ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #621
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield
Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
^ sorry, I just clarified my wording a bit as they are $40.98 before your Edge discount is applied. So I got Clayface for around $35 after my 15% discount.

If you check gamestop.ca I see the $21.98 and $23.98 items, but I can't see any Mega Figs on there at all. I may not be searching for the proper keyword.
I can't find them either. The Mega Figs weren't that price at my local Gamestops in Quebec though, so it probably varies by store.

One thing to note though, the MSRP at gamestop for Manbat and Killer Croc is $65, so while they will probably get discounted at a similar percentage, it won't be to $40 like before. And meanwhile, we can preorder those off Walmart for $55, so $10 off MSRP, and get them this month instead of waiting for a discount at Gamestop.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #622
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
^ sorry, I just clarified my wording a bit as they are $40.98 before your Edge discount is applied. So I got Clayface for around $35 after my 15% discount.

If you check gamestop.ca I see the $21.98 and $23.98 items, but I can't see any Mega Figs on there at all. I may not be searching for the proper keyword.
Thanks
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:47 PM   #623
Hangfest
Super Friend

It seems the recent red-stickered prices on a lot of the McFarlane line at Gamestop was a limited time sale rather than a permanent clearance.

All the red-stickered big and standard sized DC Multiverse figures were back to their regular MSRP when I was in-store today, and the discounted ones online all seem to be back to their regular price as well.
Hangfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:57 PM   #624
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfest View Post
It seems the recent red-stickered prices on a lot of the McFarlane line at Gamestop was a limited time sale rather than a permanent clearance.

All the red-stickered big and standard sized DC Multiverse figures were back to their regular MSRP when I was in-store today, and the discounted ones online all seem to be back to their regular price as well.
Dang, I knew I should have gone back yesterday, but figured one more day wouldn't hurt. Doh!
At least I have Onyx, which actually might end up as the same anyways? My store had all the "Edge discount" prices on the red tags blacked out, so I assume the Onyx wouldn't have counted on those anyways.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:41 PM   #625
philtastic
Master of the Universe

TRU jacked the prices pf all DC McFarlane by $3. Now $32.99 for figures that were $29.99, including pegwarmers like The Suicide Squad Harley Quinn and Penguin from The Batman. Do they even understand the concept of supply and demand?
Old 07-26-2022, 01:11 AM   #626
megathong
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
TRU jacked the prices pf all DC McFarlane by $3. Now $32.99 for figures that were $29.99, including pegwarmers like The Suicide Squad Harley Quinn and Penguin from The Batman. Do they even understand the concept of supply and demand?
It's virtually all their figures except clearance at TRU. Gamestop also raised prices.

I wonder if it's a CAD$ forecast or just overall more licensing/manufacturing/shipping cost increases.

My guess is, demand is still skyrocketing. Action figures have yet to hit a peak from the pandemic buying spree including McFarlane which is likely climbing too.

If people are willing to pay and shelves aren't fully stocked then manufacturers and retailers have every reason to increase prices.
megathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #627
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by megathong View Post
It's virtually all their figures except clearance at TRU. Gamestop also raised prices.

I wonder if it's a CAD$ forecast or just overall more licensing/manufacturing/shipping cost increases.

My guess is, demand is still skyrocketing. Action figures have yet to hit a peak from the pandemic buying spree including McFarlane which is likely climbing too.

If people are willing to pay and shelves aren't fully stocked then manufacturers and retailers have every reason to increase prices.
That's just it, I don't think people are willing to pay. The same McFarlane figures have been on the shelves for months.

GameStop had a huge sale on McFarlane last week, which is very rare for them, and still a ton of figures remained unsold. Also, GameStop generally doesn't raise prices after merch hits the shelves.

Anyway, just wanted to let people know they have one less reason to shop at Toys R Us.
Old 07-26-2022, 04:05 PM   #628
Eko123
Body without Organs

Toynewsi.com posted some preliminary pics from someone of the upcoming Gold Label Collection Knightfall Batman (Jean-Paul Valley).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knightfall1.jpg (94.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg knightfall2.jpg (78.9 KB, 18 views)
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:35 PM   #629
megathong
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
That's just it, I don't think people are willing to pay. The same McFarlane figures have been on the shelves for months.

GameStop had a huge sale on McFarlane last week, which is very rare for them, and still a ton of figures remained unsold. Also, GameStop generally doesn't raise prices after merch hits the shelves.

Anyway, just wanted to let people know they have one less reason to shop at Toys R Us.
TRU will be ok even at higher prices. They only get 4-6 figures of each McFarlane. Some will sit because the figure sucks.

They have several action figures on clearance so maybe it's a new strategy. Sell high and reduce to clear sooner.

According to DJC Collectibles, McFarlane did not raise prices. GS and TRU just increased theirs.

Obviously, operating costs are the factors here. Raised rents, wages, utilities, etc make them have to increase prices.

I'll just wait until they go on sale again.

I got the light-up Hazmat suit Batman for $20 at GS. I think it was mispriced.

Last edited by megathong; 07-29-2022 at 10:49 PM.
megathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #630
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Toynewsi.com posted some preliminary pics from someone of the upcoming Gold Label Collection Knightfall Batman (Jean-Paul Valley).
Looks good, but once again a good looking figure is an exclusive while a lot of the regular release figures are garbage.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote