ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Batman Unlimited, Marvel, Star Wars, and more on Clearance at Target Canada

Thanks to a sighting made by AFN member jacobot, we now know that Target Canada has started placing their Batman Unlimited figures on clearance for $9.99. The price was seen in effect in Ontario. Please let us know if you see this clearance happening in your area!

Thanks for the photo jacobot!

UPDATE:
Thanks to reports by jacobot and t.wizard, it seems the clearance is also being applied to Marvel and Star Wars figures (now $5.50), and Star Trek Kre-O.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	targetcadbuclear.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	6704  

Last edited by Hantei; 07-24-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: Batman Unlimited on Clearance for ~$10 at Target Canada

My local Target doesn't have Batman Unlimited figures anymore to clearance out. They pretty much never had a restock since the price cut awhile back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rapidrundowns

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

I like the sound of this. In the USA one of the best aspects of Target for me has always been the clearance section. I was hoping they wouldn't shy away from that in their Canadian stores.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
jacobot
clone179

Nice eh?
Marvel and Star Wars 3 3/4 were like $5.49
Even the Star Trek Kreo was on Clearance

Last edited by jacobot; 07-18-2013 at 08:27 AM.
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Batman Unlimited, Marvel, Star Wars, and more on Clearance for ~$10 at Target Can

My two local Targets have some GI Joe stuff on clearance as well. However both are still charging full price for the DC figs.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme
Re: Batman Unlimited, Marvel, Star Wars, and more on Clearance for ~$10 at Target Can

Target in Ajax has yet to sell these for clearance but they put Movie Avengers and Star Wars Figs for half price as well as other little things. U.S. Clearances appear to be so much better.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Target in Ajax has yet to sell these for clearance but they put Movie Avengers and Star Wars Figs for half price as well as other little things. U.S. Clearances appear to be so much better.
Remember Target is only just starting out here, we can't expect them to start giving us clearances in large quantities right out of the gate, they have to gradually build up to it. I mean most of them have difficulty even keeping the shelves full with stock, and some of them aren't finished renovating/opening yet, so naturally they'd start out small on the clearance front.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #8
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Agreed. This unexpected and wide clearance is a good sign, even if it's not dirt-cheap. I know it got TRU managers worried enough that one went over to the nearest Target to see what their clearance prices were like... if it makes TRU big wigs nervous, then maybe they'll keep their own prices at a respectable level and not that crap we saw with the ewok and Yavin pilots sets last XMas.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

I have been a collector for 21 years now and have been fortunate to live in a border city.
Don't be fooled by the reports on the U.S. forums like Rebelscum and places like that.
Sure you see reports saying, I found this figure in clearance for $1.57 or I found this Target exclusive that was $29.99 for $8.90.
These finds are few and far between and the items are found in some out of the way town where the Targets there do not move product as quickly as others.
As with all retail stores they would never let an $11 item go for $1.57 without a gradual discount over time.
That's the other thing that people are failing to report, they go to the same store, or several stores, every single morning. They have watched the gradual mark downs happen and never mention anything until stuff is at rock bottom prices.
In 2 hours, in Michigan, I can hit at least 5 Targets, some I have to jump on a highway to connect with but the majority I hit are all within 10 minutes of each other!
So please take hear say and rumor with a grain of sand. Yes I have found stuff at outrageously cheap prices but only after all the good stuff has been sold.
Or in the case of an exclusive that there is only 1 piece and not an assortment, like the Emperor's shuttle or, the Hoth and Endor Ultimate battlepacks. I did find those super cheap but only because they were high priced items to begin with.
And what about gas and toll? You don't think people have invented teleporters without our knowledge do you?
( all sarcasm aside)
I will be straight up with you, in the 21 years I have been collecting I have never seen anything discounted by half the price to begin with. The DC figures are $14.99 and the Star Wars are $9.99 the lowest they will start out at is $11.25 and $7.49, in the States, then they go to half off next.
So we should be rejoicing to find figures for half off during the first markdowns.
I myself rushed out and picked up an extra Movie Legends battle droid. Because I'm an army builder.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
cobralegion
Decepticon

Noticed today that the GI Joe stuff is on clearance to. Figures were 8.09 and vehicles( HISS tank) were 11.89. Oddly the smaller vehicles were still regular price.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, batman unlimited, clearance, target