ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #41
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
Re: Fan Expo Canada 2011

I really enjoyed Fan Expo. Was there on Saturday for about 10.5 hrs and got some really sweet stuff!

Got to meet Anthony Daniels and see the screening of The Clone Wars and had a really cool day with some close friends. Plus, the prices were actually quite reasonable! Not sure if I am going next year though.

Only because I may want to check out a different toy show next year like TFCon or 80's Toy Expo or even thinking of maybe hitting up Celebration VI.

All in all, it was a fun way to spend the day and I got some sweet figures in the process.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #42
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

I had a great time, even without Hasbro having any SDCC 2011 merch. I did manage to get some good deals on SDCC Matrix TFP for $30 and Indiana Jones SDCC set for $110. I also bought a whole wack of MSIB BW Neo figs (Cobra, Rabbit, Heinlad, Magnatron) for $130. The rest of my time I spent in the artist alley chatting it up with friendly folks there and even made some donations to their cause. Last but not least, I got a lot of nice photo's with some really cute babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vujonny View Post
And the thing to is... If you go early, and don't have advance tickets. This is what it looks like. I got there at 10pm. waited a hour to wait in another line to pay for tickets. Waiting in a underground parking lot with no ac. people smelt. Good thing I had cash cause most people had debit. During the afternoon the line ups were a lot faster
You should have tried going earlier at 10am, it only took me ~30 minutes to get in (no advanced tickets). But yeah, the smell is unfortunately unavoidable, but at least the AXE girls were trying to help with that situation.

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #43
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I had a great time, even without Hasbro having any SDCC 2011 merch. I did manage to get some good deals on SDCC Matrix TFP for $30 and Indiana Jones SDCC set for $110. I also bought a whole wack of MSIB BW Neo figs (Cobra, Rabbit, Heinlad, Magnatron) for $130. The rest of my time I spent in the artist alley chatting it up with friendly folks there and even made some donations to their cause. Last but not least, I got a lot of nice photo's with some really cute babes

You should have tried going earlier at 10am, it only took me ~30 minutes to get in (no advanced tickets). But yeah, the smell is unfortunately unavoidable, but at least the AXE girls were trying to help with that situation.
Man, am I glad my group all had advanced tickets and got to bypass that.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #44
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Not sure if I am going next year though.

Only because I may want to check out a different toy show next year like TFCon or 80's Toy Expo or even thinking of maybe hitting up Celebration VI.
The good thing is, admission for the TFCON/80s Toy Expo is way cheaper than Fan Expo and far less crowded. From what I recall, regular admission is $10 and the early bird admission (where you go in before 10 AM) is $20.

It may not have the celebrities and other stuff (e.g. horror movie memorabilia, comic book artists, or video game merchandise) that Fan Expo has, but TFCON/80s Toy Expo is good if all you're looking for is action figures and toys. Just take in mind that the show is held in Mississauga.

Last edited by Eko123; 09-06-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan expo, kirk