get funded, that would save me a lot of money. (I have not pledged yet.)
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:02 PM   #318
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I'm in the lightsaber + action figure venn diagram crossover, and if this was retail, I'd probably buy it, cuz it is a cool design, and since all the Inquisitors have the same lightsaber, it doesn't have to be "Reva's lightsaber." That being said, if this doesn't get funded, that would save me a lot of money. (I have not pledged yet.)
I can't help but think that if they had just called it "Inquisitor Lightsaber" it might be doing better right now.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:14 PM   #319
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I can't help but think that if they had just called it "Inquisitor Lightsaber" it might be doing better right now.
Agreed
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:54 AM   #320
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

1295/5000 (+169) WHAT???!???? This can't be right, someone is funkifying the numbers.

I have to admit I was shocked seeing this increase, I was lulled into the daily single digit grind. I guess there was either a run of orders, or some overseas orders were entered in one go like they have done with other Haslabs.

Anyway nice to see a bit of movement, but the big test will be in the next few days. Was this a one off, or will we see a new daily trend? My bet is on this being a one off.

Now 25.90% of the way to funding. HEY it passed 25%, good on you Lightsaber. "You can do it!!" (Rob Schneider in Water Boy) 13d 18h left.

Last edited by canprime; 06-28-2022 at 06:00 AM.